It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

media portal is against me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
ok, iv`e not got an avatar, but I have wanted one since i joined, but, when I goto upload a picture, I get taken to the ats media portal which wont let me log in with my ats details, do I need to register on the portal with different details, or am i doing something wrong? This has been an ongoing problem for months but I just never bothered asking.

Help please.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

Did you change your ATS password from the original one sent to you when you signed up? If so, it does not automatically change the Media Portal Account password. That would still remain the original.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Awwww nawwww. I did change it yes. Obviously I dont have the original password, what should I do?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Click the link in the Media Portal sign in page - just under user-name - that says "forgot password" - assuming you still have the working email you signed up with, you should get a new password. Sign in and then change it in "profile details" to match your ATS password. Hope you still have the original email you used!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
yes i do, thanks, hopefully thaatll work.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
ARRRGH!

That just takes me round in circles till I choose to learn how to do it by watching the video, then it tells me the video may have content unsuitable for under 18s, but gives me no options to accept or decline the video so I can continue to watch it. !!!!!

You know what ATS, be normal, allow avatars to just be used normally like a normal forum, the way it`s done here is ridiculously stupid.

You know what else...I dont want an avatar now, even if I am shown how to do it properly (properly according to ATS) I don`t even have the gumption any more.

Thanks for your help LadySkadi, but the whole thing isn`t even remotely worth it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simon
You know what ATS, be normal, allow avatars to just be used normally like a normal forum, the way it`s done here is ridiculously stupid.

We used to be allowed to host our avatars elsewhere (photobucket etc.) but then a while back there was a problem where a hosting site was sending malware of some kind when images were loaded -- not sure on the technical details. That was right around the same time the ATS Media Center was launched so they made the decision to require avatars be hosted there.

Unfortunately, as you've discovered, ATS Media is not the most user-friendly place on the internet so it's led to issues like what you're having.

I've seen other people complain about getting a content warning when they try to view the avatar tutorial -- I think there's a setting in your ATS Media Profile that you can fiddle with to let you see it, but I haven't had that problem myself so I can't swear to it.

Also, there have been several threads explaining how to upload/change an avatar that you can look at if you just don't want to bother with the video (I don't like video tutorials personally, I don't learn from them as well as from written explanations). Here's a recent thread by member CHA0S:

ATS Media Tutorial by CHA0S

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Had the same problem a while ago. Try this, from the home page go to recent posts. On the left side it says request new password, do that then enter that into the media password page also. Worked for me. Good luck.

top topics

join