It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honduran ex-president: US was behind my overthrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Honduran ex-president: US was behind my overthrow

wire.antiwar.com

Former Honduran President Manuel Zelaya accused the United States of being behind the 2009 coup that ousted him, in a letter released Monday on the first anniversary of his ouster.

Zelaya, who now lives in the Dominican Republic, has given conflicting accounts on what role the United States allegedly played in the coup, in which Honduran soldiers hustled him out of the country on June 28, 2009.

He has alternately praised the policy of the U.S. government on the issue, and also criticized W
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Now it looks like Zelaya is confirming what many of us suspected to begin with. As far as his conflicting reports, I suspect that he was hoping the the US would ultimately fix the situation due to political circumstances and now that he knows this won't happen, he is now speaking his mind.

The US had good reason and an even better opportunity to get rid of the Latin American leader who was standing in the way of US interests or at least US corporate interests in the region. Now that Zelaya is saying this, I wonder how much weight it will hold. Probably none.

--airspoon

wire.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I don't know much about Honduran politics, but Zelaya comes across pretty hapless in this article. He seems to have trouble identifying his friends and enemies, which could be a problem when you try to do stuff like rewriting your constitution.

new topics

join