It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ Senator Confirms State Borders Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thought this was funny. Hope it hasn't already been posted...

MILWAUKEE -- Arizona Senator Jon Kyl has confirmed, Arizona is, in fact, on the border with Mexico. Kyl sent Milwaukee County Supervisor Peggy West a letter in which he says, "You will be interested to learn that Arizona does indeed share a border with Mexico. I have enclosed a map for your convenience." Kyl goes on to urge West to, "actually read the Arizona law before forming an opinion about it." Source

[edit on 28-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
lmao
this was so funny
S&F 4 U

ahhh the sarcasm of a Senator
can be amazing sometimes.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I remember hearing about this, just to funny, an other stupid politican running your city MILWAUKEE.
What gives them the right to talk about our laws in Arizona?
S&F for you

[edit on 29-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
oops

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Um..............

This isn't a joke? That elected official didn't know Arizona borders Mexico?

Kudos to the guy who corrected the county supervisor, without rolling on the floor laughing his butt off, as he brought a big of geography knowledge to her attention.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It's not a joke. I was just telling someone that when my son told me about this story this evening, I didn't believe him. Kind of scary too to think people feel so justified in taking a hard stance on a subject they know so little about.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ok geography fail!

Lady, you aren't helping, please sit down!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children".

Lest we forget, 2007 Miss Teen USA pageant, Caitlin Upton, Miss South Carolina

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Thought this was funny. Hope it hasn't already been posted...

MILWAUKEE -- Arizona Senator Jon Kyl has confirmed, Arizona is, in fact, on the border with Mexico. Kyl sent Milwaukee County Supervisor Peggy West a letter in which he says, "You will be interested to learn that Arizona does indeed share a border with Mexico. I have enclosed a map for your convenience." Kyl goes on to urge West to, "actually read the Arizona law before forming an opinion about it." Source

[edit on 28-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

Hey look, even has a big blue arrow and highlighted in bright yellow!

Easy peasy to find!

*laughing so hard I messed up with the quote option!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Justaposter]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well I hope his attempts at educating worked. Wonder if there's any followup to this story. LOL

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yep...there are stupid people on both sides.

Don't think anyone can deny that.

new topics

top topics

join