It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 28, 2010 -- Gulf state emergency preparedness agencies confirm mass evacuation plans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
There probably are plans with CEMA. The state would accept some, as I'm sure other states would. I wonder why the gulf population could not be just dispersed inland? CA took in Katrina refugees, but I wonder if this will be a mandatory evacuation?

It is estimated that 2.5 million people moved to the Pacific states fleeing the Dust Bowl, so there is a history here. In fact the Central Valley was where many came to rest and work the fields. The labor camps, now home to primarily Mexican fieldworkers, housed those Oakies and Arkies in their time of need as they worked the fields.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
wow i think you got something here. scary. how the H*** is the goverment going to pay for this when its already 13 Trillion in debt. i dont think its the fall of america. but more of a rebirth. an awakeing that we need to spend less and not have massive debt so we can afford these types of problems when they arise.

we just now have to sit back and see how the chips fall.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

No offense, but "just move inland?"

Very, very, very x1000 simplistic don't you think?

Where are the 20 million jobs that we could have? Are there that many jobs for fishermen and construction workers and state workers up North that I didn't know about?

What about the dozens of Military Bases in the Gulf Region? Including Pensacola Naval Air Station (home of the Blue Angels), and Eglin Air Force Base (largest geographic area of any US base in the world!). And Hurlburt Field (Special Operations Command) and Panama City and Jacksonville, and others?

Katrina Victims did it? Really? Without too many hiccups? Now imagine Katrina times at least 100! Evacuate New Orleans (again), Biloxi/Gulfport, Mobile, Pensacola, Ft. Walton Beach, Destin, Panama City, Tallahassee (the Capital City), Tampa Bay, Lakeland, Orlando, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, etc., etc.?

Entirely decimate at least on state, and decimate the work force and major economy of 3 or 4 other states. You do know we only have have 50 states right? And of those 50 states, many are already in danger of bankruptcy. So take 10% of the states, and move all their residents into the bankrupted states without jobs or adequate housing, and then what?

Sorry if my Post is brash, it is not intended personally toward you, but I have a feeling that many people around the country are having the same idiotic notion. "Why not just move them inland? It's just some beaches, sheesh."

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It sounds like the feces will hit the rotary oscillator pretty soon, but judging by the incompetence of FEMA, they will have a half-ass plan by, say, AUTUMN! They were completely useless when Hugo hit (they were still new and unequivocably stupid and slow), and equally as slow with Katrina. They are a facade of shadow government personnel, and not an 'emergency management agency'. I wouldn't count on them to do anything efficient. If there is any mention that they are fully considering it, then it's time to roll.
I know it will be difficult and many hardships will follow many millions of people. I'm pretty sure my house will be full. If we are to survive as a nation, then we must extend our goodwill to our brothers and sisters. We would hope they would do the same if the north had to be evacuated (Yellowstone anyone?).
This is our country, and it is OUR TIME!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

JESUS H! I AM NOT GOING TO CALIFORNIA!!!!!

Why don't you just kill me? Who the hell can afford to live there? WTF do tehy think we're going to do in a bankrupt state overflowing with illegals to earn our selves a decent lifestyle. KISS MY !#$# !!!!! UGGHHHH ARE THEY STUPID???? They should send us to the NE or Midwest NOT CALIFORNIA!!!! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR I am so mad right now I can't even think about this.

Not flaming you, OP, I am just flamed gurrrr.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Floridians would survive about half an hour in NE temperatures, no ?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
reply to post by ldyserenity

Floridians would survive about half an hour in NE temperatures, no ?

Have to admit, it is much more 'temperate' in Florida. Not as Hot or as Cold! My parents just moved from Florida back to Missouri, and they can't believe the heat and humidity up there. It is ridiculous! Later this winter, they will be complaining of the Cold!

