It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Florida officers die after traffic-stop shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
Two down, how many more left?

When these police officers who "Serve and Protect" come crashing through your door, sorry "knocking on your door" to enforce your protection by placing you into a FEMA camp while confiscating all your gold, jewellery and money, "For your own protection from thieves". Just remember your soft hearted "Poor little mights" for the people that do these sorts of things:

Right. And when someone breaks into your house, rapes your daughter, tortures your son to death, what then? I'll be willing to bet you'd be the first to start screaming, "Where are the cops?" just before the criminals put a bullet in your brain.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

When these police officers who "Serve and Protect" come crashing through your door, sorry "knocking on your door" to enforce your protection by placing you into a FEMA camp while confiscating all your gold, jewellery and money, "For your own protection from thieves". Just remember your soft hearted "Poor little mights" for the people that do these sorts of things:

Right. And when someone breaks into your house, rapes your daughter, tortures your son to death, what then? I'll be willing to bet you'd be the first to start screaming, "Where are the cops?" just before the criminals put a bullet in your brain.

Have you ever heard of the cops saving anybody in a situation like this? Honestly? They come in after the fact, they investigate, they try to catch the perpetrators and stop it from happening again, but they don't burst in like the Lone Ranger and demand, "Hands off of that woman!"

I like the cops. I really do. I have a lot of friends from FBI, DEA, Police Chiefs, right down to Rookie Deputy Sheriffs. They will be the first to tell you that they are not your first line of defense. If they come busting in your door, it will be to arrest you not save you!

I have a short barrell, double pistol grip 12 guage Mossberg, with a thumb activated 500,000 candle power xenon light, heat shield, and 6 round tube for the rapists and stranglers, LOL!
"Frank," he sits right next to my bed, and I have used him as a flashlight on many occasions! Raccoons don't even like him! You come into a dark house and I hit the light on Frank, and you here that distinctive 'pump-action' shotgun sound, and I guarantee bowel movements 100% of the time! I tested it on my brother, and it worked!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

And when armed intruders break into your home, tie you up, rape your wife, sexually abuse your child and beat the living crap out of you....

Well at least the cops will care for you, because after your post you have lost any shard of respect that myself and many other members had for you...

Sometimes I really hope people like you do go through something terrible like this, and then you might actually admit that there are good cops out there....

Denying ignorance indeed

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

no trigger discipline and dangerous cops

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by airborne82ndscout

Eh, that's nothing.

I remember reading a story years back about two cops that fired on a guy. Dude drops, they call the ambulance, and they haul him away.

Chief asks the cops how many times they fired. One said about three, the other four.

Chief said they were mistaken, and that they'd counted something like 24+ holes in the building and nearby cars.

Suspect had a heart attack. That's why he dropped!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheChemist187
Actually, I did go to far. I was upset and do not know what I was thinking. I do not wish death to honest and good officers. I was being stupid and selfish. I apologize to all and especially the OP.

It was childish of me to say that, and did not think my words through.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by TheChemist187]

No. You can't take back an asinine post like that. Sorry. It shows what kind of character you have.

Very disappointed.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

nice video cops kill more then they are killed

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

You must love being a keyboard warrior your self? Able to sit in your comfortable chair and attack anyone that has a different view to yourself. I myself spend my days helping people who have had their lives destroyed by people stealing their entire life savings in property scams as well as being wrongfully arrested, harassed and of course wrongfully imprisoned by corrupt POLICE OFFICERS.

I do this in Central America which is to say "DANGEROUS"

I know good police officers and bad officer, what they all have in common is that they always believe they have right on their side. With a criminal they know they are doing wrong so you can put things in place to fight them. When you have a police officer who is a total SCUMBAG and believes that he has GOD on his side, well, then you are fighting half of a deluded country.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by theregonnakillme]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
[edit on 1-7-2010 by theregonnakillme]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

Actually we got robbed, two men one with shotgun one with semi-auto, this i know as he shot the house up. Called cops they arrived 35 minutes after the guys left.

have a friend who was in his house with family, 1am 3 men break in tape them up slapped the wife about, robed them and ran off. One of the f*cking idiots poured himself a vodka as he was leaving right in front of the husband, so they were able to get DNA, guess what...... he was a F*CKING cop!

