It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At trial, Noriega claims Panama drug money a US-run 'imaginary banking scheme'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

At trial, Noriega claims Panama drug money a US-run 'imaginary banking scheme'

rawstory.com

The 76-year-old general denied taking payments from Colombian drug lords in the 1980s and told a Paris courtroom that cash deposits transferred to French banks came from his legitimate businesses and the CIA.

"I say with much humility and respect that this is an imaginary banking scheme," Noriega told the court in Spanish through his interpreter on the second day of his trial.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I tend to believe that the truth is somewhere in there and I do believe the government played a dirty little part in all of this .

The report went on to say ... " "I will have the opportunity to produce documents that show that I was a victim of a conspiracy mounted by the United States against me," Noriega said .

Yep this will be interesting and if there is any truth to these claims then i guess the MSM might not cover this one .

So what say you , is Noriega a flat out lier or is there some truth to his claim that the U.S was involved ?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Perhaps both. It is a fact that he was a CIA asset. I tend to think he probably did get involved in drug running, but I don't see how that justified an invasion. The US has no right to tell other countries whether or not they can legalize drugs. What's next, an invasion of Holland?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
My family lived there during the invasion, it was a virtual dictatorship under him.

The problem is the US should have never supported both his assassination of Torijjos and his taking of power in Panama.

Classic Govt move, create a problem, create the "solution."

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
My family lived there during the invasion, it was a virtual dictatorship under him.

The problem is the US should have never supported both his assassination of Torijjos and his taking of power in Panama.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I can remember hearing about the invasion in the news as well as reports of the loud speakers being played while he was holding out in an embassy , I think it was ?

I was only a child at the time but I do remember the the damming reports that surfaced just prior to the invasion .

One thing is for sure , he pissed the U.S government off big time , I just don't think it was the reasons given . In fact I think they loved him for the very reasons they later used against him

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Sad thing is, he is probably telling the truth. Not that I feel sorry for him. You play with jackals you might get bit, and he is no better than the people who in all likelihood did use him, set him up, and jail him to keep the whole thing under wraps.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
He got what he asked for. Just realize that he played with your government and got burnt. Is that who you want running your lives and the lives of your progeny? Seriously. Do away with government. It's pretty clear that it needs to be done now, if not sooner.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Noriega isn't the only regime installed by the CIA here is a video that shows how America "spreads democracy"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

If you are asking me, absolutely I dont want my government doing things like that. I know what a bunch of sociopaths they are. I just dont feel sorry for Noriega because he was just as bad as the scum he was playing with.

Any one who would sell out their country and their people for fame, power, money and glory should be executed. I would love to see the truth about my leaders and the CIA come out in a world court and have them pay for their crimes. America is a great country, I hate the fact that they are making a mockery of our democracy and the people.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
That's funny. Several days ago, I started a thread, predicting that Noriega would be snitching on the US now that he is in France and not getting the same perks that he got here. Here in the States, we allowed him to remain as a POW instead of a criminal prisoner which allowed him to live in his own quarters among many other things. France is not affording him the same perks so now he is squeeling. It's more than obvious that the US allowed him to remain a POW for the sole purpose of keeping him quiet about the government's involvement in the drug trade.

Looks like I was right on the money!

--airspoon

[edit on 30-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

It's my country too, though I've now spent half my life in Northern Europe. And I'm originally from New Mexico.

The US isn't worse than most other countries though and this is more to the point of my previous: Do we really want our governments behaving in clear contradiction to our collective wishes, at our expense in every way, and to our ultimate detriment? Obviously the answer is a resounding "No!" and yet we allow it. Not only do we allow it but we fund it, we tacitly give our approval when we stand ldly by and watch them get on with their malevolent activities. We may fear other nations (through our own insecurity and ignorance) but to engage in the things our governments do is beyond the realm of rational behavior. And I know this to be true of all countries. I worked in an (ally's) embassy for a decade and I can tell you, they are about as shady as you can get. There's nothing honest or upright about diplomats or diplomacy.

I'm afraid it's too late. It looks like war is imminent. Our apathy has cost us more than we can ever repay. I've mentioned before that the ride is going to get rather bumpy and that you just need to face it bravely and to hold on tight. Make sure you're espousing the values you want to see for the future in your lives every moment from this one forward. The time is now.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I just watched the documentary The Panama Deception. In the documentary it affirms that our government set Noriega up, paid him with our tax dollars, and encouraged him to push the drug trade. When Noriega had enough of being told by the US what to do, the US turned their back on him to get another puppet into the Panamanian Army to continue drug trafficking.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbomb456

This has been the policy for years. How do you expect them to fund their little black op projects? They know a great money making business when they see it. You don`t expect them to get the money from the tax payers do you? Why do that, when they can just break every law that is written to get it. Remember, they are above all laws. Don`t believe me? It will come out in the open sooner or later.

new topics

top topics

join