It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens banned from Moore's film

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

illegal mexicans? dont illegal alieans have no legal rights in the US?

They have legal rights. To charged with crimes, to have a fair and legal hearing, to be treated humanely, boring stuff like that.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Funny. Its ok for illegals to work as maids at the Holiday Inn for slave wages but GOD FORBID they form a union to enforce their legal rights as workers. Then, they gotta get the hell outta town.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

illegal mexicans? dont illegal alieans have no legal rights in the US?

They have legal rights. To charged with crimes, to have a fair and legal hearing, to be treated humanely, boring stuff like that.

i though we just grab there asses and sent them back?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

How about the movie gets a NC-17 rating...so what?
This thread went a bit off topic (although still about Moore)...so what?
You bring up Passion as a brutal movie...so what?

Don't think we're playing nice? So what?

See, the Colonel's argument is great isn't it?

You can go back to your crayola's now Krazy. Just remember to stay inside the lines.

I got a better one.. BFD.

Don't want to go # yourself? BFD
Think you got me pinned? BFD

Think you're smart? BFD

That better? I hope I didn't offend anyones sensative nature.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
No, there are deportation hearings, Ivan

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Whoa, KJ, You better watch out. You might just get banned. I understand your sentiments but, ya gotta do it in a more tactful manner---even tho he did START the flame fight with the crayola crayons bit, violating ATS rules. But then again this is ATS, look at my signature line to see what we're dealing with

[edit on 14-6-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
But then again this is ATS, look at my signature line to see what we're dealing with

Hmm... I've said this before to friends about Michael Moore. If he hates America so much, why doesn't he get the hell out? If you don't like ATS, or this it's a "facist forum" why don't you leave?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!!!!!

(in a generic brotherly type way of course)

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is such a hollow non-issue....

The ratings enforcement rules say that R means a parent or legal guardian (not older friend/big brother) accompany them to the show.
Compliance to the ratings system is VOLUNTARY (tho the film distributors can pull your abillity to get to run their movies if you dont comply)

As people under 18 yrs old are MINORS, not able to vote, or serve in the millitary, or buy a ticket for an R movie AT THE TIME THE FILM IS BEING SHOWN...(tho only relavent timeframe) Thier PARENTS can still decide they can view this film. (weather the teens could volunteer/be drafted in the future is speculation)

Like movie theater security is going to be tough? Once you go by the dweeb tearing your ticket saying "3 doors on the right", whats to stop a teen from going to the 5th door instead? (buy a ticket for one movie then slip into another has been around for how long?)

I can see all the teens lining up or trying to sneek in to see this movie on a saturday night....(I, having managed a major theater for 5 yrs, just cant see this happening)

Perhaps MMoore should have created a film for a wider audience if he wanted to include a pg-13 audience....the guidelines for what gets you what rating are pretty clear for film makers.

I cant believe the amount of hot air expended at this barely trivial scrap of "news"....most of the hot air has been battling Colonel....was that energy really worth being spent?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Nothing, that's the point. This is basically a non-issue.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Funny. Its ok for illegals to work as maids at the Holiday Inn for slave wages but GOD FORBID they form a union to enforce their legal rights as workers. Then, they gotta get the hell outta town.

Man, this thread has gone ape during the few short hours I went to work!

Colonel, don't you see a problem with this? Let's look at it a bit closer.

Illegal aleins are just that - illegal. They should not be here asd they did not enter the country properly. They should be carted off and sent to the border, or they should be treated as the Mexican authorities treat our people. No, on second thought, we are better than that; but you get the picture.
In my area, it is estimated that 1 out of 5 Mexicans are legal. That means that 4 out of 5 are breaking the law by just being here. Of the money they make, all but just enough to pay their share of the rent, money for food and money for booze, gets sent back to Mexico to their families. Think about it. Quite a drain on the local economy and the tax system, since they aren't paid like you and I are. Meanwhile, they are given many of the priveleges you and I have to pay for (Thanks, Shrub!) This is obviously not good for the country or the taxpayer, however, check this out:

When the local police department notify INS tha tthey have apprehended an illegal for whatever the charge might be, INS tells them to just let them go! A local PD has held 10 of them before, only to be told by INS to cut them loose. Would anyone like to tell me what this is all about?

Now, on top of that, you suggest that illegal aliens, working here without with the sole purpose of taking their money and sending it back to their home origin, thereby draining the nation even further, should be able to unionize? Seems about as screwed up as INS not picking them up and sending them home, but I have to say NO! Lookit, they should be happy they aren't in a jail cell somewhere, waiting to be sent back home.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   

What legal rights, as workers, do illegal aliens have in the US?

If they want legal protection then they should get themselves naturalized and pay taxes like the rest of us. Then they can have all the unions they want.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Illegal workers in the USA have rights

They have the right to be rounded up by INS and deported!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have the right to be illegally employed by US companies needing cheap labor, that they can pay below minnimum wage for. Perpetuating exploitation or the poor by greedy companies.

They have the right to utilize services in the states and yet have put NO taxes into the system, bilking those of us that do as well as people already here of resources.

At least get in line for a green card like everyone else, if you cant or wont become a citizen.!!!

POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.....give me a break and seal the border already.
What about poor USA for being walked all over and ripped off?
If you are doing something illegal, i hope the law catches you.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I just wanted to post on the issue of the topic ( it's stupid ), but was wondering how such a simple subject turned into a multi-pager thread?
We've got some serious Republican Moderator Hormones in Overdrive (RMHO).
Prank, Thomas & Zed: really guys, come on now!!
Suggestion: Scrap the Mud Pit, it was a bad idea to start with & will sink deeper in the toilet the more impassioned poster bleeds into moderator.

On thread:

Good Lord....what was Kill Bill rated? It's a great piece of marketing strategy that Moore has applied: he knew that the screws would be tightened down on this project. So he's put the complicit corporate media & coporate execs into a "Check" mode: they're going to put an artificially high rating on it? More great publicity.

Those taking Moore, a citizen, as hypocritical for being rich & staying on little man issues.......do you also look upon Bush's lip service to Social Programs that he champions ( then does not fund ) in the same light? If no, what's Bush's get-out-of-Hell-card? Because I don't see a difference. I guess by that logic, since I give a damn about my UAW father & all those good people co-workers I grew up with going to BBQ's with as a kid, that because I'm a person with an education & certain income, I'm a hypocrit & should keep my mouth shut?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel But then again this is ATS, look at my signature line to see what we're dealing with
I take extreme personal offense to that statement and would like an apology from you in this thread now.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You know my answer to this before you posed the question.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You really should apologize Colonel at least "Live and let live" you know?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Admit it, 47, you're gonna miss me, eh?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Admit it, 47, you're gonna miss me, eh?

Bout as much as I miss a sunburn that turns into a tan.

EDIT: That makes no sense. Well I might miss the new mudpit threads, but if you keep on waging a war with Admin I cant say that you didnt have it coming.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I got no wars with anyone. Seriously, I got a big smile on my face right now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join