It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Practice Chastity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Just wondering if anyone here is chaste? If so, then what are your results and how long have you been practicing this? I'd imagine it increases energy, but tell us your experiences with it, as I'm sure it will be enlightening.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I practise for about 20 hours a day, but fall into remission nightly with the wife.
How would chasity increase energy? Medically speaking I would imagine the opposite to be true. It is a biological function, and our bodies are genetically wired to reward us mentally, and physically for doing it.

I can see chasity for the uninvolved romantically from a moral, spiritual, and health aspect. To choose to be chase as a permanent lifestyle could have certain spiritual benefits by denying the body, but beyond that I think the benefits of a healthy sex life outweigh the benefits of chasity by a wide margin. The same self denial benefit of chasity can be pursued in a healthy sex life by being giving, and unslefish toward your partner. Many ancient cultures (tantra cames to mind) found sex very spiritually enlightening.

If someone chooses permanent chasity as a lifestyle I can't argue that they are in anyway wrong, or misguided. I just don't personally see the benefit vs. cost.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Are you sure you're in the right place to ask a question like that?

However, in a spirit of openness I would suggest you consult a search engine and enter the word there, there is a whole fetish sub-culture devoted to this topic both female and male chastity.

I can't really see how this is either an above or below top secret, below the belt maybe...

Also, it's not my thing in case anyone is wondering.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Binder
If someone chooses permanent chasity as a lifestyle I can't argue that they are in anyway wrong, or misguided. I just don't personally see the benefit vs. cost.

Benefits are your never going to bring someone into this world.

Once your past the early 20's or so, your energies in that respect decrease, so it not that bad after 23 or so for me. You sort of become emasculated after a while. Good priests will tell you this.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
i have been celibate for over 7 years now.

while i cant say i feel more energy i can say that i have alot less stress . it honestly hasnt been as difficult as i expected, and its come to the point now where i really dont even miss intercourse..
the difficult thing for me is the lack of intimacy( im a cuddler), but i just dont feel like i can put 100% into a relationship atm, and after 7 years im not just gonna go look for a one night stand.

also this was not really a concious thing that i think about .i do not have to fight urges, its simply absent not really missed.

good thing for my parents my sister already gave them grandchildren hehe...

~meathead

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Binder
I practise for about 20 hours a day, but fall into remission nightly with the wife.

Made me smile, that did.

Nice

But back to the OP...

I don't know why anyone would want to be chaste, given the option, but everyone has that choice. If they're doing it due to some ridiculous religious mandate then it's wrong. Very wrong. There's no sense in that. I could only guess it's down to very old beliefs that being sexually active equates to sin, etc.

But if someone truly *wants* to be chaste, or has to be for their own reasons, be it personal or otherwise - then so be it.

Just don't do it because some old man with a staff and gaudy clothing says you should, while he and his bretherin diddle with the kids

[edit on 30-6-2010 by noonebutme]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Gee Binder, I was under the impression that most married people did practice chatity.

But my question is; is it truley chastity if one takes matters in their own hand? Or is true chastity on a spritual level where one can overcome sexual urges and desires without physical means?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
I could only guess it's down to very old beliefs that being sexually active equates to sin, etc.

Na, it has nothing to do with that for me. I just did not want to know about that stuff, and after like i said around 23 i felt emasculated so i assume for priests too they get that. Your energies like all people in early 20's is at its peak, but after that chastity is not bad. Its a problem for other people more than you i found.

Like how you could not understand why someone would choose that way of life.

I think i made the right choice, and i am glad now, but people where a pain over it, and people think your anti social over it, or what ever, which is not true. Its just the way i wanted to be, for me.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I did a 4 year bout at one point in my life.
When you toss sex out the window you begin to see things in a different light.
TV,how people dress,the motivations for why people do certain things,etc.
It was fairly enlightening to learn things about both sexes by stepping out of the jungle for awhile and just observing.
I wouldn't say it gave me more energy so much as I just had more pent up energy that needed to be released a different way.

People do alot of things in their daily life that revolves around sex and sometimes i wondered if they realized it or not.

These days I am sexually active but very cautious.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
My mom has been doing it for probably about 20 something years! My poor dad! It's not working for her, very grumpy negative old lady! I do it for 3months at a time, but then my husband gets leave, and all the efford that I had put into chastity goes out the door! Lmao

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Definately not if I can help it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AABacon

no, it doesn't increase your energy at all; it actually saps it. well, if you consider being irritable being energetic...then maybe.

the only benefit is you don't get STDs

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What the heck are you people blathering on about??

Celibacy does not SAP your energy.

I have been celibate by choice for years and feel more alive and better than I have ever felt.

Sexual energy is a powerful energy.

Anyway, what is chaste, does it have anything to do with celibacy?

I doubt one would call me chaste.

I laugh at ladies my age thinking they are "cougars" and going out and whoring it up, disgusting way to give away your power there.

I have things in life I want to accomplish, and sex is something I have had my day for.

Call it a selfish choice.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don't know about increasing energy, but its definitely a sense of freedom and allows one to focus on erudition of esoteric and metaphysical subjects.

I could never study and research as much as I do, if I was distracted by dependents. So its very liberating in this sense.

I am free to meditate, free to write, free to learn, free from the stress and anxiety of dependents, free to concentrate on goals, and live the way I want. Even financially and career wise its liberating, I can focus on investing, the military, and college.

When I was deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan I felt a sense of peace after seeing spouses cheat on husbands and destroy them financially. I had nothing holding me down or holding me back. I was able to focus on the mission and our objectives in ways most of the other guys couldn't.

Its part of an entire system though, for example:
I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't use drugs. I eat organic foods, probiotic yogurts, and stay away from fluoridated water.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
men sexually peak at around 20-21, women in their early thirties. does masterbation count as breaking chastity? or are you only including intercourse in your question?

also, many people may list a lack of relationship problems as rewards for avoiding sex, or they may say "i don't have as much stress" when the reason for lack of stress is the lack of a needy partner, and not so much sex.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AABacon

Actually, sexual relief is very, very healthy for you. A good sex life is conducive to a longer life....though a highly promiscuous one may not.

I should add, woman are a bit different from men and considering they don't have a prostate to worry about, it may not be as detrimental to them in cases of abstinence, but honestly, you have a body for a reason.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

My mom has been doing it for probably about 20 something years! My poor dad! It's not working for her, very grumpy negative old lady!

Either your mom knowingly looks the other way while your dad takes care of his business elsewhere or she's blind to the fact that he's a man, isn't wired the same as her and is getting it somewhere. Either way, she may have gone 20 years without, but I doubt he has.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by ethancoop]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Well after been marry for 29 years you kind of practice more than you should.

And no, is not because we have lost our sex appeal, we both work hard to keep in great shape and attractive to each other.

It just happen . . . we can tell each other how much we love each other and how much we like each other but that's it. . . and is Ok.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

You got it right, it is very healthy and that is why our bodies were made to be so sensitive to sexual stimulation and enjoyment of the act.

In humans is natural think. . .

Now I respect anybody that practice chastity because they chose too but remember that you carry a time bomb about to explode.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I had to Google this Chastity word and got some weird religious thing and not having sex for long periods of time, If thats the case then unless one counts masturbation then I have been chaste a long time, also I got this quote "masturbation is sex with someone you love" on some site that came up with the word chastity
My prognosis meh i feel the same as always.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join