It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea warns accident during exercise could start war

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

N.Korea warns accident during exercise could start war

www.google.com

North Korea warned Tuesday that any accidental clash during an upcoming US-South Korea naval exercise could spark war, as tensions remained high over the sinking of a South Korean warship.

Minju Josun, the cabinet's official daily, accused the South and its US ally of "fabricating" facts about the sinking to incite a war against the communist state.

"It is as clear as day that a small accident that might occur during the joint military exercise would easily spread to an armed clash and ventually, to an all-out war," it said, slamming the planned drill as provocative and dangerous.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Is N. Korea worried about a false flag here? Sure sounds like it to me. All these drills during time of geopolitical unrest are odd to me anyway. Are they cleverly disguised ways of maneuvering the military to provide subtle reminders of power? Or sometimes, as N. Korea seems to be indicating here, a set up for a false flag. In either case, don't they have a point here? When tensions are high...

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related: NKorea: G-8 'evil' for criticism over ship sinking

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The first sinking failed to spark war, so it looks like the US/SK will try again. Just how close to the divide between North and South are these exercises taking place?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Isn't North Korea giving out warnings like this once a week now? Par for the course.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
the US might try to win the korean war at last....hmm wishfull thinking?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

All the "players" do. What's your point exactly? What do you think their reasons might be for doing so?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

That would be terrible. All outside parties need to step away and allow the two Koreas to solve this themselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ole North Korea up to no good as usual!

I love the way they asked for trillions of dollars in reparations around the same time China officially changed their historical documents to suggest that North Korean aggression started the war. Good to know your allies have your back.

I will be surprised if one week goes past and they haven't threatened someone.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah yeah yeah..

Moan moan, bitch bitch..

I'm so tired of hearing of Lil' Kim's warnings of war.

Bloody wanker.

Nothing is going to come from North Korea...

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If anyone sneeze it will start war! If you say NK evil, it will start war! If you say NK bad it will start war!
They do these exercises like this as a more literal chest thumping in relation to whoever wants to talk crap...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

These things come in cycles. "I warn you!" "I warn you back!" "You're evil." "No you're evil!" It gets tedious but it's interesting to keep track of and analyze in respect to what else is going on geopolitically and militaristically at the time.

It always seems that when the war drums against Iran start beating, we can count on hearing from N. Korea and Venezuela, and chances are something will be going on there too.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If they are aware of a pending exercise, which apparently they are, then all the more reason to be more careful, yes? ....As in, make sure you know what you are doing before you engage in such a (fatal) mistake?

The poor old thing is so paranoid, albeit may be with some justification, I can see him commencing a full fledge war if he hears a firecracker pop near his border.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Leave koreas alone. Everyone should sort their own nation out, and not be sorting others out. Israel is bought by USA to do their dirty work over there, and s korea is bought to do over there.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

They do these exercises like this as a more literal chest thumping

Actually, I wish the US and SK would forego these military exercises for the moment. Tensions are very high, and NK is as trigger-happy as ever.

For whatever Kim might deserve, the citizens of NK are at stake, and we know they have no real idea of what is happening as they are continually fed lies and misinformation, if any information is given to them at all.

Plus the lives of SKoreans are also jeopardized and placed in harms way.

I wish we would let things cool down some, before making any move they might perceive as provacative.

We could try to de-escalate tensions, rather than increasing them.

Yes, yes, peace and love and all that stuff.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I hate warmongers. The US are warmongers. They have some sick game going on on the Korean peninsula, they control SK like puppets, and in return for their obedience they have become successful. NK on the contrary has suffered at great punishment, at the hands of a nasty little (most likely US sponsored) dictator.

Maybe its possible that these warnings are a communication with the outside world, to let us know whats going on, and they are being spun by our biased media? I mean why should we completely reject the NK claims that there is foul play? Thats just ignorant, especially considering the track record of the US and its allies.

"It is as clear as day that a small accident that might occur during the joint military exercise would easily spread to an armed clash and eventually, to an all-out war," it said, slamming the planned drill as provocative and dangerous.

He's right! I think he's scared of a false-flag attack happening, and he is saying this in order to awaken us to the possibility of it being reality, maybe even with the intention of disrupting it/preventing it.

"If the US imperialists, gripped by their pipe dream of invading the North, ignite a new war on the Korean peninsula, our military and the people will wipe out not only the invaders but their strongholds as well and achieve a final triumph," the daily said.

Why is he not allowed to say this? The US want to invade them. He has every right to defend himself. He's just warning the US if they invade, there will be hell. Im sure you'd want to say the same thing to any enemy invading your country wouldnt you?

While NK may have a bad reputation, I wouldn't take the media's portrayal as truth. Deception is everywhere.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

small accident

I wonder what would be considered a small accident?

Kimmy and his small man syndrome, like the little dog barkin at the big dogs in the dog park.

U.S. should just send George W. over there, and have him play Kim in poker, billiards, bowling, 1 round of golf, and if it is tied after that, set em up on the American Gladiators Eliminator course from the 90s.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
WWIII just around the corner? Seems everyone is on the brink of going to war.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Minju Josun, the cabinet's official daily, accused the South and its US ally of "fabricating" facts about the sinking to incite a war against the communist state.

"It is as clear as day that a small accident that might occur during the joint military exercise would easily spread to an armed clash and eventually, to an all-out war," it said, slamming the planned drill as provocative and dangerous.

For all those that don't remember, remember the "Gulf Of Tonkin Incident"?

All it takes is alleged 'undeniable' proof, and you can spin anything the way you want to. The only reason we don't have war now on the Korean peninsula, is that China knows a war is bad for business, and that the sinking of the Cheonan wasn't clear cut enough.

China wont get involved, because their economy is on a knife-edge - and the only thing powerful enough to unseat the Chinese government would be a revolution of the workers.

Secondly, the Cheonan incident was too convoluted, was too 'soft' in it's shock and awe impact. Before 9/11, we had the FBI sponsored Egyptian demolitions expert bombing the Twin Towers - the effect was not dramatic enough - neither was the Oklahoma bombing - it took flying planes into the twin towers for the people with the false flag agenda to succeed. I think whatever happens next in Korea will be drastic, or just another stepping stone to the 'third strike' scenario.

Either way, I think some form of fight is on the cards. The False Flaggers wish it so.

Parallex.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just so were clear

The White House has said it would prefer South Korea to take the initiative in deciding a response to the Cheonan sinking.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Sadly, there are those who still think and breathe as though we are still living in the 90's. So assuming that S. Korea is able to take the initiative, who is going to support them on a military scale....the U.S. , i don't think so, well as far as going head to head with military alliances, we don't see any or should i say, that there are no indications that the U.S. will throw several hundred thousand foot soldiers for the sake of politics let alone a hypothetical scenario that can very well escalate to a full blown exchange of casualties. Neither nation as stated is ready or willing to accept such losses unless directly acted upon. So as for S.Korea, well...i guess its time to either bite the bullet or simply chill out about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish Lil' Kim would just go off the deep end already and launch every nuke he had at all his neighbors. Total blaze of glory. Full nuclear assault.

I know it would be a horrible end to many people's lives, but as long as I don't get hurt, who cares?!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join