It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis, schizophrenia FALSE link

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I believe that Marijuana should be banned in all forms.
I have been smoking it for some years now and have developed severe mental problems that I directly associate with it.
There are many many many proven cases where Marijuana has caused Schizophrenia and this is a real risk, even if you are a light smoker.
It's a fact, smoking the herb causes mental and physical problems. AVOID.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
im sorry you feel that way ..are you sure your smoking habits didnt just unveil a mental issue that was already there ?

secondly .i shall ignore your advice as its crap .

have a nice day ..

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GwanFather
There are many many many proven cases where Marijuana has caused Schizophrenia and this is a real risk, even if you are a light smoker.
It's a fact, smoking the herb causes mental and physical problems. AVOID.

Feel free to give links to some of these 'proven cases'

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
and for the record, I blame pot (and '___' but mostly pot) for my mental "illness". It made me think too much. Also, I'm smart enough to know what is real and what isn't. I can go through my life and live a completely normal lifestyle. Some schizophrenics, I believe, allow themselves to fall into madness because they easily get wrapped up in their thoughts. I, however, understand my thinking patterns very well. I will always be sane. I can always stay on top of it. I just perceive myself as a unique thinker. I believe anyone can fall into schizophrenic thinking under the right circumstances. Everyone has it to some degree. Just be careful not to let yourself fall off the edge.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities; specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, dicussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Our neurons work different from individual to individual. How Cannabis or psychiatric medication affects us is never with exact details but on a different level.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
it's difficult to say wether personal experience has any bearing on this topic at all, well in a country that marijuana is illegal

the first reasoning for this is that when it is illegal, it is grown on the street and not subject to safety laws, thus fertilizers and chemicals to make it grow faster or larger might be used and make there way into the consumable bud, making it perhaps toxic or have different qualities and effects when consumed

also, street 'dealers' are known to lace their marijuana with drugs such as PCP and coc aine, to enhance it so they can make more profit off of it ( of course the buyer will have no way of knowing this apon buying ) which could explain why someone would try marijuana and unknowingly be consuming PCP or coc aine and thus have extremely adverse reactions to it

any 'test' to decide the link between schizophrenia and marijuana should be conducted in way that those factors are known not to be present

one could also point out that marijuana is similiar to alcohol, in the fact that different people have different tolerances for it, some people consume all day just to remain 'level headed' and others can get 'intensely high' off just a small amount

so for a person to consume marijuana in that regard, and then say they had schizophrenic effects really has no meaning in this conversation due to those factors and unknowns

but really, one person's effects off something don't tell us anything about how something will effect us all, because we are all different

i do agree though, there is no connection between marijuana and schizophrenia ( marijuana will not make a normal person schizophrenic )

as as for people who have a family history of mental illness of any kind, i beleive, as noted from witness in medical communities, that only about 1 in 1000 or less will somehow have a 'mental illness gene' 'activated'

ultimately, it being illegal and having to go to extreme lengths in society and deal with the crazy and criminal world just to obtain a plant is what would make someone go insane

nice post, thanks for sharing

[edit on 8/13/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
I am literally unable to consume cannabis in any way.

Cannabis DOES make me go completely insane.

I've had full blown conversations with myself, God, and Satan (Or so I perceived), had extremely cold sweats, written many fantastical things - I am completely and utterly delusional and incomprehensible with cannabis.

I do not ever have an episode like this. I only feel this way with cannabis and I have done other recreational activities.

Sorry to tell you, but no amount of research you show me will tell me otherwise what I know for myself.

Would I classify what I went through as being schizo? I don't know.. I've never been schizo before.

But it wasn't good.

For example - one night I saw the universe explode into an ocean numbers all perfectly crystallized and repeating EXTREMELY fast and the numbers were white on a black screen - but it was all in my brain, right before my eyes, the explosion in my ears - and the whole thing repeated itself multiple times that night while I tried to function (i.e. - walk to the room, drink some water/milk, watch TV - anything to make it go away). In this particular incident, I remember the explosion sounded just like the sound of a monster being killed in The Legend of Zelda for the regular nintendo - happening RIGHT IN MY SKULL at about 300 decibals.

Over and over and over.

And entire ocean of numbers that wouldn't fit in my house if each number was 1 cubic millimeter...explosions everywhere.

What kind of insanity? I think about things a lot, but there is no excuse for my brain having severe dysfunction everytime I would smoke that stuff.

And everyone is doing -so- fine on that stuff. Suits me fine, though, I'm not jealous...

I can't stand the stuff.

I completely agree with this and I do think that cannabis can be the cause of a lot of mental illness. I used to smoke weed everyday for 2 years, I think if you smoke too much of the stuff it can affect your mental health, but in moderation it is fine. I think with some people it can reduce the symptoms of schizoprenia, deppression ect but worsen it after long term use. This is just something I have noticed over the years with smoking it myself and knowing a lot of people, family and friends, who are heavy cannabis smokers including both of my parents.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join