It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK government Moves to Fluoridate drinking water in more parts of the country autumn 2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
With the recent news of more fluoridation in the UK what better time to reignite the old fluoride debate. Below are some quotes of articles I have found that pertain to the legal proceeding regarding this topic. It seems that residents in the Uk are vehemently opposed to adding fluoride to their water yet the proceedings are still going ahead and more and more doctors are saying stay away from it.

news that people with allergies are not receiving the attention they deserve because their conditions are not properly understood by the medical professionals, brought to mind a friend who was cured of her ME by an especially sensitive GP. As a parting shot when signing her off, he made the vital point that to prevent a relapse she should avoid, at all costs, exposure to artificially fluoridated water.

Link to source

Conservative MP Dr Julian Lewis asked 'whether it remains his [the health minister's] policy that fluoridation of the water supply in Totton and Southampton should not take place without the consent of a majority of the local population.'

Health bosses in Southampton agreed the plans for the city's water in February last year, despite 72% of 10,000 respondents in a public consultation opposing the move.

Link to source

Could the fluoridation of tap water be a conspiracy to push the prices of bottled water up take a look at the article below, £1 for a litre sounds a little fishy to me.

Diners are buying a new version of ordinary water for £1 a litre, 1,000 times more than it would cost if it came out of a tap.

Link to source

Lastly just in case you have been living under a rock for the past few years or indeed are NEW to the site and have not read up on this particular subject here are 10 Facts about fluoride the most important are:

1. Risk to the brain. According to the National Research Council (NRC),

2. Risk to the thyroid gland. According to the NRC, fluoride is an “endocrine disrupter"

3. Risk to bones. According to the NRC, fluoride can diminish bone strength

4. Risk to kidney patients. People with kidney disease have a heightened susceptibility to fluoride toxicity

5. No difference exists in tooth decay between fluoridated & unfluoridated countries.

There is a big conspiracy going here and if we don't stand up and be counted then we will only have ourselves to blame.

Lastly for all the new comers to ATS who aren't aware, Fluoride calcifies a part of your brain called the pineal gland l Heres some information in regards to this:

Pineal Calification Facts

If you are a newcomer from the UK and have recently joined ATS please say in your reply posts as this will reinforce the need for this topic to be discussed again at this crucial time.

FSF

[edit on 29-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
When i first started researching the fluoridation of water i was left flabbergasted and swiftly stopped drinking the stuff.

The mass 'medication' of people in this way is disgusting.
An example being,a baby on formula milk is having WAY over the amount of fluoride that they should be,it's dangerous....what will it do over a LIFETIME?

I've signed a local petition to have it removed but i can't see it happening in the near future as the majority of people don't even realise the dangers associated with fluoridation or,they just don't care

[edit on 29-6-2010 by TheLily]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The goverment are pure evil bastards, adding basically a toxin worse than lead in our water, makes me question whether humans are actually sheep to their leader's (sheperds). Don't question their actions but carry on with grazing on grass.

I don't want fluoride in our water because the knowledge of discoveries finding out, how else fluoride is harmful to us.

To those who decide to let the fluoride be added to my tap water, F*** YOU!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLily
The mass 'medication' of people in this way is disgusting.
An example being,a baby on formula milk is having WAY over the amount of fluoride that they should be,it's dangerous....what will it do over a LIFETIME?

Absolutely spot on IMHO it is a mass medication if you look at this topic through open eyes anyone can see that something is amiss. The local authorities are still pushing ahead with their plans to fluoridate the water despite the people puting them into their positions of power saying NO and that they are against it, surely that rings alarm bells.

In regards to the babies and fluoride..............

Fluoridated water is no longer recommended for babies. In November of 2006, the American Dental Association (ADA) advised that parents should avoid giving babies fluoridated water (3). Other dental researchers have made similar recommendations over the past decade (4).

Babies exposed to fluoride are at high risk of developing dental fluorosis - a permanent tooth defect caused by fluoride damaging the cells which form the teeth (5). Other tissues in the body may also be affected by early-life exposures to fluoride. According to a recent review published in the medical journal The Lancet, fluoride may damage the developing brain, causing learning deficits and other problems

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
In an ASDA store, a sign advertises " Water flouridation - Healthier teeth on tap! " I always want to tear it down when I see it but I work there (student)

Pretty sure I drink flouridated water where Im from. I drink a LOT of tea, so it does worry me.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

Whilst I am in agreement with 99.9% of what you say the fundamental problem I have with this is the way that fluroide interferes with the brain its as if someone at the top wishes us to stop looking for the answers and wants us all to be subservient to them.

Those that meditate and are interested in spiritual belief will indeed know about the strange fascination that the elite have in regards to the pineal gland.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
how is it legal for the goverment to add rat poison to the drinking water?

Thats what it is you know, rat poison. Used to kill rats..

It's unnessary to add to the water anyways, didn't some guys recently state that adding sodium flouride to water has no significant effect on tooth decay?

IM getting too much of this stuff, Ive got it in my toothpaste, my mouthwash both of wich i use twice a day. and even the water.

The only reason i can think of them doing this is because we have a national health service that includes Dental. In their minds they are saving millions, on people who are not needing treatment, thanks to their magical cure... Rat poison.

I think this need to be brought up in parliment, And to be thouroughly reviewed. i think it is pretty scandalous, that this is still being done.

It reminds me of people during victorian times that would add lavander to stale smelly water to clean it, making it pure for drinking and washing.
It smells ok now..drink up.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by MR BOB]

[edit on 29-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Fluoride is a dangerous.

Say no.

If your government is trying to do that, appeal to the UN.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Good! Good! (rubs palms together)

We will finally have the British Isles under our complete control! Ahahahahaha!

