It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College parking tickets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hello all, I've been fascinated with the whole freeman movement and I thought a good way to start trying to become more sovereign is to battle this parking ticket. I have heard of people requesting a bill signed from 2 parties and for it to be sent within 3 days or it becomes waivered?

It's BS because I parked in a lot at the beginning of summer and there were so many free spaces and of course he gives me a ticket because schools are merely business' and need to take every opportunity to make revenue.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If you don't like it, you are more than welcomed to purchase your own land, build a parking lot and park there. Try to justify your parking however you like, the school has rules that you agreed to follow by attending, and if you had a problem with one of them you should have addressed it before attending.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You may feel it's "BS" but just because you feel the rules are unfair, do not make them so. If you want to fight it - prove it legally that you have the legal right to park on the property without paying and that by receiving the ticket, you were infringed upon. If there is no legal rule that you can fall back on, you are liable. Do some research. Good luck. Remember, just cause you feel put upon, does not make it so.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Money maker or not it's a place you CHOOSE to go to, you aren't being forced to go to that school nor are you being forced to park on their parking lots, you can always take a bus, carpool, or walk.

As a student at my school I have to pay to park just like everyone else. I mean seriously though compared to the classes you are taking a yearly parking permit is pocket change in comparison...

You have NO case here you KNOW there is a fee associated with school parking, you CHOOSE to park there ILLEGALLY, your rights weren't violated.

Now if this post is about some other type of parking violation that you failed to clarify then my apologies.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
How dare that damned man with a badge put a piece of paper on your windshield!!! Doesn't he know it's ok since there's other parking spaces available?? Dude, why don't you park in a handicap spot while you're at it... Just cuz there's other spots open.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Do you really think you deserve a free parking space because you're grossly overcharged for your education and pay tens of thousands of dollars a year in tuition? C'mon get real.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

You mean that grossly over priced school you choose to go to instead of the local technical college that costs $2,000 or less a semester, with plenty of financial aid opportunities available? What planet do some of you live on?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I live on planet X actually and I am in a direct collision course with your watery blue one. OUT OF MY WAY OXYGEN BREATHER!!! MWAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding, but seriously dude, why ddint you just park the next spot over?? Lol.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

You mean that grossly over priced school you choose to go to instead of the local technical college that costs $2,000 or less a semester, with plenty of financial aid opportunities available? What planet do some of you live on?

I'm getting financial aid just like most of other students are. The reason why I think it's BS is because the reason they SHOULD be giving out parking tickets is because there are limited parking spaces and your taking up somebody's spot when they are paying and your not, fair enough. But I paid for both fall and spring parking passes, and before summer school started I had to park there to talk to my teacher and there were empty slots galore. Whatever, I'll pay it, I hate contracts. From now on I'm not signing another piece of paper lol.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I bet you would argue that you shouldn't have received a ticket for parking in a metered lot and not paying the fee too, because there were "plenty of open spots." Bottom line, it is their land, their parking lot, their rules.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I once received a ticket on from the University police for not wearing my seat belt while driving on campus. I chose not to pay it, thinking "what authority do they have". Well, it turns out that the university police are a state sanctioned law enforcement organization. I got pulled over a couple years later in another city and, during that traffic stop, I discovered that I had a warrant for that ticket.

Of course, parking it totally different (I would guess), since the parking lot is private property. I'm only saying....be weary.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Aggie Man]

new topics

top topics

join