It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China denies military exercise aimed at US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

China denies military exercise aimed at US

rawstory.com

China denied on Tuesday media reports that an artillery drill in the East China Sea was in response to a planned military exercise between South Korea and the United States.

The 6-day, live ammunition exercise starting on Wednesday in the East China Sea off China's coast was seen by some analysts as a "response to a (planned) joint exercise between the United States and Republic of Korea navies in the Yellow Sea," said the China Daily, the country's official English-language newspaper.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Although China is not saying that it's related, it doesn't take a genius to see otherwise. If North Korea goes to war with the South, could that spark a war between the US and China?

On first thought, I would say absolutely not. China has far too much money tied into the US economy. In fact, China's rising economy is completely dependent on America and other western countries. It would be stupid for China to engage the US in any kind of hostile actions, especially over North Korea.

With that being said, China can only benefit from the US economy as long as our economy is still viable. Once our economy is no longer viable, then it would actually make sense to engage us in order to emerge as a super power. Is our economy at the point that China will no longer be able to use it order to better their own?

Is this building to be something huge? Everyone has their eye on Iran, when a war with North Korea and China would be much bigger. In fact, the Iran conflict could tie in as well, since Iran is a much needed oil supplier to China. Is this Chinese exercise indicative of things to come?

--airspoon

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Russia is also making a big military drill on it's east coast.

Tens of thousands of troops, as well as dozens of warships and warplanes, will be involved in a large-scale military exercise in Russia's Far East, a top military commander said on Monday.

Also Kim Jong Il asked China for J-10s but China refused saying they would go in and help NKorea if the US/SK invaded them.

IMO China and Russia are passing a message saying NO YOU DON'T INVADE NKorea or we're gonna go in and kick you in the nuts.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

IMO China and Russia are passing a message saying NO YOU DON'T INVADE NKorea or we're gonna go in and kick you in the nuts.

I agree. Someone has to go in and teach those american citizens there military is nowhere what they thought it to be.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

I agree. Someone has to go in and teach those american citizens there military is nowhere what they thought it to be.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So who is running CHINA?
Chinese Bullocracy? or the PLA ??

Are there two Gov't's in China?,,

remember Japan before WW2 the Military was able to Dictate Policy.

ohh how things change and stay the same China still wants Taiwan
Will the ref yell "time in" ? and are we ready to rumble?

[edit on 30-6-2010 by BobAthome]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

25/12/2009: The Defense Ministry has said the Russian Armed Forces will conduct large-scale Vostok military exercises in Siberia and the country's Far East in 2010. The exercises will be part on the annual training cycle in the Russian military, aimed at improving combat readiness and interoperability of the various branches of the Armed Forces. Russia holds Vostok strategic command-and-staff exercises every two years. More than 8,000 troops took part in Vostok-2008.

en.rian.ru...

Well obviously this isn't a response to the US/SK exercise, as they conduct this drill semi-annually and the 2010 Vostok exercise has been in the works since at least 2009.

Now, the russians claim that this drill isn't aimed at anyone in particular, which I don't buy. However, I also don't buy that this is a response to the US/SK exercise. Vostok 2010 has been in the works far too long for that to be the case.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by METACOMET]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Yes but the US/SK too have annual drills.

So everyone is having their annual drill... so no big deal either way.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
China/Russia alliance has been quietly building,the chinese want all of asia/oceania....including Australia the home of vast vast resources.
The Russians want all the former USSR back under military rule, and all of Europe.
Oh yes and a big slice of the Middle eastern oil reserves.
The war has been building since 1945, it is perhaps about to happen.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It is becoming more and more clear that many countries have their agenda's,

America wants his oil and resources from koeweit, irak, afghanistan saoudi arabia, and so on. Under the pretex "we will help you" they invaded many countries around the world allready but forget to leave.

China is overpopulated and whants also space to feed their people, it will also try to make war under the pretex of "they are a threat"

Russia was bankrupt and war is a means of getting the money rolling again. Many of you will know that war is a business which many counties can profit by.

Iran whants to kill all infidels, and will try to get a great part of asia and europe.

So i can see many conflicts coming, with several opponents and warfronts.
And it is allready starting by all these large scaled exercises which are taking place right now.

America against Asia
China against Russia (before Russia they will annex Tibet)
Russia against Europe.
Asia against Europe.

What is your seeing in this?
To me it is quite logic it will happen like this.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by DutchBigBoy]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
"In fact, the Iran conflict could tie in as well, since Iran is a much needed oil supplier to China."

I've never thought of it like this. I always figured Iran would back N.Korea because of their nuclear programs cooperation and their mutual friendship with one another.

China, Iran, and North Korea, The NEW axis of Evil (or was that USA, Israel and Japan..)

Final farewell from the 2 term, 43rd President of the United States of America . .

PG-13

[edit on 30-6-2010 by BiGGz]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

First, I'd like to say that you have won the award for the worst spelling in any one single post that I have seen yet on ATS. Congratulations! Anyway, thanks for replying.

