It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China denies military exercise aimed at U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So who is running CHINA ? or the PLA ??
60's commies or Chinease Bullocracy Capitalist Pigs ?
Are there two Gov't's in China?,,
remember Japan before WW2 the Military was able to Dictate Policy.
ohh how things change and stay the same China still wants Taiwan

Will the ref yell "time in" ? and are we ready to rumble?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
TIME IN

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't see any links, so I am not sure what to comment on, but am nonetheless interested in the topic. Do you know why China "wants" Taiwan?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Cause their's a nice ocean view?? not sure why.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

During WW2 Japan took Taiwan from China. After the war, the communist won control of China, and the opposing regime fled to Taiwan. That's the jist of it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

So basically japan won Taiwan when Hilter in power ie axis/allies etcc,, and then after the war Japan got to keep Taiwan? well thats not right,, is it? i mean they eventually surrendered and lost all of there land gains through aggression,,??

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

No, Japan lost probably 90% of the territory it held during WW2.

There were 2 Chinese governments who were trying to take control of China during and after WW2. The communist government won control of China, and the losers ran away to Taiwan.

On the flip side, the Taiwanese government believes that China belongs to them.

History if Taiwan over at wikipedia

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Ok looks like China would have a legit claim too Taiwan then,, and i forget was China,,, American Allie at that time ,,end of ww2?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I think that the U.S. and China were allies during WW2. American bombers would land in China after bombing Japan.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh and u do know that Japan assasinated the "Royal Family" of Taiwan too gain ownership of Taiwan right??

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So thats why the U.S at the time said too China no u can't have Taiwan there was already a ruling family,,Rule by Divine right thing,,
Which of Course China being Communist did not sanction or recognize rule by Divine right,,

and there u have the rest of the story

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yeah, something like that. Japan took Chinese territory through extreme terror. Look up Nanking as 1 example. The Japanese of that era viewed everyone else as inferior people. If the war had gone in their favor, they would have eventually took on the nazi's too.

The Japanese people of today are much different and very passive, I know this because I am married to one. When dealing with these very polite, nice people, I find it hard to believe that they are the same people who spread terror accross the pacific. I sometimes joke with my wife and say that we must have culled the genes for violence and aggression right out of their population.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You and countless others need to brush up on facts about China! Spread the knowledge of history and facts. Seek truth from facts!
China in WW2
Hostory of the Republic of China and then ROC in Taiwan
PRC and ROC relationship
Government of the PRC

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Well that's what love is all about Son

Oh and dont piss her off lol women there all the same

edit on 17-11-2010 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Thanks for the links. I'm reading over them now for fun. I think everything I typed is factual though.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Well we all need to explain history better. I'm still trying to find the truth about one of my favorite politicians. I will never find justice for him. Yet! I can honor him with honor and respect.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Sometimes, the facts are difficult to know fact from fiction when it comes to history. There are far too many people who never had the chance to tell their story. I also heard too many times that the winners write the history books.

Who's your favorite politician?

I live in Sacramento when I am not living in Japan.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I live in Sacramento, California as well. Zhao Ziyang one of the former leaders of China who was imprisoned after the Tienanmen incident. He was a great person.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I was comparing the Tiananmen massacre to the Kent State massacre in another thread earlier. The difference is that after Tiananmen, the PRC became a little more oppressive.

I'm reading up on Zhao now.

top topics

join