It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomber planes Flying low in Massachusetts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Bomber planes Flying low in Massachusetts

lib.store.yahoo.net

i cant find anything online about this just looking to see if you might know anything
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
lib.store.yahoo.net

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
twice in the last month my freinds and I have witnessed low flying ...what looks to us as bomber planes ..flying over head ..we are not 100% sure if they are or not but seem pretty interesting for a couple of reasons first off being that the only military base that is close by was shut down when i was a kid ...FT. Devens .... my father was stationed there .... and that the town they flew over ....clinton, Ma ..... holds the resevour that suplies Boston with drinking water .....we never seen anything like it before ...i didnt happen to get a picture of the planes but i found this image that resembles the planes we saw not sure if this is the exact one just looks like the ones we saw....i will be keeping a camera handy in case we see them again .... just putting this on the site maybe an explination why these planes would be in this area .....thanks in advance for any speculations

lib.store.yahoo.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I too recently noticed an increase in military activity. In Houston, Tx I noticed what looked like 2 F-16's flying over. While we do have Air Force Bases close by, very rarely do we see 2 flying in formation, with what looked like extended range equipment (large fuel tanks under wings).

en.wikipedia.org...

I am assuming they where scouting the gulf (oil spill) or running training exercises in case war breaks out.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
im still trying to figure out if this is a serious thread or an advertisement for the radio controlled airplane in the link provided.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What the heck is this post about?

Your News source is just a link to a photo of a remote controlled model plane.

The plane in question is a WW2 era bomber.

They do fly around you know.

If you had done some research

Just where I live there is a branch of the Commemorative Air Force.

It is a group of people that own old military planes.

I see these planes flying all the time around here.

You can even pay for a ride in them. there is probably a airport near by where it is at.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by diggsnicca

If you are seeing a B-29 flying around, I would check to see where there are any air shows in the area. They are decommissioned and not used in combat anymore. The new stuff used Jet propulsion and not turbo prop.

They are quite cool to see fly though. I wouldn't worry about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
my bad about the picture but that was the only picture i could find that resembles the planes we saw just posting it here to see why these plane would be flying in our area....ive lived here for almost 15 years and never seen anything like them flying around here before

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We have air shows at Plymouth Airport. its about $500 to fly on the old B17. Mostly fuel and insurance costs.

Hanscom Airforce base also has big airshows now and then. I have worked a few. Low flying B52, B2, and many others. During the Gulf War F117 flew in nightly to refuel.

If anything strange flys here you can be sure I will post pretty quick as I travel the between Boston and the south shore daily.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by IntelRetard]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
and there was not any air shows in the area

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There was an airshow in RI over the weekend:

www.riairshow.org...

Also MA for some reason is a hotbed of eccentric vintage military aircraft collectors. I've lived all over the country but have never encountered as many-- nor as serious a crowd-- as those I found in MA.

top topics

join