It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Thoughts on the Iran Sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What Ron Paul says in this video sounds like nothing but common sense to me. I disagree with anybody who says we need to go to war with Iran. I think most people here at ATS would agree with me on that, or at least I would hope so. A new war does in no way benefits the US, it will only end the lives of many brave men an women who sworn to protect our country, and I surely do not want to see any of them die in vain. A preemptive war in no way constitutes protecting our country unless we have with out a shadow of a doubt prof of a treat, which we don't. The only thine we do have is what sure seems to be is the same old lies we heard before the Iraq war. There is no reason we should be entering a new war, especially in light of the wars that we have already created and that seem to be never coming to an end. Does all of congress have their dunce caps on? Of course it's easier to start wars than to try an achieve peace, and a lot more people make a lot more money off of war than peace, but when is enough going to be enough? Have we not learned from our mistakes of the past? Well, if we do go to war with Iran, then apparently not. Just sounds like more Problem>Reaction>Solution techniques to me. This whole scenario that is unfolding is beyond absolutely ridiculous, and I just don't even know what else to say at this point. I just hate the fact that the majority of the people's voice is not heard in congress, all we can do is sit back and keep our fingers crossed that this doesn't happen, because we all know protesting isn't going to change. This is nothing more than business as usual and it makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Does nobody care about this? I don't want to reply to my own post, but this thread is disappearing before anyone has even seen it. I feel this is way more important of a topic for ATS than ghosts and aliens right now, so please comment guys, I wanna know what everyone thinks on the matter.

[edit on 6/29/2010 by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
He's first and one politician I ever agreed with and will probably be the last. Nothing but common sense.
However, his talk will change nothing, he had his 5 minutes with few of us fortunate to listen to him.

One thing is for certain. Iran is now alone, surrounded with nothing but enemies hell bent on destroying it.
If Iranian regime cares about its people, it will back off like Soviets and Cubans did. It may engage air force and navy but worst case scenario is that it goes all the way down like Iraq did. Or, hopefully they will act like Serbia in 1999 and face the reality that they lost just before full scale invasion. Disobeying US to such extent brings upon death penalty for the nation and its citizens.

Decision of US government makes no sense I agree there, but Iranian government makes even less sense. It very much reminds me of decision making of Balkan countries between 1980-2000, nothing but utter lunacy.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

Give it more time and, at worst, duplicate thread will pop up and get 100 flags in 2 minutes

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Already being discussed in another thread.

Congress declared war on Iran Thursday last week

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Wow excellent response, someone knows their history
I definitely agree with you, Iran obviously is no saint in the situation, but it sure does seem like we are instigating something that clearly will lead to a very ugly situation. We should really be the ones backing off, I don't see how this can end anywhere near the result of "good" if we don't. Except for war profiteers, obviously they can't wait for it to start, because that's nothing but good business for them.

I didn't wanna re-post or it bump it myself, but it is an important video so hopefully people will watch it. Thanks your reply .

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Although it may have been discussed already, it clearly was not discussed enough. I didn't see that thread and it was posted yesterday, it didn't even get 2 pages of responses. I guess just not enough people care
. But thank you for bringing that to my attention

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
unfortunately people would rather post a bunch of nonsense about alien architecture on the moon when its clearly a photo glitch. things that are tangible and happening right now in their own country couldnt interest them less. sensationalism still rules.

back on topic, ron paul is a voice of sanity but nobody is listening. 99% of congress is bought off, so even if they agreed with him they couldnt do anything about it. im sure it goes a lot deeper than blackmail.

they got the war with iraq and theyll ge their war with iran based on the same pretext because people just never learn.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
And to add to it all, Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty is under attack.

snardfarker.ning.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

I agree it deserves more attention. But by continuing discussion here and bumping this thread, we're diluting the discussion further. Sorry but I'm getting a little cranky about multiple threads. I'm out of this one. Bye.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
for me this whole issue splits in two parts:

1. if you or me, as an individual, would travel to iran and get to know all the bright people in science and arts, you surely wont be able to demand: "no, you guys shouldnt be allowed to have nuclear weapons."
as an individual you are too small to have the right to decide over the whole of the iranian people. especially, if you are convinced, that where you live, posessing nuclear weapons is ok.

2. i have problem with the thought, that nuclear weapons are in control by fundamental islamists, that support e.g. stoning someone to death.
fundamental islam beliefs god is the one deciding force over all human lifes. "the will of god decides everything". so god decides who is to live and who is to die.
but in iran people kill people, people decide to kill people, e.g executions. if this supreme islamic elite really believes in the allmighty, they are not allowed to intervene in gods destinies, speaking who shall live or die.
i am not saying, they should let criminals do what they want, but are not allowed to decide, if a human should die or live.

this mixture of political-power-struggle, opportunism, populism makes it hard for me to say:"ok, let them have atomic bombs,too"
the israelis imo, are allowed to destroy the nuclear facilities, like they did in syria. nothing more and nothing less.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by icepack]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory
reply to post by SassyCat

Wow excellent response, someone knows their history
I definitely agree with you, Iran obviously is no saint in the situation, but it sure does seem like we are instigating something that clearly will lead to a very ugly situation.

I'll give you a bump for your ability to see both sides of the situation
. And your avatar, been meaning to compliment you on that, one of the funniest Simpsons scenes ever!! It seems rare these days for people to see there are two sides to every story.

top topics

join