It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens banned from Moore's film

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The repugnants are getting desperate. They are using everything in their power to try to get this filmed banned from the American populace. But, as we all know, this is the dying gasps of evil, in a fight for the truth. The Truth will set us free!

Teens banned from Moore film
From correspondents in New York
14jun04
THE US film ratings board has ruled Michael Moore's controversial Fahrenheit 9/11 film cannot be viewed by people under 17 unless they are accompanied by an adult, sparking an immediate appeal from the distributors.

The explosive documentary, which won the top prize at this year's Cannes Film Festival, denounces the White House's handling of its "war on terror" and the war on Iraq.

The Motion Picture Association of America today said it had given the movie an adult rating because it contained "violent and disturbing images" and strong language.

The film's distributor, Lions Gate Films, immediately filed an emergency appeal to have the rating reviewed. Lions Gate chairman Tom Ortenberg said in a statement the ratings board's decision was "completely unjustified".

Moore noted in the statement that it was "very possible" that many teenagers who were now 15 and 16 would be "recruited to serve in Iraq in the next couple of years".

"If they are old enough to be recruited and capable of being in combat and risking their lives, they certainly deserve the right to see what is going on in Iraq," he said in the statement.

www.thecouriermail.news.com.au...

What Moore said? Too true.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Moore noted in the statement that it was "very possible" that many teenagers who were now 15 and 16 would be "recruited to serve in Iraq in the next couple of years".

"If they are old enough to be recruited and capable of being in combat and risking their lives, they certainly deserve the right to see what is going on in Iraq," he said in the statement.

What Moore said? Too true.

So are you saying that you support the NC-17 rating?

Sounds to me that Moore is saying that once you are old enough to potentially be drafted, then you can see it for yourself.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think that this shouldn't have an NC-17 rating. Didn't Passion of Christ get an "R" ratiing? I know that film was much more violent than this one so, F-9/11 should receive an "R" rating too.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
We all saw things like this coming. There is alot of stuff in that film that was never ment for a large audience, never touched by the media. Moore has had a hard time with this movie and I hope it has the desired effect. People of any age have a right to know what is being done in their countrys name I think. Anyone with common sense will see that what Bush is doing is not good for America, or anyone.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I think that this shouldn't have an NC-17 rating. Didn't Passion of Christ get an "R" ratiing? I know that film was much more violent than this one so, F-9/11 should receive an "R" rating too.

How do you know if it is more violent than the Passion. Have you seen 9/11 yet? Don't you think that you should hold your opinion until you have seen it for yourself?

Using his own words, you would have to be 18 to see it.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'd like to know what portion(s) of the movie called for an R rating. If it's simply because of the 'hard truth', then the rating should be lifted.

Side question: When will I get to see the damn movie?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Good question Bangin. Surely the only parts would be the scenes from Iraq which show violence, yet this is allowed on the news. This is a documentary, shouldn't it be excempt from classification?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

THE US film ratings board has ruled Michael Moore's controversial Fahrenheit 9/11 film cannot be viewed by people under 17 unless they are accompanied by an adult

Under 17 not allowed? Then they would not be influenced by it to vote to get him out of office either. If that is your angle then it is a bit askew.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
I'd like to know what portion(s) of the movie called for an R rating. If it's simply because of the 'hard truth', then the rating should be lifted.

Side question: When will I get to see the damn movie?

It opens June 25. Go to Michael Moore's site to see the theatres that are showing it across the country.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
We all saw things like this coming. There is alot of stuff in that film that was never ment for a large audience, never touched by the media. Moore has had a hard time with this movie and I hope it has the desired effect. People of any age have a right to know what is being done in their countrys name I think. Anyone with common sense will see that what Bush is doing is not good for America, or anyone.

I take back what I said. Let it be PG-13.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

"If they are old enough to be recruited and capable of being in combat and risking their lives, they certainly deserve the right to see what is going on in Iraq," he (Moore) said in the statement.

This statement has no pull at all. I used to be in the military and you should have heard the whine from everyone who wasn't allowed to drink because they were under 21. "We're old enough to die, but we can't drink?" Still, the law is the law, and we shouldn't bend or distort them. Once we start making exceptions, we have to do it for everyone.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I agree with the kids. If you are old enough to die on some god-forsaken desert somewhere, you are old enough to drink a beer.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Man, this is bunk.

If you ask me, any 15 year old that actually WANTS to go see a documentary should be allowed.

I'd say PG-13 is good though, since 9/11 images aren't for everyone.

What was THE PASSION rated, as previously suggested? Or the SouthPark movie for that matter?

I sympathize with Moore not so much as a propagandist trying to get his message to the largest audience, but as a CAPITALIST trying to make a buck. It's summer! Let the kiddies take a break from the fake violence of other movies, TV and video games if they want, and learn about the real violence of the world for a change.

Even if you disagree with Moore, think about the economy.
Every dollar he makes makes Bush look better (in a strange way).

