It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Nadler (oil spill hero) putting PEOPLE before money and nepotism!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's a pretty rare event when elected officials put the people first, especially when not in their constituency, but Congressman Jerrold Nadler, of New York, is doing just that!

He's really been making a loud statement calling BP on the use of Corexit, lack of payment and support, poor work practices, and dishonesty.

Nadler says, "[BP is] possibly creating a second catastrophy, a preventable catastrophy" by using Corexit and by not insisting the OSHA laws be followed. He is for big government in this case, with over 500 people already having hospital visits due to exposure (no direct citation, sorry), Nadler says "The Federal government should push BP aside and should insist no one may do this work without wearing proper gear."

"some of us are screaming 'don't believe the Federal Government'" concerning the people who got sick over the 9/11 government malfeasance in allowing people to breath the dust, saying it isn't harmful. Nadler's afraid of a similar issue around the gulf.

Jerrold Nadler has really been at BP's throat over many problems including their lying to the public, choice of one of the worst dispersants, much less efficacious and much more toxic than others, as well as their manipulative work practices in licensing oil platforms in obscure countries to have less stringent laws.

This guy is fighting FOR the people! I hope he sees a lot of thank yous and emails coming his way for this!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Also just a quick thanks to ATS member LiveForever8 for

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Also just a quick thanks to ATS member LiveForever8 for

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Interesting thread title then, thanks for the clarification.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Its Great to see the powers that be are awakening too. I could be wrong,
and this could be another horse and pony show, and would be easy for me to see it that way as jaded as I am. However, I really would like to believe that this man is sincere. You know that is all it would take to get the ball rolling
again. Then it will snowball , gain momentum, and become unstoppable.
I want to believe that a little bit of concern and care has the potential, and power to make good things happen for America and the world at large.

Great Post and Link,,,,Thanks

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

He certainly seems empassioned in his speeches! He is cognisant of the health issues at hand and has lived through a similar situation after 9/11. He's a heavy hitter right in BPs face on this one!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

There are two videos.. he did say that in one of them.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If this man is a sincere as he appears to be, he should become the
Head of the Department of Homeland Security.
With his level of concern, he would prevent an American "Chernobyl"
from coming down the pike.To the best of our ability.

If this Kind of disaster could occur, who is to say another like mentioned
above couldn't. By the way, where is Ms. Napolitano on this? With the Billions
we pay for Homeland Security, this should never have happened. As I have mentioned before, All Chemical Plants, Refineries,and power facilities,
ESPECIALLY Nuclear facilities should be thoroughly inspected with a fine tooth comb. The U.S. Government (the citizen taxpayers) have spent a fortune and many years creating a deep facility in the salt mines and caverns of the west
to create a storage facility for ALL of the radioactive waste Hazards Around the Country. Yet this mission for reasons unknown to me, remains incomplete.
I would say that without a doubt , THAT in itself is a threat to Homeland Security,
and should be addressed immediately. The security of this nation depends not only upon the defense from foreign terrorists, but the intelligence and
power to PREVENT the kind of "unforseen" disaster that we are now experiencing.

Great Post, S&F Thanks Again

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas

There are two videos.. he did say that [Thousands and Thousands to Die From Oil Clean-up Alone] in one of them.

[xx] added

Thanks again. To me it was just a thread title where I first heard about Congressman Nadler's attacking BP...

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This guy deserves a little ATS board time (during daylight hours)
bump for one more go.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Pretty sad state of affairs where this is one of only congressman speaking out? I mean what the ... So broken...so so broken

top topics

join