It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Lapse Satellite View of Oil Leak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
A puncture wound a mile under the surface of the Gulf continues to bleed, this blood has no coagulation process, unable to clot itself it continues to bleed out, staining the water, the animals and the shoreline.

Mankind faces a real challenge on a scale never before imagined. The ecosystem hangs in the balance, its destiny now in our hands. Organisms that we may never see, animals and sea life we may never touch, wetlands, shorelines and beaches we may never walk or swim, are all looking towards mankind, depending on our species the free thinkers of the animal kingdom to fix this problem. Human innovation needs to rise up and answer its calling in this dire moment in history.

Here is a time lapse video from satellite images of the oil leak from the time it started April 20-May24. Also included below the video are satellite images continuing on from when the video leaves off.

Satellite Images May 25-June 27

May 25

May 31

June 7

June 10

June 12

June 18

June 19

June 25

June 26

June 26

June 27

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

I will continue to add satellite images to this thread as they get released.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
wow awesome job posting this! really puts things into perspective. I just wish there was a way to really tell what all is oil in the pictures. S&F

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Great stuff. We must remember that the corexit 9500 will keep most of it submerged,so what we see on the surface is only a hint of whats underneath.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
What a perspective. Hope they update it to include June. Thanks.

I was wondering if those plumes we keep hearing about show up here? Plumes of methane gas, are they?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
that is insanely out of control. if they dont plug this thing up soon that whole delta area is going to be screwed. do you know how sick people are going to get if they eat any seafood from anywhere near that area?

man im glad im nowhere near that i really feel for the people living there. im surprised they havent gathered a posse and started hunting for BP heads. somebody better pay for this.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I appreciate your comments.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I was wondering if those plumes we keep hearing about show up here? Plumes of methane gas, are they?

I don't believe the methane gas would be visible from these images.

I think a more sensitive satellite designed to pick up on gases might be able to.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

I'm not sure how well you can see the labels on what is oil and what is muddy water, etc, in the images above, but if you click the link, you can view the images or download them in a larger size.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
July 4

July 9

July 11

July 12

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That truly is heart-wrenchingly awful. I'm not an ecologist, but I would bet that the effects of this disaster are going to be ricocheting through the wider ecosystem for decades to come. Hell, people may even be able to see remnants of what happened a century hence, in terms of the "footprint" made in the animal and plant populations.

Awful. Just bloody awful.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
July 14

July 19

July 20

July 28

top topics

join