It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your thoughts about Children who drown during Baptisms?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

WTF!!!! honestly? WTF!!!! I didnt know kids drowned during this Baptisms!!! Are you serious???

What are my thoughts? Get out of town.. Thats totally crazy!!!
Maybe who ever does these silly things, need to be more careful...!

I have never heard of kids drowning at baptisms.. But sounds like a criminal offence if you want to know the truth...
Down right Bullocks!!! Their are adults right there!!! NO reason for anyone to die over such things... REALLY?????

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Our children should be educated in order to make their own informed decisions about religion. Not have it chosen for them before they even comprehend what it is. I don't understand a parent risking death in the name of religion, its truly idiotic, blinkered and indoctrinated thinking or lack of it. "

(who me)

Words spoken from someone in good intention but lacking understanding.

Baptism is what allows God into the soul. it's the stepping stone to communion and graces never before experienced in the soul. Santicfying grace leading saints into ecstacies and so on.

But, the thing with the OP. it's not on the parents if this happened. Iv'e never heard of this before. It's on the preachers for baptising a baby by dunking it under water.

That's NOT how you baptise a baby whop hasn't learned to hold it's breath. This has to be protestant.

Babies have always been sprinkled on the forhead in the catholic church.

" I thought unbaptized babies went to purgatory. Before they "invented" that I think they went to hell.

I think if a person proclaims they are a catholic then this is what they HAVE to believe. I hate religious hypocrites who pick and choose what to believe even more than I hate religion. "

(totalstrnager)

No they didn't invent anything. God clearly said.

whatever you loose is loosed on earth, and bind is bound in heaven. God set up a hierchy to interpret scripture so the whole congregation wouldn't be divided on personal interpretation.

and as for you hating religion. I hate biggots who hate religion without understanding.

peace OP.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
double post, I don't know how it happens but sorry moderator.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
First of all, Esoteric Teacher, this is not a fair question since you begin with a false assumption or at the least one wthout any evidence. How many reports of baptismal drownings were you able to uncover? Just my point.
You paint this horrible picture in the mnds of your fellow ATSers of imaginary babies drowning right and left in imaginary church baptismals and then have the cheek to query if we think they are saved or not? Shame on you; you should know better!
One certainly has to question your motives in such an exercise.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

You should read the thread because it is clear that you didn't.

reply to post by lightseeker

You should also read the thread as esoteric teach appologized after the issue was addressed.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Never mind.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I almost doubt something like this could have happened is sounds so ridiculous. Do you have any links to the actual occurrence?

However it wouldn't be too much of a surprise people have done many evil things in the name of religion because they don't know God which is why God will tell some who claim to have done much for God "depart from me I never knew you" because its about having a relationship with God not religion. Jesus knowing the best. Religious leaders thought they knew God and wanted Jesus dead so persuaded the people to crucify Jesus. They didn't even recognize God in the flesh when they saw him. John 1st chapter indicates Jesus was God in the flesh.

Some one who things they have to hold some one under the water is making up their own rules. Bible never says you have to hold them under water its as simple as taking a dip in the bath tub or the pool and its only symbolic of the baptism of the spirit. John the baptist knew that when he stated about the baptism of the holy spirit.

God's Church are his people not the building. When he comes back he is coming for the people not the building. The building are just where people gather.

Part of the fruit of the spirit is wisdom. You will know them by their fruits.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by forevereternal

read the thread...

reply to post by lightseeker

Well lesson learned next time someone talles you to read the thread just read it do not just say you did.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I did read the thread. What I did not see and stll do not are any links to the occurances you all referred to. I was replying to the inital question posed by the OP. Maybe there's something wrong with my browser. Beats me. Anyway, it's not worth arguing about,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join