It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to supply Palestinians with fifty Russian-made armored vehicles within days.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Russia sending armored vehicles to West Bank

www.presstv.ir...

We have sent the Palestinians 50 armored vehicles, they have arrived in Jordan, and we hope that they will arrive here in the next few days," Lavrov told reporters in the occupied West Bank on Tuesday.

The Russian official's remark came after meetings with acting Palestinian Authority Chief Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman.

Earlier in 2008, Israel allowed the Russian Defense Ministry to supply the vehicles in two shipments of 25 each, AFP reported.

However, the delivery has so far been delayed as Israel argued that the shipment could fall into the hands of the Palestinian Resistance Movement of Hamas.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by marmitenews]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Interesting. Is this being reported anywhere else yet? I'm sure there are some who will make connections to Russia's being forced to to stop dealing with Iran due to the sanctions and calling this still selling to Iran by proxy. Seems Israel may already hinting toward that. So what is Israel's take here exactly? That no country should be allowed to be prepared for what might befall them? Defensive weapons? Because "someone" thinks they shouldn't have them? Well I think Israel should not have nukes. Someone please do something about that? Ugh.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Without reading further into this than the OP's link, how are they going to get them there?

Israel has a tight blockade? Hard to hide armoured vehicles in sacks of rice.

edit

"The delivery of the armored troop transport vehicles has been negotiated with all the countries involved. They will be delivered by sea from July to September," said the officer, who declined to be named.

The 50 armored vehicles, which are being provided by the Russian Defence Ministry, are ready to be dispatched, he added.

link answered my own question, 'negotiated with all the countries involved' - So Israel is happy I suppose, they don't do anything they are not happy with.

[edit on 29/6/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Why allow armoured vehicles through now though?

It took the flotilla massacre for Israeli's to ease the blockade enough to allow in biscuits and mayo but this makes no sense at all?

[edit on 29-6-2010 by marmitenews]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

No way. If they won't allow chocolate or cement, they are certainly not allowing armored vehicles?

I can't get link to come up...it is trying, but it is very, very slow. Is this a credible news outlet? Not Sorcha Faal is it?

If it is credible, then I would suspect that the shipment will be stopped and turned around or offloaded into the sea!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Appears it is true, and Israel did originally approve it! Since the original approval, they have been trying to stop it, but now it appears that Russia is intending to deliver.

www.ynetnews.com...

www.haaretz.com...

www.kuwaittimes.net...

mobile.news.ebru.tv...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What the fudge is going on? Seriously not sure what the Russian motives are here. Other sources;

www.haaretz.com...

forums.navy.ca...

To add getreadyalready you beat me to it!
[edit on 29-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well the vehicles are allegedly in Jordan?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The link was defence news, I usually think they are credible, not much more than we already know from this thread tho.

another thought, well if your going to allow something it goes without saying you know the details etc... What's the odds those vehicles have tracking, de-mobilisation and bugging stuff fitted discreetly?

[edit on 29/6/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

What could Israel have been thinking when they approved it?

Now, with the recent escalation of tensions along the blockade, it seems Russia is trying to provoke Israel into standing behind their original agreement or acting aggressively to stop the action? Why would Russia want to escalate the situation further at this very moment in time?

Are the trying to align the sides Russia/Iran/Palestine vs. US/Israel/UK?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marmitenews

well it took the Gasing of 6million jews to get Israel
now wounder how much blood it will take for a palestine

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
These are going to the West Bank not Gaza.I'm not sure weather there is a blockade into the West Bank or not ,i thought Israels relations with Abbas were better than with Hamas.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by INQUISITION11]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by INQUISITION11

These are going to the West Bank not Gaza.I'm not sure weather there is a blockade into the West Bank or not ,i thought Israels relations with Abbas were better than with Hamas.

That.
Well, almost that.
There is no blockade in the West Bank. Why evil genocidal murderous Israel is not blockading West Bank - i do not know. It surely has nothing to do with the fact that there are no rockets fired from West Bank into Israel. No sir.
And the reason Abbas uses to get those shiny toys is to help him prevent Hamas from gaining upper hand in West Bank too. This is why Israel is happy, Fatah is happy, Russia is happy. Hamas - i do not know.
p.s
Though i am pretty stunned that people do not know that blockade is only on Gaza and only after Israel proper was bombarded for long time and Hamas took over. It got nothing to do with anti-Israeli propaganda too. No sir 2.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Actually Palestinians had 2 chances to get Palestine. Without blood or gasing. In 1948 and in Camp David.
But since for some it is not as much about getting Palestine as it is about getting Jews out - no wonder that there is nothing gained. With blood or without.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Quick question, why is it ok for America to supply Israel with weapons, but not ok for Russia or anyone for that matter to supply Palestine with weapons, or in this case armoured vehicles

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Quicker question: Why it was ok for Israel to supply Palestinian authority with weapons but not ok for Russia to supply Palestinian authority with weapons?
Super quick answer - it is ok for both and both supplied Palestinian authority with weapons.
So i fail to get your point.
Unless it is of course:
why it is not ok to supply Gaza with weapons? - in that case Gaza in actively hostile to Israel so like in any war Israel chooses to prevent its adversary from getting weapons in any form it can.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

mmmh proper bombing Israel , i love that statement
couple of fireworks and its bombing

well lets look at today

Israel can still return to its international boarders and we can live in peace

edit to add if peace cant be reached
we could always use a nuke on the area israel and palestine are the idiots of the middle east? i doubt israel would give back land and palestinians wiould accept it, that way both people meet their makers (both infadels and genatiles
)

[edit on 29-6-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I would surely like to see coward israeli' commando's storm a Russian ship, especially when its full of military hardware, and probably personell.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

mmmh proper bombing Israel , i love that statement couple of fireworks and its bombing

If to you "couple of fireworks" equals thousands of rockets,smallest ones with half-kilogram of explosives and biggest ones with tens kilograms and range of
10 km that together killed 28 people in Israel and 6 people in Gaza itself - then there is nothing left to say.
And as for your humane "peace plan" - even most radical/racist fanatical elements in Israel,Palestine ,Iran ,Syria and ctr do not suggest to stop current conflict (that took lives of tens of thousands in 80 years it goes on) by killing more then 10 million people. All they want is to throw other side out. And there is a lot of hate involved,on both sides.
I wonder what has to be involved to suggest what you suggested then. I really do not know the answer so help me out,will you?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

We have sent the Palestinians 50 armored vehicles, they have arrived in Jordan, and we hope that they will arrive here in the next few days," Lavrov told reporters in the occupied West Bank on Tuesday.

From the OP. Israel (and Palestinian autonomy) and Jordan have land border. What ship? What commandos?
I would surely like to see people actually read the post they reply to. But maybe it is a cowardly approach. Better to come in and fire right away.
And if you want to read about military engagements between Israel and Soviet (as close as it gets to modern Russian federation) forces - you can read about 6 days war and Yom Kippur war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join