It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 28, 2010 -- Gulf state emergency preparedness agencies confirm mass evacuation plans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Damn! Now that's the answer I want to hear!

If there's any scenario to pray for, hope for, that's the one.

Now, please pardon my mushiness, but I love this line from the movie that first shaped my sensibilities about Southern character.

"As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again." For full impact, you gotta see Vivien Leigh say this line.

uh, just hope you won't have to lie, steal, cheat or kill

And this line embodies hope, hope we need to live and not give up:

"Tara! Home. I'll go home. And I'll think of some way to get him back. After all... tomorrow is another day."

uh, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, ask your parents...or your grandparents!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
reply to post by bigyin

LOL bigyin haven't you heard the south stops and turns into Yankee land at the Ga/Fla state line.

Florida is the north easterners playground. They save up all their lives and retire in the sun.

Yes I know about the snowbirds. I used to see them when I visited Florida a lot many years ago.

My favourite place was Daytona Beach. I owned a property there once and was ready to move there permanently. Coming from Scotland I'm used to cold damp conditions so the thought of permanent sunshine did it for me. But that all changed on day when I went into the local convenience store and there was an Asian gentleman running the store. he looked so miserable I asked him what the problem was and he told me he didn't like it in Florida. I was so taken aback, how could he not like the sun, the sea, the beaches, the girls, the bikes ... the place was awesome. He said he hated the constant heat and went on to tell me something I have never forgotton. He said when your cold it is easy to heat up, put on a jumper, have some soup, turn up the heating. But when your too hot it near impossible to cool down.

This was a guy from a hot country telling me from a cold country this ... so I decided there was no way I would be able to stand the heat. I sold the property and went back to Scotland.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
US will accept 22 offers of help from 12 countries and international groups in dealing with Gulf oil spill - NBC News, AP

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Step 1 of a mass evacuation would be a gun grab, so sit back and watch for this.

I still believe they won't evacuate anyone, it's way cheaper to let them all die.

(if thought about from an NWO perspective)

Didn't this already happen when Obama was sworn in?
The ammo companies cannot keep up with the ammo orders as it is

The NWO perspective would be how I'd see it. They can send in corpse removal/burning teams instead of forking out all that cash to relocate them.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I thought I would post this link for those who want to listen to The Intel Hub radio broadcast tonight at 9:00pm est. Maybe some solid intel will come forward........

Tonight we will be covering the Gulf coast extensively. During the first 40 mins of the show, we will be welcoming AC Griffith for some major gulf updates. After that, we are asking ANYONE from the Gulf to please call into the show and let us know what is going on. As the mainstream media blackout ensues, we will be bringing updates, straight from Gulf coast residents themselves. 646 727 3387

www.blogtalkradio.com...

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by getreadyalready
No offense, but "just move inland?"

Very, very, very x1000 simplistic don't you think?

Where are the 20 million jobs that we could have?

Labor Camps.

Lots 'n lots of labor camps. Or haven't you heard?(army.mil website)
now that is just sick....

what happpens in this country of ours, no longer surprises me. and the fact that we allow
1) haliburton to handle our troops horribly
2) recieve "no-bid" after "no-bid" contracts
3) then join with x-atlantic and erect a shabby oil platform
and now the coast guard is under the employ of BP and participate in the media blackout and suppression of information concerning OUR citizens if just disgusting.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by getreadyalready
No offense, but "just move inland?"

Very, very, very x1000 simplistic don't you think?

Where are the 20 million jobs that we could have?

Labor Camps.

Lots 'n lots of labor camps. Or haven't you heard?(army.mil website)
now that is just sick....

what happpens in this country of ours, no longer surprises me. and the fact that we allow
1) haliburton to handle our troops horribly
2) recieve "no-bid" after "no-bid" contracts
3) then join with x-atlantic and erect a shabby oil platform
and now the coast guard is under the employ of BP and participate in the media blackout and suppression of information concerning OUR citizens if just disgusting.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ahmonrarh]

