It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake and School Protocol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've got a question for you. I know I've read this somewhere, maybe here, but I may not have it exactly right so please correct me if I'm off.

Earthquake drills at schools usually consist of getting the kids to the hallways where they face the walls with there hands covering their heads or they are told to get under their desks. This seems wrong to me.

Now I could have sworn I read its been proven that in an earthquake the percentage of kids who lived were the ones who DID NOT go to the hallways or under their desks where steel beams and concrete will fall and crush the desk and the child.

If you're inside you want to be in between pieces of furniture or up against a piece of heavy furniture because when things collapse from above you want to be in the pocket between the furniture and the floor not under it to allow the furniture to take the brunt of the falling debris. Sure some lightweight roofing may fall on you but the heavier larger items like concrete and steel beams could fall landing on the desks around you and hopefully leaving the small pocket your in. Even if a steel beam crushes the desk your up against there would be a slightly higher chance of that pocket being there, albeit possibly just a few inches, it could still make a difference between life and death.

This would give much better odds for survival I'd think. If this is correct then many people are not aware of this.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It has been posted here on ATS I forget now which thread I think quake watch 2010 but don't know on which of the 157 pages it's on. The theory you are speaking of is called the Triangle of Life by Doug Copp.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Anmarie96]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Thank you very much Anmarie96! Even with the search tool thats pretty deep in the threads. Do we have a "sticky/No comment section" Would be good to put this info there without the hundreds of replies.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Do we have a "sticky/No comment section" Would be good to put this info there without the hundreds of replies.
reply to post by Bachrk

I do not know of any such section. I do not think though that would be the best of idea either - as there is so much information everywhere here, everyone would think that their idea warrent such a post and not be able to have it be debated or discussed to further the thinking. IMHO that is.

new topics

top topics

join