It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can your dreams Hurt You In Real Life?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Absolutely!

If your wife, or girlfriend, is named Betty, for example, and you wake her up because of your dream and say, "Janie, you are the love of my life!" you'd better believe that dream is gonna hurt you!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

While i'm not gona rule that out, when i woke up my arms were at my sides and i woke up right after it happened and was kind of freaked out.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think in some cases the mind is strong enough to manifest a mark on your body, like in the case of CX. That would have been so awkward to dream and really scratch oneself, a person would have woken up.

I am glad it doesn't happen all the time, I dreamed once that I was a different creature, furry like Chewbacca, and I was the last of my kind, so they put a large needle in my arm (it hurt) to put me to sleep. I woke up as I was dying in my dream, hitting my arm to get the poison out.
I was so freaked out, dying in a dream. Something I won't ever forget. But no holes in my arm, thankfully.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
Well....its one thing to toss and turn in bed and end up scratching yourself, but how about the account above where the poster dreamed about being stabbed IN THE BACK and woke up with a scratch on the back?

That cant be self inflicted can it? pretty hard to reach around (just tried it) lol

If you scratch your back accidentally during sleep (assuming the scratch on the back can plausibly be self-inflicted), then your mind uses that information while you are dreaming. It gets 'converted' to the dream-content.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
They hurt me all the time cuss I cant get back to sleep and I lok like shiz at work the next day..... sry have not slept well for a week. Had a Fed up end of the world dream where I was being mocked and tormented by something without a face.

Messed up I know.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

Yes that is one possibility, however this is not what my OP is about. Id like to discuss actual injuries that manifest in the dream FIRST and then go on to become physical reality.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My son had a terrible nightmare last week. He was playing with a mate at violently throwing little 2 inch balls back and forwards and trying to hit each other's legs.

My son ran out of ammo and took some scissors and cut the end of his willy off to throw that. Then he panicked, licked it, and glued it back on.

The rest of the dream was worrying about it falling off again. He was on a bike going 100 miles an hour, left the road and wrapped it around a tree and found himself hanging upside down from a branch. He checked his willy was still there. Then he met some mates from school and he's still looking in his pants to see if IT was still sticking there. The dream seemed to go on for hours and was filled with worry about his poor willy.

When he woke up it was stuck tightly in a hole in his shorts. I just thought I'd pass that little story on.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
reply to post by -Thom-

Yes that is one possibility, however this is not what my OP is about. Id like to discuss actual injuries that manifest in the dream FIRST and then go on to become physical reality.

Ok, cool. But how can you know what ocurred first; the injury or the dream?
Imo, it seems hard to know really.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

I agree. It would be hard to find out...however there are still cases such as when my mother had the palm print on her pregnant belly, after she dreamed the someone placed their hand on it....thats pretty hard to explain by self-injury...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
As an experienced lucid dreamer, I've discovered that the first rule of dreaming is that "Everything requires your attention to exist". The best way to defeat an enemy in dreams is not to fight them, but to ignore them into oblivion. This applies to pain as well.

The only time you feel pain in your dreams is if you take the time to focus on your wounds. I had my flesh torn to shreds by tigers in a dream once, and I felt nothing because I was more focused on getting away from the tigers. There was no time to worry about my wounds, it was a life and death situation and I had to focus on getting away.

It's my contention that said rule applies as much to the waking world as it does to reality. Otherwise, nobody would be able to wear Nike shoes if they were truly aware of the suffering caused by child labor. It's feasible that if one were to carry that focus on pain from the dream to a waking state, it could very well manifest some sort of physical injury. Hypochondriacs make themselves ill in this manner all the time.

Incidentally, as a child, I woke with scratches all over my face claiming I was attacked by spiders (presumably in a dream). I have no recollection of this, but my parents said the scratches were just too fine for me to have done it to myself with my fingernails. That's just their opinion, and like I said, I don't remember it at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well, I think that it is true. I don't remeber like my more nightmarish dreams since I got my dream catcher (which I was stoked when it worked because I had a lot of nightmares back then). I have woken up with some small scars on my arms and one big one on my chest that I just woke up with one day(not all on the same day though). Those scars have faded over the years from getting tan and then having the tan fade, but I still have one scar about two and a half inches long on my chest like I had heart surgery or I got stabbed.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I've also felt pain within a dream. Knife slashes, for one, or being punched. In my waking life, I'm nonviolent, as much as possible. I mean, I even rescue insects from my watering pots. But in my dreams, I kick some a** and sometimes get it kicked back. I have a protection mantra that I use in my dreams that stops the madness from time to time. I have so many sword and knife dreams, I almost feel like if I ever had to handle one, I would know what to do simply because I've had "night training," lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
To the orginal poster,
the hand-print on your mother, is quite intresting, since, it was clearly a marking.
Has your research lead you to any clues, to what it might have been, yet?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There are 3 ebooks (free on scribd) by the late Dr Karla Turner, in which UFO abductees found unexplained marks on their bodies that happened during sleep.

The explanation came when they went into hypnosis and recalled, from their subconcious, the abduction and how those marks were made.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Um you can scratch yourself why you are sleeping. Plus there is no evidence here, just he said she said.

Link to some scientific sleep studies where people where videotaped the entire time sleeping, and marks appeared out of nowhere's. Other than that this is just people saying their experiences, which is not proof.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Both good words, its true, no definite proof, just the words of the orginal poster.
Well, Ill keep an eye on the thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

This happened to me a long time ago.I have had other
episodes since,but I haven't mentioned them to anyone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have to agree with some earlier posters, when something to you in real life your brain instantaneously adds it to your dream, for example I was stung by a wasp once and in that split second the pain started I had an entire dream about dealing with a robber and him shooting me, you can't underestimate the speed of your brain.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

well, when we dream, we release emotions, pain etc... (sort of a bit like the matrix; when he is hooked up)...it doesn't actually happen, but we can feel some of the physical and emotional feelings from what we imagine.

I was amazed to discover that all dreams are hallucinations.

have you ever died in a dream? It is bloody horrible. The sinking feeling?

I used to dream I would fall off of a cliff and actually hit the bottom. EEK!!

Medically, they have suggested that when your blood pressure drops or if your heart misses a beat, that can cause you to have dreams like falling..

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
just last night I had a dream that I was stabbed on the left side of my stomach and left to bleed out. when I woke up I had a pain on the left side of my stomach. anyone want to try and explain? I'm all ears.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join