It's messed up alright. Worst part is we are getting set up by our own govt. Imagine us buying our own oil from another country drilling our oil 50 miles off of our coast. It's happening all over the world. The capitalism monster sleeping with the G8 moneymongers. Oh wait, that called 'fair trade' due to WTO constraints.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Good luck evacuating the Cajun's from the Bayou. The Government will most likely just steer clear of that area if they know what's good for them. Doubt they want to get into a shootin' match with those good ol' boys who know those waters better than any GPS map could try to convey.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Hi! Are you nuts? South Carolina is hotter than Florida, we have no breeze.
Moved here gradually through the states from Pennslyvannia and Ohio.
I don't miss the constant rain and the rude unfriendly people who are miserable because the sun hardly ever shines. To cool down you fill up your bath tub and sit in it, or buy air conditioning. But really, your body starts to acclimate to the temperatures. No snow shoveling ever! I went to my grandmother's funeral a few years ago in Northern Indiana, it was 4 degrees and windy! My bones hurt! I wanted to drive home durring the whole service. It was in the fifties back home. The only real problem for being scottish in ancestry I have to admit is that the humidty makes my hair really frizz...
I would think florida would be like heaven.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is quite interesting!

I live in the southern state Georgia. Do you think any kind of evacuation would be applied for my state?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami
This is quite interesting!

I live in the southern state Georgia. Do you think any kind of evacuation would be applied for my state?

I wondered why southern portions of Georgia weren't included.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

The s*it sounds like it's about to hit the fan! If the toxic storm or what it ever it will be goes inland,Will it be a danger to those of us in North Georgia?

To tell you the truth, we get gulf moisture here in SE Wyoming.... not sure how far that toxic goo can travel on the wind though. I'm ready.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Evacuations? No. My 1st cousin along with there 12 person family lives in a beach front home right on the edge of mississippi. I talk to them daily. They have no National Guard around the area, no military what so ever. They even said BP has cleared out of their area. Sooo. If the hardest hit area isn't already evacuated, what makes you think the text of a personal opinion made by a Wiki worker is right?

[edit on 29-6-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So, when you start a thread like this, and it comes to pass to be wildly inaccurate, do you come back and start a new thread saying "Whoops, I was TOTALLY wrong?"

Or do you just move on to the next unsubstantiated sensational headline?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah it's a good article showing exactly how BP has been forced to adjust their figures over and over again, i would advise people to read it even though there's nothing much new for most of us to be read, but it's a big improvement to what people have been told sofar.

Too bad it's buried away in a far away corner of the paper's website, i can't imagine this appeared in the printed version.

It's too bad they want to charge you under one membership form or another, just to read that article...

How can people read it, if they have no money to pay for it?!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

The article did appear in the print edition. If I hadn't recycled it, I would take a pic for you. I believe it may have even been started on the front page.

Edit: Looked at the post's website and it seems as if the article wasn't on A01 but started on A04.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by exlibertateveritas]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
what will you people do when the
Internet is turned OFF

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Plans are always in place for these kinds of things, governments have plans for pretty much everything that they can think of, from a biological attack to long term blackouts. After the oil spill became serious i am sure they drew something up.

Is it therefore possible that someone came across these plans and assumed they were about to be implemented? Maybe they are about to evacuate everyone but it seems more likely that someone saw the plans for a worst case scenario and assumed they were about to be used.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Didn't Nazi Germany mass evacuate civilians from Poland and the Baltic Nations in late 1944-early 1945?

I'm not sure, the only one I know in depth is Operation Pied Piper, with 3.5 million evacuated by the gov. and a further 2 million more wealthy relocated privately.. that is a huge amount of people to move, and looking at the GoM it could be 10x that figure.. What a scary situation...

Tho I will dig into the area you mentioned, very interesting, thanks

You seem to be forgetting about the mass evacuation of greater New Orleans just a few short years ago. Not only was there a mass evacuation, but also a mass disarmament of the people. Also, three weeks after Katrina, a mass evacuation of Houston and surrounding areas ensued for Rita. This has been explored and tried, whether intentionally or not and valuable lessons have been learned.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Wow!!! Did I miss something???? Did someone post that Mr Madsen is a fraud like many other doom and gloom blogger sites??

Just curious because I searched the thread........other than a poster saying BP has moved out of a Mississippi area and no National Guard around.....(not sure why BP would move out)......I did not see anything concrete..............

I am really sick and tired of idots like yourself when it clearly states in my thread post asking can someone debunk this guy......

How odd its been that all these idots that make post like justahood are "new" members.........

You just fall in the shill category.............

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join