It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political madness And Solutions For A Better World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I was up all night/early morning. Between the heat, humidity and all the thoughts going around and around in my head, I couldn't sleep. In the silence I looked out at the darkened skies, alone in my solitude and reverie. I have been thinking for a very long time about the world and the chaos and insanity that has become the norm. I was thinking about greedy corporations and governments and how money and power matter more than human lives.

How many things have we fought for over the years to no avail? All the while watching as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It has always been us against them and things are getting progressively worse.

People gather together on Facebook and forums etc. to speak of the injustices, to share thoughts and feelings. I want to know what the best solutions are. Do we write and call our representatives? Do our votes count when we elect our officials? Do we try for peaceful protests? Do we do those things and more?

We have people starving all over the world when there is no need. We have cruel and greedy corporations and governments without a conscience, who think more of money and power than human lives. This is sick! We have people who are jobless, people without medical. Our environment is polluted, wildlife is dying, people are dying.

We desperately need to save the earth and ourselves. We need alternative resources that won't devestate the eco system, wildlife and human beings. Greedy corporations and governments need to be held accountable for their greed in whatever manner it takes place, for failing us.

People of today are far too complacent sitting back and letting others try to take care of things. Each and every one of us united together can make a difference. We have to.

Think of the starving people who are nothing but bone and skin and silent tears with voices that are not heard. Think of the people who have no clean water to drink. Think of the people who desperately need medical care and will die without it. Think of the environment, our air, water and food, all the things in which we need in order to survive and all the pollution. Think of all the injustices in our world and ask yourself, will I sit idly by and allow it to continue?

What are the answers? Where do we even begin?
This thread was made not to discourage, but to come together in awareness and compassion. Share your insights and suggestions. We need each other more than ever. It matters not how many miles seperate us, but how we can unite in spite of them.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Night Star]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

But what can you do about it?

You cant argue against the injustices of the world cause they are an abstraction - a creation of a thousand other chaotic events.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I honestly don't know, but to see the kind of world we are leaving our children breaks my heart. By the time I am long gone I cannot imagine the depths of despair they may be facing. People are losing rights and are controlled without a say in the matter. Will they too feel so powerless and frustrated? It saddens me that the rich people in power who can make the biggest difference of all in the world for the good of all, choose not to.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
It saddens me that the rich people in power who can make the biggest difference of all in the world for the good of all, choose not to.

I dont think that they choose not too, i personally think that they cant make any difference whatever their wealth.

I think that there are some problems money cant solve.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Wow Night Star, Im surprised this didnt get much more action. Im pretty sure a lot of us around here are feeling the same pain you are.

The one thing I have really only ever been able to think of, of something that could be done by the rich, is to start sinking their money into some of the free energy projects we know have been invented.

I mean I know if I was filthy rich, I would start looking hard at the guy that has invented the car that runs on water. I would back him up, buy some cars and just start selling them here. Or I would look at the guy that has invented the machine that turns garbage back into oil, and start trying to utilize that on a more grand scale. Im pretty sure we have figured out how to take the salt out of water that isnt a long drown out process. To be able to turn dry fields into food, even if starting on small scale for people to be able to feed themselves is a great baby step to take.

So I do think there is a starter solution if the rich really wanted to do something. Sadly Im just a po folk with a rich idea.

I get mad when we think we can afford to spend millions on a new stadium, but we pay teachers and law enforcement and firemen a pittance. Dont even get me started on the contracts the players make. Americans really do need to change their priorities.
Wouldnt it be great if just one day, all the people that spend $100 bucks for tickets to see a game decided to give it to a food or homeless shelter. Can you imagine how many that would feed? It would also give a clear message to the players and owners that we dont appreciate their greed.I mean if you look at these numbers, a stadium that holds 75,000 people if all gave the hundred to something worthwhile instead in their own city would be $750,000.00. Now times that by the 14 games played over the weekend and you get $105,000,000.00. That is a lot of money and could feed a lot of people. You could do that with concerts as well. The price to see a show these days is nuts.

So that is another thought of mine anyway, and all peaceful as well.

You are right, it is insane. I would just love to read the headlines one day that read The People Strike.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Onehuman, I had forgotten all about this thread. Thank you so much for replying! You have some wonderful ideas that would do so much good in the world.

top topics

join