It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rhino survives brutal attack by poachers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Yeah mate, that is just wrong.

I'd be there to lend a hand...
Seeka? Is that you

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

i dont think ill ever understand how someone could be inhumane or just not give a sh*t to do that to an animal. Like seriously take a chainsaw to a poor drugged out animal; just so barbaric like. Doesn't anything go through their minds when they're doing it? Any sort of guilt or remorse? I didn't really realize poaching of elephants and rhinos was still this big of a problem.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Give me a stinger missile and i can take care of the problem.

Its not the fall that would kill them but the sudden stop at the end.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Money brings out the worst in people, poachers are greedy and rather than getting normal jobs they find quick yet disgusting ways of making cash. I agree poachers should be punished severely.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I HAVE A 'PROBLEM' with the REPLIES here !!!!!

After reading through this post and subsequent replies I have to agree with the complete disgust and horror at this event....... For all the talk of give me a missile, give me an 0.50 calibra rifle etc etc etc ............

LETS actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS for a change as opposed to complain about it !!!!!!!

Send this link to people who aren't aware...
Do a print run of that Disgusting picture and hand it out to people, leave it in Chinese, and other Asian restaurants
Leave this in 'Far Eastern' medical / chinese medicine shops .... I know of four in Birmingham, UK which I shall do next week.....

Next time you go for a chinese or other eastern food THINK.... do i care about this or is my desire for a 'chinese' or whatever else MORE IMPORTANT ??? If it is....... Then really you more concerned about yourself and not about this animal and therefore your comments or ramblings on this website mean ABSOLUTELY nothing.......

I'm NOT calling for civil disturbance BUT DIRECT and SPECIFIC POSITIVE ACTION which we can all do if we REALLY care.......

I am SO outraged by this desire by mankind to take take TAKE everything and F*** the consequences that I AM NOW TAKING ACTION..............

Who IS with me here ?????

Or is this JUST HOT AIR on this post ??????

I am interested in your thoughts !!!!!!

Regards

PurpleDog UK

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Thank you ... a very intelligent and HUMANE response to the issue. Shouting about what we would do to them if we caught them, missiles etc. is a natural way of showing our extreme disgust and outrage at this travesty, but your response shows us what we SHOULD be doing.

SPREAD THE WORD. It's not hard to do in this world of viral marketing.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Poaching of rhino horn is becoming so prevalent that the latest in eco-tourism is the following:

In an attempt to protect its animals, a private game reserve in KwaZulu-Natal is de-horning its 12 rhinos. And while conservations say this is not something new, the twist is that guests can help in the de-horning experience.

Link

A desperate attempt to make the rhino less attractive to poachers.

But as I read from the original article that spawned this thread, the poachers stole the baby rhino after de-horning the mother.

Another update on the R44 helicopter being used in the poaching:

Last Sunday a family from Thabazimbi in Limpopo took photographs of a helicopter, an R44, which, they told investigators, had been flying suspiciously over their farm. The aircraft registration numbers had been deliberately covered over. Farmer Piet van Rensburg subsequently posted a photograph of the helicopter on the aviation website, Avcom.

When the helicopter landed on a rocky outcrop, Van Rensburg's son-in-law drove up to have a closer look. But before he could confront the occupants the helicopter flew off, as if to escape scrutiny.

Other postings said the same helicopter was spotted flying low in the Bela Bela and Modimole areas earlier that week. The identity and ownership of the helicopter spotted on the Van Rensburgs' farm is known to Independent Newspapers.

Link

I expect to hear of arrests VERY soon!

Linked is the picture to the R44 helicopter suspected:
Most Wanted Helicopter in South Africa

[edit on 7/7/2010 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The last remaining adult rhino in the Krugersdorp Game Reserve has been murdered - this is just 10 miles from my home. This week was absolute carnage:

He had heard that poachers had struck at several places in the country on Wednesday night and that a rhino had also been poached near Mafikeng.

What is going on? I thought we were winning this war?

Johannesburg - The last remaining adult rhino in the Krugersdorp game reserve has been killed for her horns.

The rhino's eight-month-old calf, which is still suckling from her, ran around in a daze afterwards, looking for her.

Japie Mostert, game warden and manager of the reserve, found the rhino's body late on Tuesday afternoon at a watering hole near the caravan park.

"Now you can kill me too, then everything is dead," an emotional Mostert said.

Link

[edit on 15/7/2010 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
How can anybody even contemplate doing something like that?

Money. Rich people want these things so they send the poor to get them.

Now I am even more convinced that these people that commit such crimes against these creatures should pay and pay dearly, in pain for causing such pain.
An eye for an eye!
Disgusting, death is much too easy for these people! They must feel the pain!

You can't only blame the people doing the cutting. If it weren't them, it would be others. If you really feel bad you should demand the eyes of the rich who demand these goods in the first place. You know, all the high and mighty people who like to pretend they're god. But even them you cannot blame because they were stupid enough to believe what they believe or to believe what they were told.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

DOESN'T IT make you you proud to be HUMAN !!?

whether your Black, White, Yellow, Straight or Gay, mental or sane, rich or poor, couldn't careless or trying to do something...................

Doesn't this bother you !?

The last of a species in a game reserve and will Humans KILL IT for its horn !!?

To all those rich Brave Holiday hunters and herbal aphrodisiac junkies.................

GO F*** YOURSELVES ......

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I share your anger mate ... I really do. These poachers are clearly not afraid of being caught - this is not some isolated game reserve in the remote bush. This is literally on the outskirts of Johannesburg:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c85da5446218.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Once again, shock, anger and outrage!
This thread MUST be kept alive and on the front page, I have copied the photo and have sent it on to all my friends and they have all promised to keep it moving!
De-Horning may be the only way but then what? What happens to the horn that has been removed?
I say process it, poison it and sell it on and may whoever ends up buying any product containing it suffer the consequences!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Not a bad idea actually ... perhaps taint it with some substance that does the opposite of what they are expecting. Chemical castration?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Exactly, wouldn't that be a suprise!
And it would serve them right too!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join