I love it right here, and I have absolutely no plans to go anywhere.......unless the air is unbreathable? Kind of a Catch-22. I mean if you can't breath, you have to leave. I would head for Missouri, but I wouldn't like it, and I wouldn't expect our current government to survive it!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Oh but you see, I am only five years here and came from the NE and my blood hasn't thinned yet, lol...but for those who are lifers here, you get used to it fast, really... It's knowing how to dress. I can help with that.

And there's no way in He double hockey sticks I am going to move to oakland , ca. No way I'd take to the tent cities first!!!!

Oakland crimes interactive map

You don't honestly think they're going to send us to Beverly Hills do you?

I lived in Philadelphia where we absorbed many of the katrina victims whom were placed in kensington and Germantown (high crime areas). The reason for this is a lot of empty houses and the real estate as you can imagine is dirt cheap for anyone but even more so for government. Here is some information for kensigton and germantown Philadelphia:

An article on kensington

granted it's from 2006, not much has changed except it got worse.

germantown

At the bottom of the page you cans ee a graph with property and violent crimes.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Why don't you just kill me? Who the hell can afford to live there? WTF do tehy think we're going to do in a bankrupt state overflowing with illegals to earn our selves a decent lifestyle. KISS MY !#$# !!!!! UGGHHHH ARE THEY STUPID???? They should send us to the NE or Midwest NOT CALIFORNIA!!!! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR I am so mad right now I can't even think about this.

we need southerners in Vermont to counter the far left running this place.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vtcajun

we need southerners in Vermont to counter the far left running this place.

HUH?
What are you saying?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No, no offense taken. I want to know these things.

"Are there that many jobs for fishermen and construction workers and state workers up North that I didn't know about?"
Well, they're not here either. Refugees anywhere would be on government/social assistance or on govt would need to create jobs.

Unless there is a permanent fouling of the gulf states environment beyond the coastal areas preventing human habitation, the best outcome for the states would be to help them build in state. Put jobs into those states. The dust bowl refugees left because they could no longer physically survive in that dust and the economic hardships that prevailed.

This is not rebuilding after a hurricane or earthquake or wildfire. Then, there is a past to build onto. No, this is a break with the past. The southern coastal way of life, depending on clean water and beaches, is gone for the foreseeable future.

If you cannot return to your land, that is truly catastrophic and a human sorrow. Refugees (like the Cuban or VietNam refugees for ex) forsake their homeland, with the likelihood of returning almost zero. It is a dying to the old way of living and the need to begin again.

And I meant no offense in seeming to trivializing the situation by a suggestion to relocate intra state. The Dust Bowl refugees had to leave their state and all behind and start over. I would wish that the gulf residents didn't have to leave the land they love.

You are correct, "Katrina times at least 100!" if it should come to that. And God help us all if it comes to that.

Ok, I have shared my thoughts. Question. What do you want to see happen?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Ideally, the relief wells will work, a new job market cleaning up the mess will ensue, the economy will begin to recover, the tourism and fishing revenue lost will be replaced by BP Revenue, the clean up is majorly successful within 1-2 years, and everything goes back to normal, and the housing market recovers eventually. I can dare to dream right?

More realistically, we have to count on the relief wells working. Anything less than that ends in devastation of one form or another. If the relief wells don't work, even a top hat collecting 100% is only a temporary fix as the underground pipe erodes and ruptures and the sea floor begins to burp oil and gas!

If the Relief Wells work, then we are in a game of compromises. Tourism for Eco workers. Beach Housing for Temp Housing, etc., etc. At least there would be an eventual end in site, but it all hinges on stopping the leak. Without that key piece, there is no hope.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wayne Madsen report from the 23rd....

Wayne Madsen Report – June 23, 2010

Bad news concerning the Gulf oil disaster continues to come from WMR’s federal government sources in the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the US Army Corps of Engineers. Emergency planners are dealing with a prospective “dead zone” within a 200 mile radius from the Deepwater Horizon disaster datum in the Gulf.

