It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez denounces Israel as a 'genocidal' government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Chavez denounces Israel as a 'genocidal' government

www.independent.co.uk

"Someday the genocidal state of Israel will be put in its place, in the proper place and hopefully a real democratic
state will be born," Mr Chavez said. "But it has become the murderous arm of the Yankee empire - who can doubt it? - which threatens all of us."

Yesterday Mr Assad called Israel a state "based on crime, slaughter."

"It's a state without limits," he said through an interpreter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Heh-heh, say what you will about Chavez, but one thing's for certain, this guy never seems shy to call out the big boys and say exactly what's on his mind.

His comments on Dubya and his ever-criminalistic admin's policies were priceless, and he was one of the few gov heads to openly and ferociously call them out. Now whether or not such is said from a state of hypocracy is the subject of heated debate, as I don't think anyone will be accusing Chavez of being a choir boy himself, but I must admit he has always cracked me up with his brazenness, and having no fear to say out loud what most figureheads are far too intimidated to do.

Get ready for the backlash to this though...

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I have to agree. Chavez is his own man and although his politics can be deemed as questionable, whose isn't in this day and age, he does call out the hypocrisy in the world.

Here's part one of a BBC Hardtalk interview. It is a good one and Chavez is grilled on a number of issues, but comes across as an intelligent voice of reason.

Visit the Youtube page for the remaining parts.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

gen·o·cide

The systematic and widespread extermination or attempted extermination of an entire national, racial, religious, or ethnic group.

dictionary reference.com

It's not an unfair assessment in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

And you keep a whole nation of people under siege and you expect feelings of hate not to be fostered. I am embarrassed to be English when we do nothing about this situation. Yes, there's lots of talk, but that's all there is.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Hey buddy don't jump down my throat.

If you ask me it's my nation under siege. And most of you foreigners are crazy. Your petty wars and conflicts are a threat to my way of life. I've never done anything wrong to anyone. But yet I have to suffer because of something that happens on the other side of the world?

I hope when your next war starts my government tells you all to go to hell and shuts the boarders.

We don't need you.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Relax, it wasn't a dig at you, but commenting on how Israel keeps a nation under siege. Sorry if my post was misread.

Edit to say: You are probably right, most of us are crazy, especially those running foreign policy. I am totally losing the plot with the UK. Nothing makes sense. Inane wars, billions of debt, no jobs - life's good!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"Chavez denounces Israel as a 'genocidal' government"

But this does seem to be true if they want to bring about the end times so they can all go to heaven and what are they going to do with 1.5bn pi$$ed off muslims if they destroy the temple mount so they can build a new temple/church that they are already building parts for.

must we all under go WWIII for a bit of land when we are not even the chossen ones because i don't remember anyone asking me.

Israel as we speak is in Irans back yard with nuclear subs it got from uncle sam so don't go getting upset if Iran hits back at the USA/UK and you see people dieing because that is the price of sitting back and letting religious nut jobs go on a crusade to a country that has done no harm to us.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I just friggin' love Chavez, he's the only sane person in the entire UN and the only one who actually tells it like it is.

Like openly accusing the United States for using HAARP for weather modification and earthquakes

Priceless...

We have an ally in our quest for the truth in a higher position than we could ever imagine.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
I just friggin' love Chavez, he's the only sane person in the entire UN and the only one who actually tells it like it is.

Like openly accusing the United States for using HAARP for weather modification and earthquakes

Priceless...

We have an ally in our quest for the truth in a higher position than we could ever imagine.

You must try to live here in Venezuela to see how much you can love Chavez, is so damn easy love him living in a first world country, most in Europe, come here and i will be your guide to your marvelous ally.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Haha. This is his third or fourth volley in a week. North Korea's tally is about the same.

Wonder if this will merit a warning" from the US, like the warning to N. Korea about "aggravating tensions. I think Chavez's last warning was earlier this year about weapons proliferation and buying from Russia.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

It is always good to get first-hand accounts of people living in the countries we all talk about. What are the most important issues affecting your life under the rule of Chavez?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

It is always good to get first-hand accounts of people living in the countries we all talk about. What are the most important issues affecting your life under the rule of Chavez?

Well, lets see, there are a list of people who sign the petition for a Referendum to end his presidency, they have used that to ban people from public administration, deny jobs, i asked for a job and they say to me "no, you are in the list".

