It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers to priests abuse scandals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I just had an amazing vision this morning about what is going on within the church and why.

It is definately GOD's hand at work and let me show you why.

A. the current "church" makes millions of dollars and hoardes money from its "flock" to do with as it pleases. At the soul benefit of the "church leaders".

B. the hoarding of money is not something that GOD intended the chruch to do.

C. flagrant disobeidence by the "church" has opened them up to scandal.

D. GOD allowed theses "priests" to be tempted into showing their true hearts, (evil ways, lust, temptation, seduction, sodomy etc) and the priests took advantage of their positions in the "church" to commit these acts.

E. as retrebution GOD is allowing the money to be returned back to the common folk, allbeit to the ones that were abused by the priests. But the money is now being reveresed from the "church" coffers back to the people were it belonged (although re-distributed).

F. this reversal of funds will create hardship on most "church" groups and may eventually weed out the bad from the good.

G. GOD may be hoping that people will turn their hearts to him, instead of the priest at the podium on sunday morning.

Everything in this world has been manipulated by GOD in someway, whether as a result of man's own inability to dicern from right and wrong and drawing GOD into forming the consequences of man's actions in the world.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
As an atheist, I don't believe God has anything to do with any of this anyway and believe organized religion is basically made up of loosely connected corportations. However, even if God doesn't exist, the abuse is real and must be addressed on a secular level somehow. I'd hate to think God would let hundreds of members of his flock be raped as children just to make a financial point.

www.cnn.com...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Less than a week after discussing the church's sexual abuse scandal with Pope John Paul II, U.S. Roman Catholic cardinals Sunday defended their decision not to adopt a "zero tolerance" policy against priests accused of abusing minors.

At the close of the Vatican meeting Tuesday, U.S. church leaders issued a communique that condemned such abuse. But the statement fell short of instituting a policy to remove men from the priesthood for a single instance of sexual abuse involving a minor.

"'Zero tolerance' is not our term; it's a term that's been given us, and, therefore, if you don't meet it, somehow you've failed," Cardinal Francis George, the archbishop of Chicago, told NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday. "Zero tolerance in the sense that ... any possible kind of offense of this nature means ... you're ejected from the priesthood? There has to be some discussion."

new topics

join