It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation Sharing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I would like to start up a thread to share your different meditation techniques that you have. They can be your own, or from another website. They can be used to induce anything, even nightmares, paranormal activity, etc.

I'll start:

ONE

Use a natural breathing rhythm, concentrating on breathing deep into the lower abdomen. Focus your eyes (open) on a point directly in front of you and at eye level. Do not look up or down the distance between you and the object your are looking at should be around 6 feet. This step should last 3 to 5 minutes.

TWO

Keep breathing naturally , but now shift your eyes to a point on a 45 degree angle down in front of your at a distance of around 3 feet. This step should last 3 to 5 minutes.

THREE

Continue natural breathing while shifting and fixing the eyes to a point directly between your feet , only tilt your head slightly its your eyes that should be looking between your feet. This step should last 3 to 5 minutes.

FOUR Continue natural breathing, now bring the eyes together and focus on a point on the tip of your nose , the aim is to get the eyes look at the same unified point. Looking at your nose can make your eyes hurt sometimes so move them out if you feel uncomfortable and focus on something close (even sit closer to a wall). This step should last 3 to 5 minutes.

FIVE Allow your eyes to close, still maintaining your closed eyes on the position at the tip of your nose. Continue breathing naturally and feel the air enter the nose and descend into your lower abdomen. The air should feel cool as you inhale and warm as you exhale. This step should last 3 to 5 minutes.

SIX Continue natural breathing rhythm and listen to the sound of the air as it flows in and out. This step should last 3 to 5 minutes.

SEVEN Continue breathing and shift your concentration to your lower abdomen as you breath in and out. Now with your eyes still closed imagine as if you are looking into your abdomen.

Now change your breathing to follow this pattern, breathing in a three, three, six pattern, inhale for 3 counts (follow heartbeat rhythm), stop breathing for 3 counts, and then exhale for six counts.

We are coming close to the end now, keep still and do not move to avoid scattering the chi energy that you have worked hard to build up. Now imagine the impurities from your body leaving you as you exhale through your mouth. Now before opening your eyes, rub your palms together counter clockwise and place them over you yes.

Inhale naturally, absorbing the warmth into the eyes and then bring your hand down to your lower abdomen. Do this three times and then open your eyes slowly. Wait for the body to cool down before moving. That’s it , meditating daily can bring your health and unify your body and mind. Good luck all

hubpages.com...

I'm researching different styles of meditation, so I will post more as I find them. You are more than welcome to share your own experiences, styles, or urls.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So no one has any meditation styles?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hey I got some for you...

Sit down on grass, barefoot. Imagine you are a tree and soaking up nutrients from the ground. This one works great for me.

Also, hanging out with trees, and being a tree is a great experience as well.

I will add more when I am in a more typey type of mood.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
neave.com/imagination

Play with this before bed when you are sleepy. Then go to sleep but keep playing it in your mind.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
neave.com/imagination

Play with this before bed when you are sleepy. Then go to sleep but keep playing it in your mind.

Awesome little game. I wonder how it will effect my dreams?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
neave.com/imagination

Woah. Very cool, thanks.

For some reason I pictured myself as creating corexit art in an oily volcano, though. That says more about the current morbid state of my imagination than it does about your nifty link, though.

top topics

join