It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proof of ET Parable.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
An ant is walking around one day and he runs into a huge monster. The monster grabs the ant and toys with it. The any crawls up and down the monster's hand. The monster puts in ant back down and tries to kill it. The ant runs away back into his colony.

The ant calls for a meeting.

Ant: I just saw a huge monster thing. I was crawling on his hand. He put me down and tried to kill me.

Other Ants: Monsters don't exist you fool.

Ant: I swear I saw one!!!

Other Ants: You liar. Where is the proof?

Ant: I have none. What would constitute proof?

Other Ants: Photos, videos or any recordings?

Ants: Photos or videos? I'm a #ing ant. I am unable to use those kinds of tools.

Other Ants: Ok. We're going to kill you now for heresy since you can't prove it.

Ants: O #....

And our ant is murdered in front of all his peers after days of public ridicule and humiliation.

The End.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjohen

Thank you for the thread! This is quite similar to some cases in the real world, but some not so much.

For example, we do have relatively easy access to cameras and video recorders. We also, as far as I am aware, do not murder those who believe such things.

It is of my opinion that if one ridicules a person for believing what they witnessed, or 'mentally' murders them, the person doing the ridiculing is in the wrong.

Being skeptical and asking questions is all fine, but ridiculing does not seem appropriate, in my opinion!

Kind regards

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Hitotsumami]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Wow what a sad story, what are trying to accomplisch?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
you know I was thinking about this. UFO's are never clearly taped. What if we are just too primitive to understand them therefore unable to see them properly. Like the ant who doesn't have the necessary tools to bring evidence to the other ants.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by eammon

We don't understand quantum mechanics, we don't understand gravity, we don't understand light, and a myriad other fundamental concepts that make up our reality.

I'd like to believe that these entities have a more complete understand of reality than us. And surely this would be reflected in their technology.

I've always wondered if their ability to disappear may in some cases be a form of engineered "spiritual" technology. And by that I mean that their craft and/or physical forms would remain intact, but could perhaps "de-synch" from our plane of existence. Kind of like a shortcut around decades of zen meditation, incorporated into a machine that can be manipulated at will.

If there is a spiritual counterpart to our physical reality, then I firmly believe there is a physics behind it that can be comprehended and ultimately we could build machines to manipulate it. I'm guessing we may have accidentally tapped into that technology with the Philadelphia Experiment.

Just a thought =)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Maybe they have the technology to see into the future so they know which footage will turn out blurry and be low res enough so they wont constitute proof. Under circumstances when credible evidence would be produced, they just make themselves invisible or maybe alter the evidence, perhaps by "zapping" your digital camera so the memory is wiped or the camera is completely disabled or taken away, or perhaps by abducting the witness(es) and coercing them into erasing the evidence or letting them do so, perhaps in exchange for them taking you on a 3 hour tour of the galaxy while turning the hull of the ship transparent, and then wiping your memory afterward...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Um, your point is seen but a bit.... extreme. Good point to it though. It reminds me of those stories between animals where theres a real-life application... like the ant and the grasshopper, aesops fables or whatever.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjohen

This is similar to Plato's allegory of the cave, search ATS threads for an animated explanation of this concept.

new topics

top topics

join