A looming environmental and population displacement disaster is brewing in the Gulf. The oil dispersant used by BP, Corexit 9500, is seen by FEMA sources as mixing with evaporated water from the Gulf and absorbed by rain clouds producing toxic precipitation that threatens to kill all marine and land animals, plant life, and humans within a 200-mile radius of the Deepwater Horizon disaster site in the Gulf. Adding to the worries of FEMA and the Corps of Engineers is the large amounts of methane that are escaping from the cavernous grotto of oil underneath the Macondo drilling area of Gulf of Mexico.

On a recent visit to the Gulf coast, President Obama vowed that the Gulf coast will “return to normal.” However, federal officials dealing with the short- and long-term impact of the oil disaster report that the “dead zone” created by a combination of methane gas and Corexit toxic rain will force the evacuation and long-term abandonment of cities and towns within the 200-mile radius of the oil volcano.

Plans are being put in place for the mandatory evacuation of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Mandeville, Hammond, Houma, Belle Chase, Chalmette, Slidell, Biloxi, Gulfport, Pensacola, Hattiesburg, Mobile, Bay Minette, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, Crestview, and Pascagoula.

The toxic rain from the Gulf is expected to poison fresh water reservoirs and lakes, streams, and rivers, which will also have a disastrous impact on agriculture and livestock, as well as drinking water, in the affected region.

FEMA officials also claim that the $20 billion compensation fund set aside by BP is not nearly enough to offset the costs of the disaster. The FEMA sources say the disaster will cost well in excess of $1 trillion, and likely closer to $2-3 trillion.

End of Wayne Madsen Report

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Well, I personally still love the state of California, but maybe your attitude will help us out, we are pretty crowded. Yeah, California, UGGGHHH!-Pass it on.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
No offense, but "just move inland?"

Very, very, very x1000 simplistic don't you think?

Where are the 20 million jobs that we could have?

Labor Camps.

Lots 'n lots of labor camps. Or haven't you heard?(army.mil website)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Please I meant no offense, I just have experience with where the areas are that are bad, and those are typically where they send you if you're an evacuee, unless you're filthy rich, they send you to the most nasty areas of the region...I know this from experience, I'm sur there are beautiful parts, like One I mentioned Beverly hills, however that is not where they'll be putting us, their train of thought is we've got no money or better options, so we'll be overjoyed with being between two crack houses... Well, not me!!! But then again I do have other options, I'll go back to Philly and stay with friends until I can get a place. At least I have that, many poor souls won't and that truly is a travesty.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
For some reason this report sounds awfully familiar. Wasn't there a hurricane (Andrew?) that hit Florida like 10 or 15 years ago, and there were crazy reports like this that never panned out?

Maybe just a bad brain cell I have...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Step 1 of a mass evacuation would be a gun grab, so sit back and watch for this.

I still believe they won't evacuate anyone, it's way cheaper to let them all die.

(if thought about from an NWO perspective)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

LOL bigyin haven't you heard the south stops and turns into Yankee land at the Ga/Fla state line.

Florida is the north easterners playground. They save up all their lives and retire in the sun.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
From what I have found out about Wayne Madsen is that he seems to be pretty legit on his reporting and its from an investigative approach not like many blogs sites that create fear through speculation……..

His bio and credentials are pretty impressive and he was even arrested in 2009 as he was investigating Obama and the money trail………He was later released with no conviction……………

On one side we have a blog journalist who has many connections which should be legit do to his resume coupled by a tip from one of his members or contributors who happens to be an employee or contractor for the CEMA…….

On the other side we have BP doing a dog and pony show on the beaches of the gulf as they spray millions of gallons of Corexit with a well head that is unstoppable. Along side BP is our Government who willfully or not stands in the way of expediting the clean up process……………….

So is the problem such that BP / Government know exactly what they are doing as they are hiding or down playing that the Gulf region is on its death bed while putting in place the “worse case” scenario plan of action which would include evacuation?

I personally don’t think the Government will evacuate until the last pelican drops from the sky………….I have other conspiracy options of why for that reply……..

But it is very hard to knock Mr. Madsen’s report that these plans are being discussed and possibly implemented.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join