It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your source?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Sorry for the late reply FaceOff85, enjoying the weather.

Well, not really overseas news, which is badly covered in my view, but news from here in the Netherlands. I'm talking about football hooliganism that happens every match day. It is hardly ever brought up. I do like the way the police deal with it (let them get on with it, then pick up the pieces).

I'm talking about how many people get murdered here and how they are reported. e.g. :

A while ago, here in Hilversum, a policeman killed his wife, kids and then himself. In an end of year report I saw these murders were not included. There are others.

I'm talking about eastern European mobs owning a lot of private housing and all the other shady stuff these types do.

I'm talking about the 'open air asylum' this place is and how much trouble 'people with possibilities' cause in their neighbourhood.

The failed social experiment of tolerance and liberal drug policy. etc etc.

Everybody here is looking through their fingers..weet je? It only appears like it's working because a: It's not reported. b: The relatively new trend of Dutch people flaunting their wealth and not letting anything threaten that.

Since the Euro came (my opinion) a 'society sickness' has grown.

I know many journalists that do the hard work only for their bosses to shelve it. Sex sells on TV here in NL, bottom line.

Still, love this place, tomorrow Brazil and lots of people getting along very well. Hup Holland.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Hmm you really busted my bubble there... I wasn't aware that NL covers up such important topics... As for the police... They have way to much authority here and I truly detest our policeforce... just look at the bull-sh*t law of having a set quotum of traffic-tickets the police is obliged to write out each year... Its nothing more then a corporation aiming for profit these days.. If someone steals your motorbike and you've got the name and adress, the police wont even do jack to return your property... but at the same time they go out on the roads en-masse when weather gets good..

I loved the Netherlands-Brazil game... Kind off weak soccerplay but the end-result was genius

And I do agree with you about the euro changing things for the worse... Altough I do think that whole concept has a ton more factors in play...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
the answer is so simple, as to what is the source
don't we know by now, it is ATS, but of course?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join