It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I am a new poster but a long reader.
I live in Quebec, Canada, and I speak French. English is my secondary language, so excuse my grammar.

Well, I would like to know how do you think?

I mean, you do not learn how to think in school. Everyone has it's own way to do it and I would like to know how you do this.

Do you speak to yourself, see images...
What do you see when you have to go to the drugstore? Do you see the word drugstore? the building? something else?

And another question is how does the deaf people think if they don't know how to speak? They sure don't think in sign language.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by static-override

Well, I would like to know how do you think?

Hey...we are asking the questions here..!

Great question...read this: Seeing Voices: A Journey Into the World of the Deaf by Oliver Sacks (1989)

Enjoy and cya on the boards.

* edit for horrible grammar

[edit on 29-6-2010 by facelift]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by static-override

I would highly recommend the Subject of nonduality, Advaita Vedanta, and a book called Space Cruiser Inquiry ....which coincidentally basically is a blue-print for how the ego (which is just all thoughts) operates ...how the mind was formulated and programmed based on culture, peers, parents, society, age were in, trends, etc.

This book and subjects I mentioned above are EXTREMELY potent for you to understand yourself and how you operate, and others. However in as little as a year ....the craziest thing happens ...you begin to notice the intricacies of other peoples' egos/personality complexes.

In effect you begin to know others better than they know themselves simply because you have been examining how you operate and why .......whereas 99.999999% percentile of the world have no clue why they do what they do.

You are asking a good question........ hopefully it will lead you to absolute truth if you stick with the self inquiry process long enough.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by dominicus]

join