Get off your high horse, if police want to be thanked and respected they have to earn it, which means that they do not get involved in beating the SH*T out of protesters at the G20 in Toronto, raping children, tazzering 86 year old, robbing people homes do I really have to go on?

I believe in having the right to bear arms, I keep them in the house and if any of the F*CKTARDS come into my house now, they DIE! and any namby Pamby do gooders who suck cop A** will get half a pound a lead also!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

true that 100% great point

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

reply to post by signal2noise

Actually we got robbed, two men one with shotgun one with semi-auto, this i know as he shot the house up. Called cops they arrived 35 minutes after the guys left.

have a friend who was in his house with family, 1am 3 men break in tape them up slapped the wife about, robed them and ran off. One of the f*cking idiots poured himself a vodka as he was leaving right in front of the husband, so they were able to get DNA, guess what...... he was a F*CKING cop!

You know...

This is what I really do not get about you cop haters. Everytime some news agency says a cop did this or a cop did that, you guys jump all over police officers in general. Just because some bad apple of a cop breaks into someone's house doesn't mean that all of them do it. Just because some gun ho cop tases a person, it doesn't mean that all of them do it. Out of the many taser videos on Youtube. Did it ever become clear to you that ninety nine percent of the persons in those videos committed some kind of action that called for them to be tased.

I have heard quite a few stories of where police officers have pulled people out from bad wrecks. I have also heard a few of where people have been pulled to safety from burning buildings because they were first on the scene. These are the cops that willfully put their lives on the line everyday to both mine and your carcasess safe from trouble.

As for police officers having to gain the respect of the people they are SWORN to protect. Police officers already have my respect and the respect our fellow residents. If that wasn't or has never been the case. Then why did nearly 5,000 people line the route that the funeral processsion was going to take?? That tells me people were doing that as a sign of respect to the fallen officer.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
As I said in another post on this thread, some of the posts here make me ill.

Seriously, the complete lack of empathy for another human being regardless of their job, sex, race, religion, or what have you is disgusting beyond belief. Just because one person in a group is bad does not mean the others are. I would wager that there might be a few bad apples in the precinct in my town, but I know for fact there are some good ones as well.

No one here knew those cops and yet you hate and spew venom on them and their families without pause. Utterly disgusting to think there are those who hate someone without knowing them or anything about them.

It does not matter what I say or what others might say. We could even bring in evidence that these cops were very good and doing an excellent job, yet it seems many would just hate to hate.

I feel sorry for the future of the world due to this type of person more than any other.

Raist

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Come on people use your head what’s wrong with you. What if Dantee Moore didn’t shoot both police what if someone came up from behind and shot them. Innocent till trial. You want the police to start going around and exact revenge in a death squad are you sure that’s what you want. Because anyone else guilty or not is next. It is very sad and tragic that these two lost their lives but it never justifies this response or killing. The cops don’t care when one of us is killed but when one of them is killed they go into massive man hunts. They should treat every murder this way, no ones life is above another and cops are just people, good one and bad, good at their jobs and bad, fat and skinny. Shaved head military want-to-be and clean cut. A friend to the public or one that sees everyone as bad and it’s the cops vs. the public.

The police didn’t care about these other so called murders weeks ago and all of a sudden conveniently they link Dantee morris to where is the proof of 5 murders, please the cops are demonize P.R. him. you people are sick take him alive worship and follow the law. the police are not a kill squad, Grady Judd was was wrong with the ran out bullets. This is very dangerous and is not law enforcement.

Remember the police punching the girl in Seattle not all cops are good cops they are average people with the same flaws as all of us. Nothing about cops is any special then us. They do a job that needs to be done but how that job is done has to be in the letter and worship and restricted by law. The police even have to protect you from themselves.

