It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel Castro Warns of US-Iran War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

HAVANA TIMES, June 28 — Former Cuban President Fidel Castro sent out a warning on Sunday about a possible US-Israeli conflict with Iran that would bring unfathomable consequences. Reports last week of US and Israeli warship movements brought on the statement by Castro.

“I am neither a prophet nor a fortune teller. Nobody told me a word of what was to happen. It has all been the result of what I today describe as a logical reasoning,” he said.

Source

Here is yet another country coming out and saying that war is coming. Lets just hope war doesn't happen.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I thought he was dead?
Why is 'former'? Health reasons, no?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by azguyblahblah
I thought he was dead?
Why is 'former'? Health reasons, no?

I believe it says former because his brother Raul Castro is leader.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Fidel is in poor health and is basically retired. Yes Raul is their "presidente".

To date that I've read:

1. Castro says war is coming
2. Italy says war is coming
3. Russia backs away from Iran both politically and militarily
4. US now has 2 full carrier groups and one amphibious assault group just outside Iranian waters
5. Saudi Arabia clears the use of airspace to Israel for strikes against the Iranian nuclear facilities
6. Some US / Israeli forces with a forward Israeli air bomber group in a former soviet republic
7. Sanctions went down on Iran.
8. Iranian president still clueless.
9. French carrier group on the way
10. British carrier group on the way by the end of the year.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Iranian president still clueless?

i would say his stance on this matter is 'bring it on', because he knows that despite the consequences to this world and to his own country, it will bring the total destruction of israel - and i guess it's worth every sacrifice in his opinion. the sad thing is, israel said years ago already, that in case they'll be attacked with chemical/biological and/or nuclear weapons, they'll pull out 'samson option', launching nuclear missiles in every possible direction - and their missiles can easily reach many of the european cities... basically, if iran will be attacked, there's very little chance it won't turn into world war III.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Duplicate Thread.

Please contribute to the Ongoing Discussion

Closing

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join