It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices in my head that aren't mine right before i go to sleep. Could someone help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have read an article about someone who went blind, but instead of seeing blackness, they saw lots of dots of colors. The dots of colors obscured everything to the point that they could not see anything. The dots of colors were not related to an eye problem. There was some neurological reason for it, but I don't think they could do anything about it. That has to be really annoying.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
reply to post by snowspirit

Probably the most notable time it happened, I was very close to being asleep and then I thought of someone and it seemed as there were to woman behind me saying bad things about this person and laughing at me then I felt this pressure on my face and after this I got this feeling of someone standing to the side of my bed glaring at me.

That would have been very unnerving. I sleep with my 3 dogs surrounding the bed, so if I hear weird stuff before going to sleep, I still feel safe. Without them there, I would get creeped out easily. I spent my childhood afraid of the dark, and when I was little, my stuffed animals were my protectors. Now I have big, real protectors.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I too here strange voices before I fall asleep.

It is usually George Noory and he is talking to a guest on his radio show.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm diagnosed as schizophrenic. Anytime I haven't had enough rest I start to hear voices both inside my head and what seems like audibly externally. I'm not suggesting that you're schizophrenic as I doubt it, but sometimes its subtle hints as these that can one day break lose into a full blown episode.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
edit to delete because i posted this in the wrong thread im sry op
~meathead

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is actually normal. It means your overtired. I usually hear a loved one yelling my name. It occurs in that state between awake and sleep, when your mind dives in too fast from exhaustion.

Your brain is going through the sleep stages faster then your senses can shut down. It is like lucid dream.

Quite common.

hypnagogia

Sorry, didn't see all the posts. Jess got it!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There's a somewhat common thing where you "hear" voices in white noise - it's the ear's version of pareidolia.

If you've got a fan going, or a white noise machine, or the central air, as you sort of start opening your filters as you start to go to sleep, your ears can start trying to piece patterns out of random noise.

When I do it, it sounds like a conversation in the next room that I can't quite hear. I used to do it a lot as a kid, sometimes to the point that I'd have to get up and prowl the house looking to see who was up. It's a facet of your hearing using stochastic filtering.

Sometimes, too, when I'm about half asleep, the rational parts of my head start shutting down and I'll start hearing data traffic between the still active parts of my mind - I'd guess it's akin to what schizophrenics hear, in the small. It sounds like a conversation between me and me. Sometimes it's enlightening, I can't keep "tuned in" for long though.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by redgy

I will hopefully i get some good answers.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

Hi there.

When you are lying down and drifting to sleep, this is the time when your brain waves leave the beta state, and enter the alpha brain. (Normal waking state is beta.) Research those different brain states (beta, alpha, theta and delta), and you'll see that this is a common phenomenon.

When the conscious mind goes to sleep, the subconscious mind comes to the surface, lots of interesting things happen!

Your brain is probably "reviewing" the events of the day....and just beginning to process things, now that your conscious mind is going to sleep. Or, it may be that you're slipping into a theta state (the normal dreaming state) rather quickly, too. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it, since it only happens as you are drifting off to sleep, and this is pretty normal.

Here's an interesting idea: keep a dream journal. See what types of things you're dreaming about. The voices you hear could be messages trying to come to you through your dreams. Once you understand what your dreams are trying to tell you, the dreams often change.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by nikiano]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
As other have already stated, this is a very normal occurrence.

Our minds do not shut down just because we are prepared and desire to sleep. In fact the more you try to quiet your mind the more likely you are to hear the voices.

When you focus on an idea or a problem the voices have more difficulty getting through. A blank mind allows you brain to go into a free-wheeling state.

Often the things you see or hear will not be things that you recognize and this too is not uncommon because your brain is just responding to all of the data that it has had to deal with throughout your day.

Consider it as if your brain is doing a defrag and a reboot.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Here's an interesting idea: keep a dream journal. See what types of things you're dreaming about. The voices you hear could be messages trying to come to you through your dreams. Once you understand what your dreams are trying to tell you, the dreams often change.

To do that you have to remember a dream!

I astounds me how many times I read on ATS about people who don't just get into bed and go to sleep - 90 seconds MAX.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by America?
First off i'm not schizophrenic or have any mental condition that I know of. Almost 2 to 3 minutes before i'm about to fall asleep I hear these voices saying random things and sometimes talking about something I thought, but this isn't my "voice" or me thinking it is someone or something else. I'm not exactly hearing these voices they are inside my head like i'm thinking to myself, but i'm not. I don't remember what they were saying after I wake up because I'm just about to sleep and somewhat delurious. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but i'm just curious as to what it could be.

If it's a voice repeating random stuff or just repeating something that you're thinking, then from my experience that's alien-related stuff. Like some kind of "psychic" in your head waiting until you're about to go to sleep, and then doing something.

As long as they're not really intent on driving you crazy, then you shouldn't have much to worry about. Otherwise, it'll probably gradually introduce alot more than just "voices" in the head just before you go to sleep. They also like to give very vivid dreams that feel real.

As long as you don't notice any very human-looking "agents" chasing you around town, then you probably shouldn't worry about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
My mind playing tricks on me.

Very rarely just before I'm about to fade off sleeping, the whole bed supporting me suddenly disappears and I'm falling down from somewhere high up, completely helpless.

It's very vidid and doesn't feel like more then 1-3 seconds, but it sure gives you a jolt.

The more you think about these things, the worse they get imo.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
its your subconcious are you stressed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join