It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't be misled...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
With all the insanity and craziness in today's world, if something doesn't cause at least a little fear and confusion in your life, you must not be paying any attention. We all know something is going on. I can't remember the last time I felt like our Gov't could be trusted to tell us the Truth, can you?

Do we just give up? I say a thousand times, no! So what if we all die today or 6 months from now? Live your life, enjoy whatever it is you enjoy, and love those who mean something to you! Guard your personal peace and serenity jealously, my friends, because if we have these two things we will be allright whatever happens. Let no one take these things from you, they do not have that right.

Where has our Faith gone? We talk the talk but do we walk the walk? I don't care much for religion, but I love Spirituality, and I love God. Some say belief in God is delusional, that He is just a fantasy, dreamed up by man in an attempt to deal with our fear of the unknown and unexplainable. I just don't feel that way. I'm not putting this thread up to convince anyone of anything, or act all Superior and haughty about my Beliefs. These times are humbling to us all, again, if we are paying attention. Sometimes I am ashamed to be a human being, with the terrible way we treat each other, all the evil and selfishness, among many other disturbing things. Whatever end comes, I will do my very best to be part of the solution, any solution, rather than part of the problem. I will ask God every day to show me the Truth, even if I don't really want to see or hear the Truth. I ask Him to give me a pure Heart and wisdom because I can't think of anything better to ask for than those character traits.

I've been here on ATS three or four months now, and this is my first thread. There are a lot of fine people here, and some great ideas, but there is also a lot of pure bs, even disinformation. I don't know about you, but I'm gonna go out smiling, and I'm gonna go out greatful. How about you?

[edit on 29-6-2010 by deadred]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I too am spiritual rather than religious and believe in a God or higher power or whatever one chooses to call it. I try to live my life with love and laughter, compassion and awarenes. I hold the earth and all that inhabits this planet as sacred. I never take anyone or anything for granted. I live a simple life and have never owned a new car or a home of my own. Much of my shopping is done at second hand shops or thrift stores. I spend my time with family and friends and treasure the moments that we share.

But to go out smiling in the end...I don't know about that one.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by deadred

"They" said you are a human being.... and you trusted them.

The matrix has you!

RP

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Job well done on your first thread. Star and flag for you.

There is not one of us that have a promise that we will live to see tomorrow.

All we have is this very second and oops...now that's gone.

I too am spiritual and try my best to enjoy every minute of life and encourage others to do the same.

I am prepared for everything from A to Z that could go wrong but that just comes natural for me.

What me worry about tomorrow? I am aware and continue to have faith that I will be OK.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
the title of your thread is certainly apt. Your telling people that fear and confusion are necessary??

I, for one, would much rather use common sense and reason to direct m actions as opposed to fear and confusion.

I applaud the tone of the message your trying to send, but it is my opinion that belief in god entails the removal of fear from your life

[edit on 6/29/10 by CSquared288]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by deadred

Im going out taken them all witz me smillen cause I know the universe will be purged of such ignorance with knowledge. I see you popssess a strong faith base and tht is nice to see say that wy no matter what and you may find more powerfull things out about yourself...Star and flag friend...

new topics

top topics

join