It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden calls custard shop manager a smartarse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Article

Yes, the gaffe-prone vice president with the notoriously salty tongue did it again over the weekend during a visit to a custard shop in Glendale, Wis., with Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.). After Biden asked what he owed for his tasty frozen treat, Kopp's Frozen Custard manager Scott Borkin quipped, "Don't worry, it's on the house. ... Lower our taxes and we'll call it even."

iden initially brushed off Borkin's comment — but then circled back to the manager and asked, "Why don't you say something nice instead of being a smarta-- all the time?" You can watch a report on the incident below, together with the shop manager's reaction, below (video courtesy of Fox News):

Borkin said that the vice president came over to him later and whispered that he was just playing around. But the store manager reported he was still taken aback by Biden's strong reaction to his comment. "It didn't seem right, especially from someone in his position," Borkin told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Appearing on Fox News' "Fox & Friends" Monday morning, Borkin said that he still finds it "kind of shocking to hear that come out of his mouth," adding, "I was thrown by it. I wasn't expecting that, especially from, you know, the No. 2 in charge of our country."

Is this appropriate behavior by our vice president? Biden did walk up to him later and say he's kidding, but still, I would be shocked if the VP came up to me and said that.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by buni11687]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Biden paid a visit to the commoners and was shocked and appalled that they were not bowing before his elite presence.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm telling you straight up, don't get this guy in a room with Prince Phillip. They'll kill each other and plunge the west into chaos.

Edit: For those that may be unfamiliar with His Royal Highness.

www.aardvarkmap.net...

[edit on 30-6-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
First we have Captain Kick Ass, now we have Vice President Smart Ass.

new topics

top topics

join