It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are Smarter than Aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I wonder why in the more recent Sci-fi stories, Humans are increasingly often portrayed as being Smarter(have higher IQ) than Most(if not all) of Aliens even despite the Technological Inferiority of the Humanity in the face of the aliens?

[edit on 29/6/2010 by masonicon]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That's easy.

Humans have not been so dumbed down yet.
All the high tech from the alien civilizations made them not use their intelligence anymore and they get dumber and dumber.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
That's easy.

Humans have not been so dumbed down yet.
All the high tech from the alien civilizations made them not use their intelligence anymore and they get dumber and dumber.

In the sci-fi stories that I mentioned here, Humans are the smartest species but their intelligence is the only strength of their species while they have at least 1001 weaknesses that including: greed, Physically and Mentally inept, and very powerless in everything save for Intellect and theoritical scientific knowledges. thus even any members of it's species that have any special abilities like psychic abilities and similar abilities are counts as non-human beings and I'm not talking about real life here in this thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

I'm not talking about real life here in this thread.

Yeah, I got that.

The only other option I can think of is because it is fiction focused on entertaining people.
But I thought that would be a thread killer.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
I wonder why in the more recent Sci-fi stories, Humans are increasingly often portrayed as being Smarter(have higher IQ) than Most(if not all) of Aliens even despite the Technological Inferiority of the Humanity in the face of the aliens?

no offense intended. but in defense of science fiction, it is science fiction.

speaking on behalf of all the aliens i know and have ever met, we are not too offended.

but what do i know?

End Transmission,
ET

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Because Hollywood is about selling tickets, not about making movies that make sense.

If you want a more realistic sci-fi about aliens then see 2001 A Space Odyssey.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Scramjet76]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It stems from the inherent difficulty of portraying an intelligence more sophisticated than yourself. The only way to do it is to hint at it vaguely, you can only show the final amazing product of an intelligent action, you can't actually portray the intelligence itself, in order to do that you would need to be equally intelligent. I think many filmmakers would consider this a cop-out, and in order to have a chance of showing something which seems more concrete, they pursue the infinitely less likely opposite scenarios, (Humans encountering inferior intelligence.) At least they can then show those stories from beginning to end, explicitly.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Often in sci-fi stories that I mentioned here, the strength of Humans(especially earth humans) are lies solely in the Inteligence(IQ) and theoritical knowledge, making them number one smartest and most intelligent species in the milky way galaxy, but their weakness are more than sufficient to outweigh their strengths where pretty much everything other than living earth humans are superhuman beings.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yep, they are typically either of smarter or comparable intelligence. Can anyone name any books or movies where this is not the case? I wonder if the new alien invasion movie, "Skyline" I believe is the name, will have smarter aliens?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
Yep, they are typically either of smarter or comparable intelligence. Can anyone name any books or movies where this is not the case? I wonder if the new alien invasion movie, "Skyline" I believe is the name, will have smarter aliens?

There's books, movies, and games that portrays Humans are smarter than aliens: DC Comics(particularly modern age), Alien vs Predator series, and Halo series respectively

edit on 11/9/2010 by masonicon because: unknown reason

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It depends on what sort of Aliens you are reffering to?

Micro-organisms on another planet class as "Aliens".

Of course we are smarter.

Its more than likely there are Aliens in the Universe who are living intelligent creatures but without technology, so they live off the land.

Of course there are going to be species which are far more older and intelligent than we are.

But it works both ways.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Micro-organisms on another planet class as "Aliens".

Of course we are smarter.

Its more than likely there are Aliens in the Universe who are living intelligent creatures but without technology, so they live off the land.

Of course there are going to be species which are far more older and intelligent than we are.

But it works both ways.

many DC Comics aliens as well Xenomorph and Yautja plus the Covenant, and others in more recent Sci-fi stories and we not talking about any Micro-organisms on another planet in this thread of course

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

in this thread we only refers to Sapient alien species

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This can be the worst cliche ever when this is combined with Puny Earthlings where Human IQ compensates their inferiority to other Sapeint races

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You know that people like realizing their dreams in fictions ,because they can't make it true in reality.Human should be more modest ,right?Arrogance will always be ended with something bad,

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I hope so as well. But you and I know that the humans are going to outsmart and destroy the alien invaders in a cliche manner as other movies. The only movie that I can think of that the alien race dominates humanity is "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Because humans have courage, willingness, reason, love, and oneness. Well, maybe .0002% of the world does.??

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaturalKnowledge

Because humans have courage, willingness, reason, love, and oneness. Well, maybe .0002% of the world does.??

and even when earth humans are the highest IQ species in the universe, courage, willingness, reason, love, and oneness still isn't the strength of the humans as the worst cliche ever in the fiction are: unless when it comes to IQ, everything else is better than earth humans

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It seems that humanity is usually portrayed as an awesome, but young race. The aliens often have better technology because they've been around longer.

It wouldn't be much of a story if an alien ship showed up to earth, pressed a button, and erased humanity; all in the space of 5 minutes.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson

It seems that humanity is usually portrayed as an awesome, but young race. The aliens often have better technology because they've been around longer.

It wouldn't be much of a story if an alien ship showed up to earth, pressed a button, and erased humanity; all in the space of 5 minutes.

What's funny is that this is what would actually happen if aliens wanted to wipe us out.
We'd not even know what happened.
*zap*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join