It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 28, 2010 -- Gulf state emergency preparedness agencies confirm mass evacuation plans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LiteraryOneTwo

I personnally think if this event does unfold where such evacuations "should" take place that our government will not do so. My thought on this is that our government will let parish those in harms way to save the greater good of the country or should I say the bankers economy...........Its just my opinion seeing how the government has already responded.....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I've been hearing alot about evacuation of regions on the gulf. I think when they start to see large groups of people getting sick they will do it. There's a reason they are hush hush on this and why they aren't being asked (the govt.) to find out what is in the dispersant. It's because they know what is in it and if known they would have to answer to why use a toxic substance in the food chain and around people where the rest of the civilized world won't use it because to keep it simple, they care about their people. In the US, don't worry as long as your a large company you can get away with whatever you want.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
hey guys, i cant post threads yet,
but me and my big brother and dad all saw about 25-30 F-16's last night (confirmed because of lights and speeds and sounds) i live in concord,nc.
So, i went out there again at the same time 10:20pm (when started) and guess what? one after the other after the other, same lights same sounds everything (theyre REALLY fast to)

If somebody could post a thread about this it would be high appreciated!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

my guess is that this is exactly what the government would do. It will take untill a massive amount of people come up with the same illnesses. the government will then take the time to analyze if the disease is related to the spill at which point they will tell people that they should be cautious or move out. By then it might already be too late to try and sue BP since they may not have anymore money... the government could also try to come up with some kind of vaccine to make people immune who knows.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jcjace

is there vaccines for certain chemical exposures?

its makes since, im gonna google it real quick.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 123xxxx

i don't think there's anythinf for the soup that's in the gulf right now but i'm sure they could come up with some kind of pill just to make big pharma some money.

Again, i'm going to go off what my rain collection data samples come back as. Ixtoch blew up in 1979 and they threw tons of crap there too and hurricanes have come and gone since then yet everyone i know from south texas seems to be ok so i'd rather wait than buy into the hype on this one.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I feel so sorry for the people on the gulf. you will lose so much. your home job.
if lived near by I would let you stay with me. just wipe your feet first. good look to you all.

BP should build a city for you on the cost some wear.

“CEMA was briefed on the impending mass evacuation since California would be expected to absorb a large number of evacuees from the Gulf states. CEMA officials did not say how the state of California, which is virtually bankrupt, would pay for the influx of hundreds of thousands and perhaps greater numbers of evacuees from the Gulf coastal region.”
if they move them to California. it will bankrupt them. then would the government take it from them??
if they start to evacuate. they will declare marshal law. and it stats happening again. get ready to leave. stock up for the trip. they should make all cities near by take people.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by buddha]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr

The s*it sounds like it's about to hit the fan! If the toxic storm or what it ever it will be goes inland,Will it be a danger to those of us in North Georgia?

I'm appalled that you are coming here to ask this because none of our leaders were able to do so satisfactorily.

That's not a stab at ATS; quite the contrary really.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If something like this thread were to occur, I want to see those members downplaying the severity of the oil spill come in here and eat crow.

Especially to the "how does this affect YOU?" crowd.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
FREE HOUSING/RELOCATION FROM US/BP

US Government commandeers all recently foreclosed or vacant housing in US and provides it to evacuees with moving expenses provided at BPs cost not to exceed company value/worth. The banks who own the properties will get a 1 dollar tax credit for each property they screwed someone out of on next years taxes. Only properties owned by banks or businesses are eligible to be commandeered. Now that sounds like a government Of the People, For the People and By the People. Make it SO!

FLAME ON!

TOG

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Read up on the guy who wrote this. He's clearly a sensationalist at best.

I'm not downplaying the severity of the possibility, but take this guy's word with a grain of salt.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

It's funny how you say people are 'downplaying' it just because they might mention that, you know, this probably isnt an "Extinction Level Event".

Despite all the qualifications like "YES, this is a MAJOR disaster" "Yes, this is very bad". You somehow read it as "Yum! Drink a big glass of crude!!"

