It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto police questioned after summit arrests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Toronto police questioned after summit arrests

news.yahoo.com

The Canadian Civil Liberties Association called for a public inquiry Tuesday into security operations at the G-20 and G-8 summits, which resulted in the largest mass arrests in Canadian history and included the use of tear gas and rubber bullets on protesters.

"We have police brutality, illegal searches, arbitrary detentions, people being asked all sorts of questions and being harassed," Nathalie Des Rosiers, general council for the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, said Tuesday. "It's unconstitutional, it's illegal and it should not happen."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It looks like some is still watching out for the little guy.

With Canada calling for this inquiry, either its a sham to make it look like they are worried about peoples rights.

Or they are actually concerned with people's rights and want to try to protect them.

I'm hoping that this is genuine and at least one country around here is willing to stomp out our rights.

What are your thoughts...?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29/6/10 by SkyMarshall]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already covered here my friend

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The stinking police protecting the scum again.

What a surprise.

Police protecting dictators. Not a big surprise.

If they were really there to protect the people, they would have arrested those ``leaders``, bankers and ministers.

ALL OF THEM.

Then the people would have tried them and executed them for their crimes, if proven guilty.

And my uncle is a cop who protected those scum in Montebello last time they went to Canada. I try talking to him, but it's like talking to a wall. Too much brainwashing. Being in the police is like being in the army.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Wow, I searched for this before i posted and didn't find anything.

Remove it please, sorry for the double post.

top topics

join