It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Message to the U.S. and Humanity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Anger and hatred are physical manifestations of suppressed fear, guilt, and / or humiliation. Most situations where aggression has manifested tends to be due to an error in communication or lost in translation from the perceptions of the individuals or groups in the situation, or an error in the human programming which leads to the actions which represent greed, selfishness, either consciously or subconsciously. When these factors occur and the consequences due to these actions cause a negative effect for others, the acting party tends to feel no remorse and that they’re doing the right thing. They have convinced themselves that even though they’re exploiting others for personal gain, it is okay as long as others are benefiting from their actions. They view their actions as self-worthy and perfectly sane behavior.

We must look at these lessons from history as well as personal experiences and in the present realize that what you disagree with in the actions of others are what we dislike about ourselves. We cannot change the world as a whole if we are motivated out of anger of other peoples’ actions but we must be motivated out of love to help others. We must feel the need to help others that are in times of need, this should be the motivation to drive us to do what is right. The only things that stop the progression of humanity are abstract concepts that have been conceived by wrong reasoning or misleading teachings.

Just as nature works, everything is in motion and in harmony with each other. If the water cycle in Earth stopped the oxygen cycle would stop. If that other planets weren’t in our solar system life on Earth wouldn’t have been able to evolve. All of humanity has their own natural talents in fields of study that without anyone of these fields of study the progression of society would almost seize. For the sake of the progression of humanity we must take the lessons of synchronicity and manifest them into creating a harmony within the actions of humanity. The creative factor of our universe is manifested through the actions of humanity. If we don’t work in harmony with mother earth then our subconscious will create a world of peril. Just as the cells in our bodies work to keep all the cycles in our bodies going and we are the consciousness of our body; we and all other things in nature are the cells of the Earth that keep the cycles going. Once one cycle starts working out of order the others will start to follow. We must be in harmony with the receptive Earth, just like the cells in our bodies. When we destroy the earth for resources we become a cancer and it will effect the rest of the cycles of the Earth. Eventually Earth will fix itself of this “cancer” due to the manifestations of our sub-consciousness through the actions of humanity.

The people that govern this world have been filled with corruption beyond a comprehensible degree. They have the power to control economies, governments, media, and education. They exert suggestive thinking to control and manipulate the masses, however it is up to us to reason and “to open our eyes” to create a better world for our children. You can’t change the system from within for the system will eventually change you, many have tried and all have failed. We need for a grass-roots revolution and cultural renaissance to simultaneously occur so that we are able to govern ourselves with good morals to insure a positive future of humanity. We must have good morals throughout the majority of the population so that we can decide what will be good and right for our country, and humanity as a whole. We must cleanse our hands of this mind-state and culture of apathy, selfishness, and materialism.

We need to rid this system of dealing in absolutes in political philosophy, i.e. stop going with the crowd, educate yourself and form your own beliefs from your own and personal experiences instead of allowing others to tell us what to believe. If we use reason instead of lust to form our decisions, our direction will turn for the better. We don’t live in a perfect world but we can always improve. Of course there is corruption in society and we feel that we can’t do anything about it, but we can. The belief that we can’t change anything is the epitome of apathy. It’s the viewpoint that if I’m all right than it doesn’t matter what else happens. NO! That’s wrong! That is the same type of thinking as the narcissistic people that exploit their own and others just to make a profit no matter the repercussions. That is the same way of thinking that allowed us to get into the situation that we’re in, in the first place. If we continue to embrace this culture of senseless and selfishness behavior than humanity will bring upon it’s own destruction. We are too smart to allow that to happen to ourselves. We have allowed the greed of others to create an economy based on pollution and exploitation of nature and mankind itself. We have the technology to create a world where everyone can have free energy and we can focus man power on the progression of society instead of meaningless and unprogressive ways of living. If we do this the life expectancy and standard of living will sharply increase.

My theory on how to change the direction of humanity is to unite the like minded individuals with good heads on their shoulders. My generation is the one who is attending or beginning college now. We for the most part are the epitome of mass media advertising. We lack valuable art, music, and morals. However, there are ones that do appreciate true art and philosophy and do understand the direction that we need to be going. If we can unite the next generation are these sets of values I believe humanity will finally turn for the better. Remember only a small amount of the citizens of the original 13 colonies wanted to have a revolution. Just like the people that run our world are a small amount of people. A small thing can make a huge difference.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Urrrrgh, philosophy. So in your future there'll be even more cold, literal thinkers with no heart? We already have them as leaders.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

No, they don't have a heart. I have a heart. My point is to have passion for others instead of leaders who only care for themselves. We just need people to be aware so that we can have a better future.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Most people are, were, always have been, and always will be too stupid for a truly enlightened and rational philosophy to take root. Sad, but true.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

You should educate yourself on what philosophy is outside of the academic setting. Philosophy is anything but cold, but it is logical. And our leaders today are anything but cold and logical. Their policies are based on greed, which displays a deep burning love and passion...............for yourself.

A philosopher loves truth, and wisdom, more than anything. Especially more than their own self. Their decisions may seem "cold" to someone used to thinking of themselves as being all important, but the true philosopher thinks of the good first, not themselves.

Logic is a form, and you can have logical untruths, if you study the form, you know that. Logic is a tool for attaining wisdom, but it is not wisdom itself. Wisdom itself comes from proper harmony within the person, with spirit, intellect, and body in balance.

Read Plato sometime. Dont just listen to the semantics passed off as philosophy in a university setting. Many academics are fools in love with the memorization and superficial analysis of philosophers works and no deep understanding of them.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

you my friend are completely right. And that was part of the point that I was trying to point out.

I believe it was socrates that said the first thing to philosophy is to admit that you don't know anything.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I know philosophy students and a lot of them are just pretentious and love themselves more than anything because they can throw around a bunch of pointless rhetoric around in conversations. Plus, they just annoyingly question every single thing. I mean, sure, that's good and all, but when you make a sarcastic joke and they fail to get it, so spend 20 minutes dissecting it, and then asking "What is humour, anyway?" then that just puts me right off.

Thing is, philosophy should be a subject that spreads love, peace and knowledge, but the knowledge that ends up getting spread is a bunch of really ridiculous rhetoric.

In turn, this really just puts me off philosophy.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

that is completely understandable. but i don't really love myself more than i love anyone else. i'm a philosophy student but it's just a minor, i tend to argue with my peers since i'm in such a liberal state (california) and mostly everyone else goes with what the dems do. I get along with everyone and when i'm out socializing i don't really talk philosophy. you have to be a normal individual. i try to spread love peace and knowledge, i don't really go for rhetoric or symbolism just straight to the point. i never wanted to go into philosophy but i just found myself doing so with my major. i figured since the world is so screwed i could at least try my best to make a difference whether it is after i die, i don't care. I have my music to make me content and it works for me.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

You should educate yourself on what philosophy is outside of the academic setting. Philosophy is anything but cold, but it is logical. And our leaders today are anything but cold and logical. Their policies are based on greed, which displays a deep burning love and passion...............for yourself.

Well said

i did some sums on the $1.2bn spent at the G20 sumit for security and if we assume 1,000,000 protestors turned up then it cost $1,200 per protestor.

We all know nothing like 1m turned up so you do the sums and tell me if they even care to disguise the fact that they are robbing us blind.

new topics

top topics

join