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This movie will be the death knell for the Bush Crime Family. There is nothing they can do to stop it.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

well you cant just go into an army recruitment center at 15 or 16 and get signed up. they'll tell you to enroll in ROTC at their highschool (if their school has one).

so now 15 and 16 year olds arent old enough to go to combat and they arent old enough to see his movie.

boohoo! this isnt the first time a movie has been giving this rating. just another attempt at getting more free publicity for his movies so he can make more money off of more idiots who fall for poor tactics like this one. right colonel?

the same fat guy who has chastized people for doing whatever it takes to make a buck does the same thing himself...
hypocrite! i guess its ok as long as its done his way or coincides with what he thinks. but still ok for one but not others? double standards.

colonel i've seen you make the same "this will be the end of the bush family for sure!" claims before. yet its not happened. hmmm go figure!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They better not make it NC-17!!

Damn, I'm 14, and I wanted to go see it.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This one is it, PM. Bush is hated domestically and internationally. This movie will be the icing on the cake. The kids who are 15-16 may be in Iraq in the next 2-3 years and they SHOULD know what they are getting into so they can tell the recruiter to eff off.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This one is it, PM. Bush is hated domestically and internationally. This movie will be the icing on the cake. The kids who are 15-16 may be in Iraq in the next 2-3 years and they SHOULD know what they are getting into so they can tell the recruiter to eff off.

guess what colonel? by the time they're old enough to go to iraq they'll be old enough to go to walmart and buy his movie out of the $8.99 or less clearance bin along with bowling for columbine (which i where i saw it the last time i went to walmart)

so whats the hype about? that they gave a movie he edited a rating he probably knew full well the movie was going to get? much like he knew disney was going to block the movie but kept filming anyway.

the guy doesnt do anything to "educate" the people, he does things to fatten his wallet. i'm surprised you havent pounded him for that, but then again he isnt a republican therefore he can do no wrong in your eyes.

but going into the military is STILL voluntary so your point is based on something that isnt happening. maybe if they're being drafted i could see this but they arent being drafted.

and nobody knows where we'll be in 2-3 years, we might be out of iraq by then. keyword MIGHT. note the use of this word. it could happen and really none of us know whats going to happen, we're all just guessing.

wanna see dead people? wanna know whats going on? turn on the TV, you can see it all in the news all day for FREE.

and there's the difference, if moore doesnt get as many asses into the seats as possible he loses revenue. this isnt about showing teenagers his movie, this is all about him getting as much revenue as possible.

but it says they are not allowed unless they are with an adult. how many 15 and 16 years old dont have an older sibling? how many dont already know someone who is 17 or older? jesus....

it didnt even get a NC-17 rating so i dont see how this is being censored.

its going to be shown in theaters, that automatically contradicts this notion he's being censored. his movie was still produced, another contradiciton. it only has a R rating, not the NC-17 rating so its not like 15 and 16 year olds cant see it, they just have to talk one of their older friends into going with them. big deal...get over it! or as you once told someone else not long ago, get a life.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

THE US film ratings board has ruled Michael Moore's controversial Fahrenheit 9/11 film cannot be viewed by people under 17 unless they are accompanied by an adult, sparking an immediate appeal from the distributors.

Means the movie's rated R. Im only 12, and have been watching rated R movies since i was 4.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

guess what colonel? by the time they're old enough to go to iraq they'll be old enough to go to walmart and buy his movie out of the $8.99 or less clearance bin along with bowling for columbine (which i where i saw it the last time i went to walmart)

so whats the hype about? that they gave a movie he edited a rating he probably knew full well the movie was going to get? much like he knew disney was going to block the movie but kept filming anyway.

the guy doesnt do anything to "educate" the people, he does things to fatten his wallet. i'm surprised you havent pounded him for that, but then again he isnt a republican therefore he can do no wrong in your eyes.

but going into the military is STILL voluntary so your point is based on something that isnt happening. maybe if they're being drafted i could see this but they arent being drafted.

and nobody knows where we'll be in 2-3 years, we might be out of iraq by then. keyword MIGHT. note the use of this word. it could happen and really none of us know whats going to happen, we're all just guessing.

wanna see dead people? wanna know whats going on? turn on the TV, you can see it all in the news all day for FREE.

and there's the difference, if moore doesnt get as many asses into the seats as possible he loses revenue. this isnt about showing teenagers his movie, this is all about him getting as much revenue as possible.

but it says they are not allowed unless they are with an adult. how many 15 and 16 years old dont have an older sibling? how many dont already know someone who is 17 or older? jesus....

it didnt even get a NC-17 rating so i dont see how this is being censored.

its going to be shown in theaters, that automatically contradicts this notion he's being censored. his movie was still produced, another contradiciton. it only has a R rating, not the NC-17 rating so its not like 15 and 16 year olds cant see it, they just have to talk one of their older friends into going with them. big deal...get over it! or as you once told someone else not long ago, get a life.

NO! YOU GET A LIFE! PEOPLE NEED TO SEE THE FILM NOW B/C IT IS RELEVANT NOW---NOT 3 YEARS FROM NOW.

He does educate people. He exposes the rotten core of politics for all to see---not just as rhetoric. Hell, it won Cannes!

See, its just that you are an automoton for the repugnants so you'll say whatyever they tell you to.

"how many 15 and 16 years old dont have an older sibling? how many dont already know someone who is 17 or older?"

I didn't---no brothers or sisters and it ain't cool to go to the shows with your parents at that age.

"its going to be shown in theaters, that automatically contradicts this notion he's being censored."

Yes, but the repugnants are trying to stop it as ifd y ou didn't knwo but you don't want to admit it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join