It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't want to believe in time travel.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by 11:11

That is one of my favorite videos. It has been around a long time (before YouTube). But it still is something i watch occasionally so as to not forget it.

Time, in the explanation in that video, can be viewed as a 3 dimensional existence of which we only interact with 2 dimensions (moving in 1 direction on a line). If it were 3-d for us, we could choose to go to a time, just like we go to a place. We would only be confined by distance. a 4-d time would make distance a moot issue.
I don't think we interact with 2 dimensions of time. Quite frankly, I don't even think we interact with one.
1D=Back and Forth
2D=1D+Left And Right
3D=2D+Up and Down
4D=3D+Time and Anti-Time
We can only move forward in time.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by technical difficulties]

1D = left to right
2D = up and down
3D = forward and backward
4D = tetraspace..."in" and "out", if you ascribe to tetraspace theories.

Time is not spatial. It is a result of the progression of changes of state. something cannot interact with something else unless it is allowed to change state. This is what results in time. It has nothing to do with spatial dimensions.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 11:11

if we could time travel into the past, and if we currently are, and change events as we like then i don't think it really matters. there's a book i read a while ago, i forget the name, and in it the a government official reveals to a group of reporters that time travel is possible and that it has been done. as the official tells the reporters of this landmark discovery, and how it works, every human present begins to change shape, becoming giant purple blobs. no one noticed anything because their memory altered with the change. this is generally how i pictured it to happen. if this idea happens to be true, we'd never know. if someone were to find out that someone was continuously altering our current reality, where would we begin to straighten out? if our memory changes, does the person who changed reality forget what he or she has changed as well? if we were to store the information of what we changed, does it alter?

and if there happens to be multiple realities, could we change the current reality or some other reality? who knows! it'd be great if these theories were actually proven sometime during my lifetime, and yours, and everybody's. but until then, there's no need to worry about it. we'll unconsciously go with the flow.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join