He start a nationalization of a lot of big industries, they are all broke now, in my region is very hard because it was the main motor of the economy, now all is stopped.

The crime rate is rising, rising, rising every day.

If you need medical attention in an hospital, they are so bad that you must bring your own needles.

We are going to have elections soon, there a lot of doubts about the electronic system and he thread us saying that if the other parties win the majority then we will have war, that they are going to wipe us, that his revolution is of love but they have weapons, tanks, planes.

Now is becoming hard to find butter, milk, meat, lol, can be funny to someones, but is not, food is disapearing slowly, the worst is that in the last weeks have been found hundred thousands of rotting food in containers, food that was suppose to go to the gov supermarkets because even that they have taken.

He have control over all the gov, courts, attorneys, he denied but he had said in public that he gave orders to arrest people.

And always all the problems are the CIA, US, Media Fault, he is perfect but is the others that doesnt let him in peace, and we "the rich, oligarch" are the bad here, btw, im not rich, but that doesnt matter, if you oppose him you work for the CIA, you are white and you dont like him because he is not white, you are a rich kid, you dont love the country, you are crazy, etc etc.

Of course he have a big propaganda machine and is very easy for a lot of people in Europe and US to believe him, but hey, if someone wants to see the revolution come here and take a look.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by MonteroReal]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

If i offended you in any way i'm sorry, was never my intention.

Just don't think though that living in a "developed" country is easy, i work my balls of for 12/1300 euro's per month, of which i have about 200 euro's left after paying all the bills (obligated health insurance 120 euro's each per month, rent 400 euro's, gas and electrics 200 euro's, water 200 euro's, just for starters) it's a good thing my wife is able to work in the grey zone and make some extra bucks, otherwise we wouldn't be able to eat (2 euro's for a bread is quite normal nowadays)

Don't think that just because our countries look good on the outside, that they are also on the inside, we are all hit hard by the parasites which only goal is to suck humanity dry of every last penny and piece of freedom we have.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

200 Euros a month or year for water? I'm flabbergasted water is so expensive over there in Holland. Stick to the Amstel!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
*Sigh*

Can't help but love Hugo Chavez. I mean come on, he threw big oil out on the curb for god sakes!

Venezuela, one of the only countries in the world that doesn't import foreign oil!

He tells it like it is. Maybe the language is a bit extremist, but either way that's how Israel is currently portraying itself.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

If i offended you in any way i'm sorry, was never my intention.

Just don't think though that living in a "developed" country is easy, i work my balls of for 12/1300 euro's per month, of which i have about 200 euro's left after paying all the bills (obligated health insurance 120 euro's each per month, rent 400 euro's, gas and electrics 200 euro's, water 200 euro's, just for starters) it's a good thing my wife is able to work in the grey zone and make some extra bucks, otherwise we wouldn't be able to eat (2 euro's for a bread is quite normal nowadays)

Don't think that just because our countries look good on the outside, that they are also on the inside, we are all hit hard by the parasites which only goal is to suck humanity dry of every last penny and piece of freedom we have.

Maybe they are not sooo good in the inside, but they are much better than Venezuela.

At least you have 200 euros let, come here and ask poor people how much money they win every month, the majority cant paid half of the food they need monthly, yes, there are very cheap things here, electricity, water, oil, we have a lot so is cheap, but that doesnt mean everything is, you win 1300 euros a month? im a proffesional, from a good university and my last work i got like 560 euros.

Here the basic food is like 849 euros a month, lol, Chavez says im rich, make the numbers.

Im not offended, but one must live here to claim that Chavez is a great guy.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

About 200/300 for the water per year.......

..........and about 150 per month for the use of the water network >

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
*Sigh*

Can't help but love Hugo Chavez. I mean come on, he threw big oil out on the curb for god sakes!

Venezuela, one of the only countries in the world that doesn't import foreign oil!

He tells it like it is. Maybe the language is a bit extremist, but either way that's how Israel is currently portraying itself.

~Keeper

We dont need to import, and he didnt trow out big oil companies, or most, only exxon and Conoco, the others are still here, BP one of those and Chevron too, Bush must be happy.

P.S. Ill be back later, im going to watch football, the real one

[edit on 29-6-2010 by MonteroReal]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I was under the impresion he threw out all oil companies that were foreign. Ohh well, either way he did at least throw SOME out.

More than any other country has done in a while without being attacked or sanctioned to death.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join