The law protects us all equal application and protection of the law. The cops must be bound and shackled and restricted b the law for all our protection.

The Mayor and Police Chief need to stop this accusatory rhetoric and BS tough talk and threats to the community if their harboring him. Most likely he is hiding on his own and no one is helping him the cops are foolish and arrogant to believe just because they cant find him someone is helping him. They said the same about Erik Rudolph but he was on his own when the found him no one helped him.

The cops are in my opinion are doing this search without warrants kicking down doors busting in on residents and kicking families out of the housing projects for hours while they search for him. Just because the residents live in public housing they shouldn’t be treated this way. Is this legal?

Now legal issues, police from other agencies and districts operating out of their district is this legal? Police are working extreme overtime, ( pilots and CDL drivers are not allowed to work that long with out mandatory rest) police are on edge getting no sleep. This is very dangerous heavily armed groups of police operating on little or no sleep acting on tips and marinating such a high level of guard and on edge. This is a dangerous mix and could lead to a fatal error for an innocent person or a police officer.

How can the police treat these people so bad and shaking them down and trying to force them to give info or cooperation but no one is helping Dantee Morris. The black people know their history with the police and know that police will full Dante Morris full of bullets and then state that’s all the bullets they had.

What if they make a mistake and shoot the wrong guy? The media is playing all this way to much with the sad piano music and their BS reporting just report the news.
People justice is blind and the law is a two edged sword and it protects us all even Dante Morris. He should be tried and if convicted given the death penalty, whether we like it or not we have to honor the law first, forever and completely.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The suspect turned himself in on his own.

Tampa police acting like they did it but that the cops did nothing it had no bearing he simply turned himself in and no one was helping him

the public is safe not from the suspect but from the jacked up cops kicking in doors with going 4 days no sleep in packs of death squads.

really bad police response.

shame on police

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Not Even Worthy Of A Reply...Sad Little Person

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Starred your post. You can't reason with the badge kissers. These are the same cowards that kissed the behinds of the bullies in school, hoping that the bully wouldn't turn on them.

No amount of evidence to the contrary will convince the badge kissing group here that the "hallowed cop" is any less than a saint.

Still your examples show that at least some of the people on ATS are conscious.

..Ex

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
And you can't reason with the cop-haters. I'm the one that posted the "Appeal from a Cop" thread awhile back. After seeing the response from that thread, I realized that there are a lot of good, sensible people here on these boards that understand the reality of law enforcement. I also realized that, no matter how many of those good members there are, they will always be drowned out by the screaming hate of the small minority that can't stand cops.

I have refrained from posting after that thread because I really don't have the patience to try to partake in a sensible discussion only to have it completely derailed by hate-filled, off the topic rhetoric. I have a lot of opinions about a lot of the LE topics here, but I simply don't care to jump in only to have to defend every single instance of bad police work that has ever gone down in history.

Back on topic, this scenario is always tragic. As many have pointed out, these two officers were real people with real lives that were cut short by a career criminal. The shooter in this case had been arrested 43 times prior to this shooting and had served a sentence for attempted 1st degree murder. He was released early. He then landed another stint in the pen for felony coc aine distribution and weapons charges. He had been released from that term in April.

One of the reasons I would like to post more and have meaningful discussion is to look at ways that this system can be made to work better. I have always been the first to acknowledge that there are flaws in the system that need to be addressed. I just don't have the time or patience to try and have that kind of discussion only to have to defend myself against all the cop-haters.

I applaud the OP for posting this story and it is nice to see there there are people here that are willing to show both sides of the story. I can only hope that there can one day be a forum for sensible discussion where real solutions can be achieved. There are a lot of cops on these boards, some of us in positions that we can work towards real solutions to problems. It is just a shame that we can't have a discussion without it degrading to mud slinging and off topic derailment.

Good luck, ATS. And may these officers Rest In Peace.

JW

[edit on 7/3/2010 by JWH44]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join