Putting this spill into perspective with other oil spills is not saying this is benign. It's trying to shed a little clarity and context on a very murky situation. It's unfortunate, IMO, that people use ATS to post information that is only meant to spread fear and dis-ease.

The person who screams fire in a crowded theater harms themselves and others. The person who calmly informs everyone that they should move towards the exists in a calm manner is not saying there is no fire.

You are entitled to your solution-less hysteria. As i am entitled to my desire for useful information.

Have a good, great, angry, whatever day you choose.

EDITED to add: But, sure, if the entire planet dies from this and all living beings are cast into a pit of darkness, i will come to this forum and admit i was wrong for being skeptical. I should have been screaming in the streets, cuz that always helps.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If I was in a Gulf State right now, I would lay in a two month supply of food and water (emergency food supplies not needing power to cook), medication, batteries, ammunition, and things to occupy you and the kids in the prolonged absence of electricity. Make sure you have a large supply of board games, several decks of cards and a collection of books. I'd also make sure my med kit was up to date.

I'd also try and make sure that all my bills were paid at least 3 months ahead of time (tough in these economic conditions, but this is just sound financial advice).

If this disaster does get much worse and a forced evacuation becomes reality, don't count on ANY Government help for at least two weeks (Katrina showed the ineffectiveness of the Govt's response plans). As stated, I would prepare for two MONTHS rather than two weeks.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

“CEMA was briefed on the impending mass evacuation since California would be expected to absorb a large number of evacuees from the Gulf states. CEMA officials did not say how the state of California, which is virtually bankrupt, would pay for the influx of hundreds of thousands and perhaps greater numbers of evacuees from the Gulf coastal region.”

if they move them to California. it will bankrupt them. then would the government take it from them??

if they start to evacuate. they will declare marshal law. and it stats happening again. get ready to leave. stock up for the trip. they should make all cities near by take people.

California is happy to take hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants from Arizona but of course won't step up to take in millions of displaced Americans.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
If I was in a Gulf State right now, I would lay in a two month supply of food and water (emergency food supplies not needing power to cook), medication, batteries, ammunition, and things to occupy you and the kids in the prolonged absence of electricity. Make sure you have a large supply of board games, several decks of cards and a collection of books. I'd also make sure my med kit was up to date.

I'd also try and make sure that all my bills were paid at least 3 months ahead of time (tough in these economic conditions, but this is just sound financial advice).

If this disaster does get much worse and a forced evacuation becomes reality, don't count on ANY Government help for at least two weeks (Katrina showed the ineffectiveness of the Govt's response plans). As stated, I would prepare for two MONTHS rather than two weeks.

How is saving food supply for 2months if a mass evacuation was to happen helping? Its a mass evacuation, which means you'll be out the door quick. This is not comparable to Katrina in any way shape or form. You can see a storm on radar, you can't see disease thru human on doppler radar.

Why pay for your bills 3 months ahead? Why not just pay for what is owed at the time?

I pay my phone gas and electric due on receipt for what i used the previous months, i don't see how pyaing for service i havent used yet helps since they won't take it and they may not provide it anymore.

You might want to save that cash instead, trust me, even sh*t it the fan down there the dollar would still be good around the country.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Saw this thread, had to contribute before my bed time. And this post is brought to you by someone who takes NO POLITICAL sides, all I care about is the human side.
So let's say this DOES actually happen. Hundreds of thousands relocated from the Gulf, web bot predicts correctly, yadda yadda yadda. This won't be the END TIMES. Just a lot more crowding, maybe people moving out of the country, etc. A mass exodus, but that is not necessarily going to mark the end. I truly feel for the people, animals, and ecosystems that we have destroyed for the almighty dollar.
In reality, from the top man (whoever pulls Obama's strings) to the lowly government worker, everything is about $$$$ good old fashioned greenbacks! If they can make some profits from this mass exodus, well then, they're going to. If they can't, they'll let people die just like with Katrina. So what it all boils down to is, the small, insignificant working man, who Obama promised to help BEFORE he got elected, is held either holding a tar ball in one hand, or keys to get out of dodge in another, either way it's a F*&^&*ked up situation. All the while, Obama plays golf and BP's CEO competes in yacht races.
So much for leadership.. Goodnight....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
http://(nolink)/2010/06/05/amount-neurotoxin-pesticide-corexit-sprayed-bp-tops-1-million-gallons/

BP has now used over 1 million gallons Corexit. Take a quick look at exactly what this chemical is and what its neurological side effects are. I work in the medical field -- I don't want to be an alarmist -- but WTH were they thinking?

