It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Full Harvast Moons, 3 Days in a Row

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The moon has looked strange to me as well. My 11 yr old noticed it looked full 2 nights in a row.. she has a telescope she messes with and the youngest said it was a big pink moon that was hers.
Anyway, it HAS looked strange.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SwissPort905v2

To add to what Phage said, it is called a harvest moon because as you may know, the days get shorter in the fall in the northern hemisphere. The full moon allowed the farmers of years gone by to manually harvest the crops into the night since the full moon provides enough light for this.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It's been somewhat orange the last few nights.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I also noticed the moon this past weekend. I wasnt sure what night the actual full moon was on. I was thinking it was friday because thats when i noticed it. I didnt really sit and look at it but i noticed it again saturday and sunday. So it seems alot of people did take exceptional notice of the moon this past weekend. Enough so to create a thread or comment on it. That i find kinda odd in itself. However the actual phase of the moon is very difficult to spot with the naked eye and be 100% sure its full. Whenever i think that i just go back to what we know about the phases of the moon. Waxing and waning and all.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I swear I seen one last night
I dont think it was full
like 90%
But it was definitely orange.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
alot of weird things have been happening around toronto, we've had clouds for the past 2 weeks now, thick clouds.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Where we live, we're 4 weeks ahead in our growing season for some reason. Its been really weird.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join