It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange orange balls of fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
During the last Israeli-Lebanon war I was sitting on my western terrace looking west towards the West Bank. (I am an American working in Jordan and this terrace faces Jerico which is about 18 miles as the crow flies) and suddenly there appeared, about 40 degrees above the horizon two fuzzy orange lights about 5 degrees apart. Since I knew Israel was flying sorties toward lebanon I assumed it was the the flame from the jets. Well they didn't move. Just stayed stationary for about 3-4 minutes and one turns off. Kinda fades then "clicks" off. After 2-5 minutes it is on again. this continues for a couple of hours. Not always in the same place but in the same general region of the sky. Ocassionally both lights would be off and then one or both are visible again. Since they were completely stationary it could not have been a plane. OK, so I get my 3.5 inch telescope out of the garage and set it up on the terrace. Looking through the twlescope it looked like a tine ball of fite. I could even see a thin trail of smoke, kind of like wispy cigarette smoke. I see it turn off and there seems to be nothing there.

Suddenly I detect a faint ligt that gets brighter and there it is again. I expected to see something on the news about it but, nothing. For the next two weeks they make an appearance about 8 o'clock each night and finish about 11 o'clock.

Now a few years later I have pretty much forgotten about them. Until last night .....they are back! 5 in the sky last night!

Anyone ever see anything like this?

[edit on 29-6-2010 by gem_man]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Sounds like flares..
Sounds like flares..

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Have you got any photographs/video of the objects.?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

Could not have been flares as they did not float to the ground. They seemed completely stationary.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

I didn't take any.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Flares don't nessisarily drop to the ground. Here in the UK I like 3 miles from an Army base and the helicopters are forever flying over my house releasing flares. At first I didn't know what to think - an orange glowing ball of fire streaking across the night sky with a helicopter in persuit for it to just apparently fade into the nether.

Turns out they're flares used to distract enemy heat seekers and last for quite a while.

If they turned out to be flares they could have been travelling towards you very slowly which explains why they appeared to not move.

I'm not trying to debunk or make you seem like a fool by the way, just wanted to give you my input.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Classic orbs behaviour.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

Have you got any photographs/video of the objects.?

Photo's wont help much.

Last night the moon was gigantic and bright bright orange. It looked so surreal it was almost scary. I tried to take a picture, I have a really good DSLR, and that wouldn't even pick up the moon like I saw it with my eyes, it just came out like this tiny orange dot.

Pictures of such things rarely help the case. Our eyes are much more accurate and sensitive to objects in the sky.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I saw 2 orange fireballs in Florida..they uncloaked in a puff of smoke, and turned into silver triangles..most amazing thing I ever saw!...

new topics

top topics

join