I think they should have let the oil spill and not used millions of gallons of a chemical known to have neurological side effects (this means it is absorbed into tissues and eventually causes brain and nervous system damage). The clean up crews of the Valdez spill were exposed to this chemical and did not fare very well.

This should make a lot of people mad when they realize what has been poured into the Gulf. Sickening -- and yes, Eddie, I am mad too.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1

This could be what all those white cars are for... to aid in evacuation...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I went to this and watched the video. You know what really creaped me out? When Obama said, in a speech near the end of the video, "...we have succeeded by stirring the currents..."

Ummm... a little oil, some toxic dispersant, add a hurricane or two. Yeah, I guess you're stirring the currents up all right!!! Odd, and rather telling choice of words, considering what's going on, don't you think?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Just a brief note for those who are asking if there is a vaccine to protect you against the chemicals BP has dumped in the water: NO.

The way vaccines work in a simple statement is that they take a live agent, weaken it, and then introduce it into your system via an injection. Your body goes to work fighting this agent and "learns" how it operates and how to fight it. When you are exposed to the actual virus or disease or whatever, your body recognizes it from the injection and goes to work fighting it, now you do not get the disease or whatever.

There is no way to weaken exposure to a chemical agent so there is no damage to your organs. Neuro toxins are in a way like bug spray -- they attack the bug's nervous system (think brain, spinal cord, nervous system) and you are first confused, then the part of your brain responsible for breathing, heart rate, etc., shuts down. That is why this chemical is called "Neuro toxin" -- some snake bites operate the same way -- so did the gas chambers in the concentration camps of Germany.

The real deal will be how this Corexit works with salt water, if it can be absorbed into the rain, etc., etc. The oil on the beach LOOKS bad. However -- to me -- the Corexit -- that is going to be a much much bigger deal. Of course -- I personally no nothing about Corexit. I can see that it is labeled as a neuro toxin -- and that to me is frightening. What a mess.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by guavas

It's funny how you say people are 'downplaying' it just because they might mention that, you know, this probably isnt an "Extinction Level Event".

Despite all the qualifications like "YES, this is a MAJOR disaster" "Yes, this is very bad". You somehow read it as "Yum! Drink a big glass of crude!!"

Putting this spill into perspective with other oil spills is not saying this is benign. It's trying to shed a little clarity and context on a very murky situation. It's unfortunate, IMO, that people use ATS to post information that is only meant to spread fear and dis-ease.

The person who screams fire in a crowded theater harms themselves and others. The person who calmly informs everyone that they should move towards the exists in a calm manner is not saying there is no fire.

You are entitled to your solution-less hysteria. As i am entitled to my desire for useful information.

Have a good, great, angry, whatever day you choose.

EDITED to add: But, sure, if the entire planet dies from this and all living beings are cast into a pit of darkness, i will come to this forum and admit i was wrong for being skeptical. I should have been screaming in the streets, cuz that always helps.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by justadood]

You can't claim one way or the other until we know all the facts.

Just as we're premature to assume the spill is an extinction-level event, it is equally premature to assume otherwise without question. Because...well, it ain't over yet.

Remember, it takes 8 minutes for light to hit us from the sun...it took 2 months for oil to start hitting the shores (give or take). We still have the oil from 2 months ago UP TO NOW AND INTO THE FUTURE. If the oil stopped, then, yeah, no big. Our shores are two months behind the spill...and look what's just started to happen? What will happen? I don't know, and if you say that you do, this conversation is over.

There's never any evidence of 9.0 earthquakes a week before they happen.

edited for epic grammar fail

[edit on 30-6-2010 by guavas]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join