China is overpopulated and whants also space to feed their people, it will also try to make war under the pretex of "they are a threat"

China has shown no such agenda. If this were true, you would China acting a little more agressive to their neighbors. In our modern world, space really isn't an issue, since a strong economy can allow for the import of foods.

Russia was bankrupt and war is a means of getting the money rolling again. Many of you will know that war is a business which many counties can profit by.

War can be great for the economy in only certain situations, however it is always great for the international bankers.

Iran whants to kill all infidels, and will try to get a great part of asia and europe.

I can't tell you how wrong you are here. Iran wants no such thing, nor they have they presented any such agenda. On the contrary actually, as Iran has not been aggressive at all. In fact, if Iran wanted to "kill" all infidels, would they not first start with the ones in their own country first? You do know that Iran has the Middle East's largest population of Jews outside of Israel, right? These Jews actually have it very good in Iran and they also make up part of the government. In fact, they were offered land and money to move to Israel - by Israel, yet chose to stay in Iran. They aren't in anyway oppressed. Iran has Christians too!

Iran doesn't want to kill infidels, though that is what "they" want you to believe. Compared to both the US and Israel, Iran is a peaceful nation by an extreme margin. Iran has never acted aggressively in modern history. You shouldn't always believe what the MSM wants you to believe.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I know my spelling and grammar lacks a lot, but i don't care :-)

The infidels in the eyes of Iran are the people who live in europe and the states
So we are f***ed too

I don't know al abbreviations like tptb and msm and so on, so keep it simple for me.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

We have a lot of non-native English speakers on this board, and I think ridiculing their spelling in English is petty. Or anyones spelling for that matter. Especially from someone like you who generally has more relevant comments to make.

I think all military "exercises" serve the dual purpose of skill building and showing off to the other alpha dogs on the block. So in that sense, I do think that Russia and China flexing is for our eyes and the eyes of the rest of the world.

I doubt it is just in response to our dealings with the Koreas. As someone else said, it takes too long to plan these things. They were in the works long before this latest round of bickering between the Koreas.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I wasn't trying to ridicule him/her, only pointing out the obvious in a "playful" manner. I wasn't allowing it to take away from his/her message. Trust me, I too have bad spelling, though I run my posts through a spell checker before finalizing them.

As far as military exercises being a chance to "show off", that's exactly my point. If they are basically telling the US that they will back North Korea, then that could only be bad news... on several fronts. Of course politicians will say whatever is politically correct in public so we have to judge them by the messages they send out in other ways, such as military exercises. I have always assumed that China publicly supported North Korea because it is politically correct for them to do so, however this definitely changes my assumption. I too believe that military exercises are used to send messages, messages that could otherwise not be said while standing behind a podium.

With that being said, it also may hint at another message, one of America's economy. If the Chinese are willing to go to war with the US, especially over another country that isn't resourceful, then that may be an indicator of what's to come with our economy. You see, China should want the US to be on top for as long as possible because their economy gets stronger as a result. We will only China bucking up to us in a meaningful way when either our economy is about to tank or theirs is strong enough to pull ahead. Obviously, it isn't the latter... yet.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
You see, China should want the US to be on top for as long as possible because their economy gets stronger as a result. We will only China bucking up to us in a meaningful way when either our economy is about to tank or theirs is strong enough to pull ahead. Obviously, it isn't the latter... yet.

--airspoon

I agree. I think the Western Elite that is trying to take over the world one country at a time is mistaken if they think passive non-resistance from the Chinese and Russians is a sign that they will meet NO resistance. Asian culture is less "now right now" than Western culture, and I agree they are just biding their time till we are well and truly overextended and exhausted.

Asian's WROTE the Art of War, for goodness sakes, Western CEO's and military leaders only read it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Do a bit more digging and you will find that the likes of the rothchilds finance both sides of the war and then decide who's going to win.

The UK had it's a$$ kicked at the start of WWI so read up how it was turned around and what we gave in return.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

Israel.

Second line.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Every time I read about these military exercises -- no matter whether it's the US, South Korea, Iran, China, etc. -- all I think about is how much money they are shooting up into the air just to flex their muscles a bit.

It just goes to show you that no matter what country you're from, apparently feeding your citizens -- a growing number daily -- is way less important than watching crap meant to kill people explode in the air.

And before I start getting lectured about the need for the military to practice lest they find themselves unprepared, let's all remind ourselves that collectively we have enough weaponry to blow up the entire planet thousands of times over.

It's just disgusting reading about how many people could have been fed, medicated, treated, housed, or educated with the money these drills cost.

Sorry, at this juncture, I find it repulsive.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I kind of agree. Really, it is only the world leaders who want war. The world's citizens would probably prefer peace. I would be willing to bet that if you could poll the entire world, a good 95% would say "no war". Wars are for the elite... at the expense of everyone else. It's a big chess board and we are the pawns.

We are manipulated into thinking that we want/need wars for whatever reasons and really, the only beneficiaries are the elite who either gain resources, sell weapons or advance their empire. The people lose out because not only do we finance the wars with our money and labor, but also with our lives.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join