It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If not Alex Jones, than who?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ATS seems divided on opinions about Alex Jones. Seems like people tend to love him or hate him. I personally frequent his youtube page, however I realize you need to be able to separate the gold from garbage, and I understand that there IS an element of entertainment and fear mongering involved as well.

My question is, is there a better source or personality out there who has an outlet to bring information to the public regularly? This person should be alive, so no Bill Cooper responses please.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I used to really like, and almost admired him.

About 5 years ago something happened that made me stop even visiting his page, or listening to much he had to say.

For the life of me I cannot recall what it was that made me "kick him to the curb". But even now I avoid him.

Other than that, I get my news/views from a wide range of sources. From the mainstream to the mundane.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Instead of idolizing a single theorist, why don't you look at what all of them have to say and figure out what you think is most likely true? It doesn't even have to be exactly what any of them say; maybe you want bits of Cooper, bits of Icke, bits of Jones. You don't need to believe what someone else believes; you need to seek your own beliefs, preferably beliefs which are truth.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I guess I was just hoping that a more objective, less biased, Alex Jones existed out there. I'm open to other alternative news sources as well, so feel free to drop some recommendations.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
All i think he's doing is getting back at the MSM by using their own tactics against them, and it works, because just like the MSM, he reaches people.

Not everyone who wants to get information on these subjects wants to put effort in researching and, most of all, READING for themselves, and like it to have some entertainment value, even when bringing a message of doom and gloom.

That's the true value of Jones to be honest, because let's face it, his website has opened the eyes of millions worldwide.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I like Alex Jones, he's the one that showed me where to look once I opened my eyes. He seemed to have guided me towards the truth. Nonetheless, I did go on to different sources for news. I believe it is pertinent to do this. As far as people accusing Alex of fearmongering, I believe it's the person who takes it as fearmongering or not. You can either take that information and use it, expand it, memorize it or go hide under your bed. You choose to feel fear or not.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Spike360]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat

I usually glance at infowars but do not look at his radio show vids.
Alex just tends to irratate me.

I also dont read the readers comments anymore.
Since joining ATS its much nicer not having to read all the &^%^&* spewed by his listeners.

But Alex does get some scoops from reliable sources which often find their way to ATS. So he cant be all bad.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Alex Jones is to the conspiracy world as WWE is to full contact fighting. He's got some good moves, definitely knows how to play a crowd and gives everyone what they want, but when it comes down to it - someone is writing his paycheque and directing his every move.

I try not to hate on people who do like him, though I really can't help it at times.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
in my opinion alan watt is way more informative. not to mention calm, cool and collected. even though he tends to repeat himself, you wont ever hear him growling like a rabid goof at anybody.

try not to rely on radio personalities in the first place. theyre a good medium to start to get people thinking, but when you start relying on their analysis is where things go bad.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I like Alex and always have for years now.

The people who say he is fearmongerin make me laugh, We should be really scared of the times ahead..

Just my opinion

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I Like him he was the only person who stood up agaisnt the war in yugoslavia, serbs never started the war, the started in sarajevo backed up by the west aid and Radovan Karadzic is telling the truth.

Yes there were planes or jet figheters hovering above or flying above sarajevo but the reality they never attacked, they only scared the folks down.

As for what happened in sarajevo Muslims from high bulidings from the windows they trew millions of grenades but heres a interesting thing they didnt explodie.

Another thing i heard from people who got away from bosnia, is that mulims before the very first day of the war started preying allah late in the evening which was strange and also former street cops have seen mulims ariming themselves in the mosques.

One of the cops said he saw atleast 4 mosque filled with arms and other weaponry goodies.

And he noticed allot of repoters coming into sarajevo, well i cant break down all it of here i will be making my yugoslavia thread in july.

just to say again alex jones is the only person who is speaking was speaking the agaisnt staged wars of yugoslavia, please tell me if you could who eles is speaking agaisnt those wars that happend?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Alex Jones is constantly making an ass of himself. He claims to be mocking the elite or his monster of the day, but when you add it all up, he's the one carrying on like a complete lunatic in most of his presentations, with his strange voices and angry, insane facial expressions. His behavior is stealing credibility from the issues he brings up. He makes everything out to be so hopeless and desperate. Read the Albert Pike/ Mazinni letter, in it you'll see the roll Alex is playing and for who. He is bringing everything out into the 'light' as Pike said they would; also, he's revealing the truth in a completely non-empowering way so that all his listeners curl up into the fetal position and think about how screwed they are. Alex Jones:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron

Alex Jones is constantly making an ass of himself. He claims to be mocking the elite or his monster of the day, but when you add it all up, he's the one carrying on like a complete lunatic in most of his presentations, with his strange voices and angry, insane facial expressions. His behavior is stealing credibility from the issues he brings up. He makes everything out to be so hopeless and desperate. Read the Albert Pike/ Mazinni letter, in it you'll see the roll Alex is playing and for who. He is bringing everything out into the 'light' as Pike said they would; also, he's revealing the truth in a completely non-empowering way so that all his listeners curl up into the fetal position and think about how screwed they are. Alex Jones:

Sadly I completely agree . He almost seems to be mocking himself sometimes . Very strange.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Yeah, what he said.
View them all and form your own opinion.
If something confuses you or makes you wonder about it, post here and we'll most generally help guide.
But always make up your own mind and go with your gut.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think Infowars is a pretty cool guy eh kills dsiinfo and doesn't afraid of anything

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Solasis]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
He abuses the word 'rape' too much nowadays.

Everything is 'raped this' or 'raped that'

*One day someone he knows might get raped and when he calls the police they'll be like: "We know Alex.... the government raped you, Holdren raped you, Obama raped you... call back later when you have a serious problem to report" *click*

Originally posted by Solasis
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think Infowars is a pretty cool guy eh kills dsiinfo and doesn't afraid of anything

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Solasis]

I see what you did thar!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
first i learned from cooper, then icke, then jones. now i'm looking into learning from watt. but the only theorist who's ever spoken the truth is my mind. nowadays i can watch the news and hear the conspiracies for myself.

the buddha said "destroy the buddha"

if you shut off the dualism programmed in all of us, you wont need anyone to tell you whats wrong. you'll see it plain as day

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
some people just need someone to say something outrageous and fear monger because that excites them and because they are incapable of thinkig things out themselves they are drawn in and believe everything he says and dont catch on when he exaggerates..........you the viewers should be able to distinguish....yes that is true.....oh he might be exaggerating.....and no thats absolutely false............but you wouldnt believe the number of people that are incapable of doing this

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Thing is with AJ, he has a certain audience. Sometimes fear mongering does jolt someone awake. Be it with anyone. some people cant stand that kind of character, but are woken up by someone else who is tranquil.

It just depends on the individual and we have a lot of others out there that caters to certain audiences. It just depends who so and so is.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
alex jones' site and show is a money making scheme, they have more advertisers than content, and yeah he is like a scare monger earning money from it. They have more than 400 advertisers waiting to be 'let in' and they only let in businesses they approve of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join