It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invasion! U.S. 'sanctuary city' succumbs to illegals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ain't that nice?

1st municipality to fire all public employees after being forced into bankruptcy

Mexican flag flies at Maywood, Calif., post office

A California "sanctuary city" has fallen victim to illegal immigration – going bankrupt and firing all of its public employees, Jerome Corsi's Red Alert reports.

The city of Maywood, Calif., hit the budget wall after it decided not only to be a sanctuary city, but to be a completely "safe haven" for illegal aliens seeking protection from deportation.

"Predictably, mainstream media newspapers, including the Financial Times in London, chose to present Maywood as a victim to the recession, rather than to tell the whole story – that Maywood fell victim to illegal immigration," Corsi wrote.

"Crushed by the recession and falling tax revenues, the city is disbanding the police force and firing all public sector employees," Matthew Garrahan wrote in the Financial Times, never mentioning that illegal immigration was the problem.

Maywood is a small town comprising only about 1.2 square miles on the southern border of Los Angeles. More than 96 percent of its residents are Hispanic. The town's official population is listed at 29,000 but may be nearly 45,000 when illegal aliens living in Maywood are counted.

One down, tens of thousands to go.

Maywood didn't meet insurer's conditions

Left without insurance as of July 1, the Maywood City Council decided this week to lay off nearly all of its employees, disband its police force and pay neighboring Bell to run the city.

The insurance authority placed Maywood on a 20-point Performance Improvement Plan last August, the first California city subjected to such an action, said Bob May, a risk consultant for the organization. Included was an agreement to hire an experienced city manager by Dec. 31, 2009.

In addition, Maywood at the time owed the insurance authority $927,135. Last July 1, Maywood became the first city put on a payment plan by the insurance authority, May said. Maywood has been making interest-only payments since then.

Officials with groups and associations that track California cities say Maywood is the only municipality they can recall that has dismissed virtually all of its employees. Next week, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department will begin patrolling the working-class city southeast of downtown Los Angeles.

Though Maywood officials stopped short of filing for bankruptcy or even giving up the city's municipal status, the city faced daunting problems, given its history of lawsuits that mainly involved the Police Department, if it lost its insurance coverage.

It's true that the city is screwed. But is it REALLY because of illegals?

I think it's more of an insurance thing, corruption and lack of political will.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ahahahahahahaahahahaha.

Awesome news!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think it's because of the illegals.

I have seen what happens to places when large groups of illegals move in. It's not pretty. They tear everything up they can get their hands on.

These peiople were willing to break laws to get here. they simply do not care.

How this city choose to become a haven for these people is beyond me and the stupidest move yet. It says 96 % are Mexican, so they let all their brothers and sisters and cousins come in and look what happens.

This is why we must stop illegal immigration Now.

You know.. I''m sure more than a few people told city officials this would come back to bite them in the ass. They should have listened.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
An interesting follow-up to this is another article which says they weren't really savvy when it came to hiring police officers and that the large number of lawsuits against the police crashed the city budget and put the city into bankruptcy.

One blog story identifies an officer by name, and gives dates and links that make the officer in question look rather like a sociopath:
www.lewrockwell.com...

(irony alert) It seems that not ALL the government is gone. The mayor, city attorney, and elected officials get to keep their jobs. How nice for them. I believe that it was the mayor and city attorney and elected officials that made this very decision: gawker.com... (/irony alert)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This sort of thing really fires me up. I dont understand how many more times crap like this has to happen before people will wake up and realize what the heck is going on. Part of me believes its too late

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
More here

Yeah, I know it's WND but has pictures, one of which reads "ILLEGAL EUROPEAN INVADERS GO BACK TO EUROPE". Still think it's not about illegal immigration?

[edit on 6/29/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
And just think.. since its a 'sanctuary city' all the illegal drug cartel people from Arizona can go there for another safe place and get supplies.

I just do not see how the federal Government can allow a city to adopt a stand like this.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Maywood is already being discussed here www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
At least they stuck to their plan...

www.cityofmaywood.com... view=article&id=52&Itemid=76

new topics

top topics

join