It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas A&M: Methane Levels In Gulf Of Mexico Up To 1,000,000 x Normal! Thats ONE MILLION!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Alrightythen,.. So... one thing I have been awakening to is how this site has a tendency to attempt to spread fear. I will not say this event is not a very bad thing,.. however,.. why are we not hearing of this in the MSM? Like Anderson Cooper on CNN. That would be unprecedented reporting. What, afraid to cause mass panic? If this was truly a dangerous situation then we would be aware of it.
Now,The reason I say these things is 70% of the stuff that is brought up on this site is sooo blown outta proportion and does not happen.
Try to keep in mind that this is a conspiracy site and articles are often created from opinion.

That and they don't want BP's stock to crash tommorrow.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Seriously?..I don't think that would be reason enough to allow millions of people to be murdered.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

reply to post by mhc_70

Seriously?..I don't think that would be reason enough to allow millions of people to be murdered.

I doubt it would either, but your implying they were, for once, aware of the law of unintended consequence that has contiually kept this administration off balance. BP bought the politicians, BP goes bankrupt and those politicians are no longer on the pay roll. The tunnel vision due to the greed made risking those million lives worth it.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

reply to post by mhc_70

I doubt it would either, but your implying they were, for once, aware of the law of unintended consequence that has contiually kept this administration off balance. BP bought the politicians, BP goes bankrupt and those politicians are no longer on the pay roll. The tunnel vision due to the greed made risking those million lives worth it.
Givin the greed that our world exhibits regularly, I could say there would be plausible scenario.
SO,... msm is all politician owned?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thanks so much for taking the time to transfer all of this!! I've been trying so hard to follow this thing on a daily basis since it started on 4/20. There's so much mixed up disinformation on this subject. People don't realize the magnitude of the situation and its impact on our future. It's not being properly covered by the media and presented to the public as what it is. Possible loss of the lives of everyone living within miles of the gulf coast. Maybe even the eradication of the state of Florida, should a mega tsunami flood the low level state;.
I was born and raised down in Nokomis, Florida. Its directly on the Gulf. I spent my childhood living no more than two miles away from Nokomis beach. Since I was a teenager, I've had these realistic tsunami nightmares. They are terrifing, I can hear the deafening roar, feel the earth shake and then I see a sky high wall of dark water. It blocks out the sun and becomes freezing. I can feel the vapors touch my face, then I wake up. I dream of this constantly and could never figure out why. I always attributed it to the dream symbol of feeling overwhelmed, until recently.. When I learned about this methane gas bubble situation. Check out the live feed, tonight, its pouring out so much faster...uh. If it gets out it kills our ocean and pollutes the air. If it stays in, its builds up more, cracks through the seafloor, creates a mega toxic tsunami that hits a lot of places and kills a lot of people.
So, its important for intelligent people to make others aware of what they're being dumbed down too. This is a way bigger deal than anything else that is happening to anyone and should be on the front of the mainstream media pages!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thanks so much for taking the time to transfer all of this!! I've been trying so hard to follow this thing on a daily basis since it started on 4/20. There's so much mixed up disinformation on this subject. People don't realize the magnitude of the situation and its impact on our future. It's not being properly covered by the media and presented to the public as what it is. Possible loss of the lives of everyone living within miles of the gulf coast. Maybe even the eradication of the state of Florida, should a mega tsunami flood the low level state;.
I was born and raised down in Nokomis, Florida. Its directly on the Gulf. I spent my childhood living no more than two miles away from Nokomis beach. Since I was a teenager, I've had these realistic tsunami nightmares. They are terrifing, I can hear the deafening roar, feel the earth shake and then I see a sky high wall of dark water. It blocks out the sun and becomes freezing. I can feel the vapors touch my face, then I wake up. I dream of this constantly and could never figure out why. I always attributed it to the dream symbol of feeling overwhelmed, until recently.. When I learned about this methane gas bubble situation. Check out the live feed, tonight, its pouring out so much faster...uh. If it gets out it kills our ocean and pollutes the air. If it stays in, its builds up more, cracks through the seafloor, creates a mega toxic tsunami that hits a lot of places and kills a lot of people.
So, its important for intelligent people to make others aware of what they're being dumbed down too. This is a way bigger deal than anything else that is happening to anyone and should be on the front of the mainstream media pages!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Remember the scene from Christmas Family Vacation when the old guy throws the lit cigar down the storm drain.
I gonna stand on the porch and say "play ball"

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
hydrates.mines.edu...

I found this web site for The Center for Hydrate Research and noticed at the bottom of the page they show there current sponsers and they also show there former sponsers Haliburton is listed under former sponser. Did Haliburton decide to get out of the methane hydrates business after the deep horizon leak. Do they see something that scared them?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thank you for the information. It's nice to know there are others out there who are questioning this and seeking sound advice, information and that you take the time to share with us.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Apologize if this has been posted already. did not see it.

Biologists find 'dead zones' around BP oil spill in Gulf

Scientists are confronting growing evidence that BP's ruptured well in the Gulf of Mexico is creating oxygen-depleted "dead zones" where fish and other marine life cannot survive.

In two separate research voyages, independent scientists have detected what were described as "astonishingly high" levels of methane, or natural gas, bubbling from the well site, setting off a chain of reactions that suck the oxygen out of the water. In some cases, methane concentrations are 100,000 times normal levels.

Other scientists as well as sport fishermen are reporting unusual movements of fish, shrimp, crab and other marine life, including increased shark sightings closer to the Alabama coast.

Larry Crowder, a marine biologist at Duke University, said there were already signs that fish were being driven from their habitat.

"The animals are already voting with their fins to get away from where the oil spill is and where potentially there is oxygen depletion," he said. "When you begin to see animals changing their distribution that is telling you about the quality of water further offshore. Basically, the fish are moving closer to shore to try to get to better water."
www.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join