Or at least their teeth will be better.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Does anyone have information about which counties already have it? I've searched before and never really found any real information about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Fluoride is a dangerous.

Say no.

If your government is trying to do that, appeal to the UN.

Erm, UN>? are you kidding? the UN are just as involved in dumbing down the population as the local authorities just not in the UK and on a BIGGER scale. Any organisation that profits from peoples suffering should be frowned upon.

Check out the lead players that run the UN and then join the dots with the most infuential people of this world, you will be suprised.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
franspeakfree, could you provide links to the recent news articles stating more fluoridation?? I live in London, and have tried researching whether the tap water here is fluoridated, but had no luck. There is alot of contradictory info online, and the only place it has left me is - Not knowing!

I have tried asking the council, but no one seems to be able to give me an answer on this! One says yes, the other no...... I have almost given up on trying to get answers!!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
Does anyone have information about which counties already have it? I've searched before and never really found any real information about it.

Here you go, heres all the information you need

en.wikipedia.org...

U.S., including Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, Spain, the UK, and Vietnam. An estimated 12 million people in western Europe, 171 million in the U.S. (61.5% of U.S. population[96]), and 355 million worldwide receive artificially fluoridated water, in addition to at least 50 million worldwide who receive water naturally fluoridated to recommended levels.[22]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

What is happening at the moment in regards to fluoridating the water around the UK is the local autorites have basically said, "its good for you, you will thank us in the long run, and it will save on NHS resources" - pockets of communities around the UK are starting petitions and lobbying groups have sprung up opposing these plans to fluoridate the water over the next 6 months. I believe that come September/October we will see the actions passed through the courts and the fluoridating to begin immediately.

In regards to London specifically:

London fluoridated article 2010

the BDA insists water fluoridation is safe. The organisation claims there is no evidence to suggest the proposed levels could cause cancer, bone disease, kidney disease and birth defects.

I guess the medical journals are wrong then and everything they contain needs to be treated as complete garbage! I mean why trust a medical counsel when you have a politician.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

If you are in London chances are you are with Thames Water. We have the same, I do buy bottled water in glass bottles from Highland Springs for my son as it is sourced from Organic Land as well.

Frequently asked water quality questions

Is fluoride added to my water?
Is fluoride added to my water?

We do not add fluoride to our water.

The decision on whether to fluoridate water supplies is taken by your local strategic health authority.

For more information on fluoride please contact your local health authority.

hope this helps ,the Health Authority decides, thus it is worth keeping up to date.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by BANANAMONTANA]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
When you talked about those people saying, fluoride being 'good for you'. I thought of the obvious attempts to brainwash people back in 1940's America.

Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
For anyone wanting to keep tabs on the government's discussions around fluoridisation of water in the UK, i'd recommend:

TheyWorkForYou - Fluoride & Water

According to Simon Burns, Minister for Health HERE

Section 58 of the Water Act 2003 empowers strategic health authorities (SHAs) to contract with water undertakers to fluoridate a water supply after conducting public consultations. It is essential that any consultation gives people a real opportunity to make their views known and that those views are taken into account before a final decision is made.

The decision by South Central SHA to approve the fluoridation of water supplies to the Southampton area is the subject of a judicial review, which is likely to be heard in the autumn, and so due to the legal challenge the Department is unable to comment.

it will be interesting to see the outcome of the review and it may be a landmark case in how things will go for the rest of the country.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This disgusts me. The fact that the minority (the government) wants to poison us with this crap, and even though the majority, who are supposed to be the real ones in charge (the people) say no, they're going to do it anyway.

But I suppose that's catch 22 isn't it? We're in charge, but how do we stop them? They control the people...no, they are the people we go to when people break the law, etc.

Unfortunately, it seems my water is already fluoridated. It's curious, as I usually drink bottled water which I know is not fluoridated. At the moment, I am not and I have a perpetual headache, sore joints and am very low on energy. Could be a number of things, but it will be interesting to see if any of that changes once I get back to the proper water.

With all the things that some people think the pineal gland is responsible for - or should be - it was interesting to see that in the list.

EDIT: One question - can someone clarify the benefits of fluoride? In the fluoridealert link the OP gave, it mentions that it is only beneficial when applied topically. I was under the impression that it was found not to beneficial at all.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If you want to beat the flouridation of your water supply, then there's only 1 real way of doing so. Buy a filter system called "Reverse Osmosis" It removes flouride and other base metals from the water, and as far as I'm aware, it's the only product which does so. Not only this, but it's about a quater of the price of other filter systems. You can get a home one for around 250 quid, with 50 quid per year for the filters.

I will be invsting in one very soon. I suggest that you do to, if you are opposed to drinking this crap.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
For anyone wanting to keep tabs on the government's discussions around fluoridisation of water in the UK, i'd recommend:

TheyWorkForYou - Fluoride & Water

According to Simon Burns, Minister for Health HERE

Section 58 of the Water Act 2003 empowers strategic health authorities (SHAs) to contract with water undertakers to fluoridate a water supply after conducting public consultations. It is essential that any consultation gives people a real opportunity to make their views known and that those views are taken into account before a final decision is made.

The decision by South Central SHA to approve the fluoridation of water supplies to the Southampton area is the subject of a judicial review, which is likely to be heard in the autumn, and so due to the legal challenge the Department is unable to comment.

it will be interesting to see the outcome of the review and it may be a landmark case in how things will go for the rest of the country.

This is important information thank you, and I use that site quite a bit.
People need to get off their botty and lobby MP's they need to show they are worried and concerned. Write to the MPs with lists of names of people you know. Go to the MP's surgery and keep the pressure up.Send out a press release to local papers etc etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join