It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Protest Footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hello,

I was in Toronto for the G20, and here are some videos I took. I have alot so I will add more to the thread when I get a chance.

This was at about 4:30 on Saturday, June 26, 2010. At 1:00 seven to ten thousand PEACEFUL protesters marched down university avenue, and the turned on Queen st. toward Spadina avenue. The march was unimpeded, but when most of the march moved up Spadina avenue about ten to twenty percent stayed. You see the meeting was actually ten or so blocks away. A hardcore group made their way to the heart of the financial district, and maybe the wall. I was not with them I remained at Queen and Spadina with a large crowd.I saw no violence. Police were restrained. This video is later in the day at the park where the march had begun. After some cop cars were burned, and windows broken the police attitude shifted. I will get back to this later, but there was strange circumstances surrounding the so called black shirted/masked block of people. Once that little bit of chaos happened they police were let off the chain so to speak. The police returned in force to queens park and pretty much arrested anyone. If you were aggressive, confrontational, or masked you were gone. Then if you were within ten feet of the line you were. Then if you were shooting camera shots too close. And finally, anyone was arrested and moved to detention facilities.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by stephinrazin]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thank you for BEING THERE!! It's heartening to know that some folks still have the balls to get up and shout when things are wrong. If everyone were like yourself this world wouldn't be so messed up.
Either the black bloc group were cops or simply stupid anarchists that they let go crazy so that any violence would be blamed on the protesters. We all know it was the cops that got violent.
Glad you have fast legs, it looks like they kept you out of detention. Some of us are too old and disabled to get anywhere near events like that anymore. Can;t say as I miss the pepper spray at all!

Thanks again for putting yourself in the front line for all of us.

S&F

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
hmmmmm, this was a test on the public.

i think it would be wise to make note of their tactics, and prepare accordingly.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Can I ask why this is in the Space Exploration forum?

Just curious.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't have the link because I saved the story but it's from the globe and mail from july 17 written by Siri Agrell

The Toronto Police Association called for Sid Ryan to resign as president of the Ontario Federation of Labour after he suggested that “agents provocateurs” may be used to incite protesters during next week’s G20 summit. “His comments reported in the media are idiotic, irresponsible and inflammatory against the Toronto police,” said Mike McCormack, head of the 8,300-member union. “He should resign for defaming the police.”

Mr. Ryan has said he believes undercover officers will deliberately pick fights with the protesters to justify the summit’s security expenditure. “Nothing could be further from the truth,” Mr. McCormack said. “It’s obviously a cheap attempt at publicity. He should be writing fiction because obviously he isn’t dealing with reality. At the very least he should apologize to Toronto’s finest for his groundless attack.” Various protest groups have raised the spectre of agents provocateurs being used at the G20, after Quebec provincial police admitted that three officers disguised themselves as demonstrators during the protest at the North American leaders summit in Montebello, Que., in 2007.

These police and the government are really corrupt.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

That includes the local media such as CP24 News and CTV.

They always speak with the cops and they act like we care.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Ya it seems like cars or trucks will work better against their shields...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Let's presume there were NO agent provocateurs. The vandalismthat took no human lives were done by some frustrated protestors. Were McCormack's Toronto's Gestapo finest correct for their atrocities against their own fellow brothers and sisters?

The Summit was paid by Canadian taxpayers to the tune of an obscence 1 billion dollars burnt for a few days event that could have helped struggling citizens, and held on Canadian soil.

Any Canadian as well as any fellow human whom was represented by the moronic leaders there had the FULLEST right to be at the vicinity to have their voice heard.

But the reality was, the unarmed soveriegn Canadian taxpayers and fellow humans were denied entry to their own public area and access roads by the pigs called the Gestapo, Toronta's finest. They were even hurt, harmed, mauled and thrown into dog cages, treated far worse than animals by those whom they paid salaries to!

No. McCormack DO NOT deserve any apology, but oughta be thrown rotten eggs with, despised by all fellow citizens, as well as those responsible for the uncionable expenditure to protect the puppets whom groveled before their masters to do their bidding, as proven by the result of the summit.

The Gestapo Commissioner and the Minister of State in charge of proposing and authorising such terrible treatment of their own citizens oughta be sacked!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Have the protestors been released yet? What camps are they being held in?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Historically 'authorities' instigate some of the most egregious progressive social movement violence.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was 60-70 percent or higher.

The authorities have to keep us plebeians scared away from healthy vital chaos & anarchy.

They have to make it look much worse than it is, or we would see that it has many benefits, namely unloading their parasitic arses.

The sinister patricians so love & are addicted to a sterile, rigid, corpselike society. Corpsobots.

Don't you notice how ineffective all the 'prevented' terrorism is?
Can't blow up underwear,
Can't blow up shoe,
Can't blow up SUV,

but amazingly on 911 they got hollywood special effects 'lucky' several times over.

Those who want to PRETEND to take care of us have to keep us scared.

Just like Boehner is now saying we have to cut Social Security to pay for all the pointless wars for imaginary things.

When do you get angry,
when do you get wickedly angry?

(Heavy Sigh) not holding my breath for that one to happen.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
An obscene billion dollars paid by Canadian slaves to protect the puppets and masters, to remain in servitude, and those who protest will be hurt, harm, denigrated and thrown into dog cages.

If this is not living in the twilight zone, what else are we liviing in? Paradise lost? And the slaves still refuse to wake up and get out of the twilight zone?

new topics

top topics

join