It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices in my head that aren't mine right before i go to sleep. Could someone help?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
First off i'm not schizophrenic or have any mental condition that I know of. Almost 2 to 3 minutes before i'm about to fall asleep I hear these voices saying random things and sometimes talking about something I thought, but this isn't my "voice" or me thinking it is someone or something else. I'm not exactly hearing these voices they are inside my head like i'm thinking to myself, but i'm not. I don't remember what they were saying after I wake up because I'm just about to sleep and somewhat delurious. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but i'm just curious as to what it could be.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You are not very active during the day... Find a way to do some hard labor starting in the morning and continue this hard labor until 5:00 pm.

Do this and call me in the morning... I'm sure those voices won't be there.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

Could it be like a song that you can't get out of your head? When I get a song stuck in my head it seems very hard to get it out and it seems like you can't control it. Maybe the voices you hear is something your mind is trying to work out, and for some reason you are hearing your mind at work?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

It is called Hypnagogia. It is completely normal. It is just your brain firing off random bits of information before you go into a dream.

If you can just stay in this state, through meditation, it gets pretty weird. Then you go into a lucid dream.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
You are not very active during the day... Find a way to do some hard labor starting in the morning and continue this hard labor until 5:00 pm.

Do this and call me in the morning... I'm sure those voices won't be there.

As a T.V. doctor, I agree with Doomsday 2029's prescribed hard labor. I have some work for you up in Canada if your looking for hard labor.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

I think I am already somewhat lucid dreaming. 3 days ago I had a dream where I was sitting in my vehicle in someones driving just watching what they were doing, but in this dream I was thinking to myself why am I still sitting here because it was kind of awkward and I just wouldn't do that in reality, but strangely I couldn't leave.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Could be starting to dream before you are really asleep.

Either that or you are tuning into that world around us that we don't see
I would start trying to listen. Just out of curiosity.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
en.wikipedia.org...

It is called Hypnagogia. It is completely normal. It is just your brain firing off random bits of information before you go into a dream.

If you can just stay in this state, through meditation, it gets pretty weird. Then you go into a lucid dream.

i have terrible sleeping patterns and I get this occasionaly - it usually leads to sleep paralysis.

Without sounding too insane, i sometimes get 'playbacks' of conversations, like distant sounds and voices. At first i thought i was schizophrenic, or was having a stroke - but i've begun to embrace the sleep paralysis as a new experience.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I hear them too sometimes I think they are my spirit guides. But I dont know what it is, maybe its our brain short circuiting because were going to sleep???

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
there was actually a thread on here about this before. I have had this happen too.

maybe one of those ATS snobs who like to come in a thread and link it will be able to find the old thread. There were some interesting theories if I recall correctly

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
neurology.health-cares.net...

This link might explain more.

Best wishes

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thanks!! I have now got the reason why I hear it too. But I didnt think that much about it. Its not everyday, but sometimes. It is in the state where I'm nearly falling total asleep. But the voices can give me a shok sometimes! lol. Didnt think about it before now.

If it is the same thing ofc...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

She put the lime in the coconut, she drank 'em both up
Put the lime in the coconut, she called the doctor, woke him up, and said

Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take, I said
Doctor, to relieve this bellyache, I said
Now let me get this straight

You put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em both up (3x)
Put the lime in the coconut, you're such a silly woman

Put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em both together
Put the lime in the coconut, then you feel better
Put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em both down
Put the lime in the coconut, and call me in the morning

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well before I go into a dream, I just kind of look into the blackness of my mind. After a while, it isn't so black and I start seeing little pulses of color. At first it is really dull, like gray or purple colors. Then if I don't just go to sleep, it will get more vivid.

neave.com/imagination is a good example of what I kind of see.

For a while it is just color, but eventually I start to hear music and instead of blackness, I start seeing the dream forming around me. Sometimes I find myself in my childhood home or sometimes I find myself driving or walking in the woods. Sometimes I find myself in a place that isn't very familiar to me.

Many times in a dream I don't really realize I am dreaming. Everything is sort of weird, and I am reacting to what is happening, but I am not really aware that I am dreaming. When I become aware of it, the awareness of this alone is usually enough to make me wake up. It is hard for me to dream, be aware of it, and stay there while at the same time, making a change to the dream. Usually when I am dreaming and know it, I just fly around and enjoy looking around at everything. I know there is so much more I could do with it, but I can never quite remind myself of that at the time.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Probably the most notable time it happened, I was very close to being asleep and then I thought of someone and it seemed as there were to woman behind me saying bad things about this person and laughing at me then I felt this pressure on my face and after this I got this feeling of someone standing to the side of my bed glaring at me.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

She put the lime in the coconut, she drank 'em both up
Put the lime in the coconut, she called the doctor, woke him up, and said

Doctor, to relieve this bellyache, I said
Now let me get this straight

You put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em both up (3x)
Put the lime in the coconut, you're such a silly woman

Put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em both together
Put the lime in the coconut, then you feel better
Put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em both down
Put the lime in the coconut, and call me in the morning

Wow.. I guess there is a hidden message somewhere??

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This happens to me occasionally, but it used to happen nearly every night. Most of the time it was gibberish and the words would often sort of increase in volume sharply and randomly, like they were shocking me or something. Now I just lucid dream every other night. I too am under the impression that it is Hypnagogia. These experiences were never negative, in fact they were quite neutral. Just figured my brain was unconsciously processing information.

I also get migraines with auras. Talk about annoying!

Occasionally I will see as many as 10 bright flashing red dots that appear for a minute and disappear, though this usually happens when I am light headed, but sometimes it comes out of nowhere. I used to think this was an eye problem until I saw a optometrist who said it was a stress related issue. She also informed me that I was far sided in one eye and near sided in another.

Got loads of floaters...

Easily explainable mental phenomenon.

But I have one where it is almost like everything has superimposed colorful dots. These dots look like atoms, or like some colorful static. It poses no problem to me unless I focus on it. I don't notice it at all until I think about it. I think it is maybe something like an entropic phenomenon, but I have idea. It poses no problem. Does anyone have this too?

[edit on 29-6-2010 by SubPop79]

[edit on 29-6-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
maybe it's the first inklings to having some form of telepathic communication to other beings, wether they be human, or of spirtual energy. try asking the voices some questions and see if any answers are forthcoming. sleep well.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

no you take the voices too seriously.
it is an old song from 1969
nielson sang it.

look at your avatar and there find the reason you hear voices.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by slugger9787]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by ypperst

no you take the voices too seriously.
it is an old song from 1969
nielson sang it.

look at your avatar and there find the reason you hear voices.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by slugger9787]

Ah, so it is something you hear, or just wanted to sing it through text??

Haha, dont worry about my avatar. Its just a picture of someone who drew cats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join