It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Rising in the Gulf

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have heard of theories that people believe that Atlantis is truly in the Gulf of Mexico. This would make sense when you consider that the gulf has the second largest oil deposit, and oil is called fossil fuels because it is made from decomposed trees and various other organic materials. Could it be? Could Atlantis have been under our nose the entire time?

Famous Author/mystic/psychic Edgar Cayce predicted that Atlantis would rise again, could the spill be a cover up for what is really going on? To hide the truth of our origin?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I heard Atlanta was Tampa Bay FL, if so Atlanta hasn't fallen yet.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

liera

it would be nice if something magical happened, so I feel ya
but I think what is happening in the gulf is mass destruction perpetrated
by evil selfish men who have no souls

what is the link you sent suposed to represent you didn't explain

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
As long as I've been reading about Atlantis, there is much evidence that it existed between America and europe due to ancient but explainable underwater architecture. You can find out more bout it here. It's a good distraction from the gulf chaos too

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
As long as I've been reading about Atlantis, there is much evidence that it existed between America and europe due to ancient but explainable underwater architecture. You can find out more bout it here. It's a good distraction from the gulf chaos too

Funny... the more and more I read about atlantis, i eventually came to the conclusion that it never existed. This thread doesn't make me believe otherwise.

Firstly, cover-up of our origins? Why would the US government do that, and why would every other government let them? And why would anthropology have pre-human remains, if we all started off humans?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I don't think Atlantis is in the Gulf, it wouldn't make much sense for Plato to mention something outside the world that was known to the Greeks. After the migrations of humans into North America the link to NA was lost and European civilization was isolated from all native American cultures until Columbus (unless you want to count the Viking explorations).

So for Plato to be referencing an island in the Gulf... I don't think that works. With all the news coverage the spill is getting don't you think the news cameras would notice a massive island rising in the Gulf? Or are they in on some kind of conspiracy to keep the truth of Atlantis away from us all as well?

The theory doesn't make much sense to me, sorry. All it would really take is some recent satellite photos to prove or disprove the idea there's an island rising there but most of the sites I know of Google Maps, Google Earth, Flash Earth, TerraServer all use older images not highly recent ones.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
I have heard of theories that people believe that Atlantis is truly in the Gulf of Mexico. This would make sense when you consider that the gulf has the second largest oil deposit, and oil is called fossil fuels because it is made from decomposed trees and various other organic materials. Could it be? Could Atlantis have been under our nose the entire time?

Famous Author/mystic/psychic Edgar Cayce predicted that Atlantis would rise again, could the spill be a cover up for what is really going on? To hide the truth of our origin?

If Edgar Cayce's predictions are to be true, they are 12 years late.

Oil may or may not be caused by decomposing animals (look up Thomas Gold's Abiotic Coal and oil theories).

And there are many, many threads dealing with Atlantis near Cuba. I participated in an excellent one authored by The Way I See It (speaking of which, i miss her....where did she go???)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

With all due respect, Atlantis also supposedly existed 7+ thousand years before Plato's recount of it; we may never find it due to tetonic plate subduction and crustal recycling.

But the "world known to the greeks" at plato's time of accounting, may not have been the world known when the legend was originated. And it probably wasn't.

Personally, I still think it was located in Peru in ancient history, before the last ice age ~10,000bc.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The story is supposedly 9000 years old when Plato wrote about it.

If one considers what is told by Plato, that this story came from Egyptian priests, it's very likely that there could have been an oral history going back that long. This isn't unheard of.

If that is true, and the mainstream belief of history is wrong, it's possible that they knew about the landmass back then or at least heard about it themselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It is something I and others would very much like to believe, who wouldent.

But there is no evidence to support it, except Plato's account.

Though I would very much like to believe it.

And through our insane development in the last 100 years, It's not hard to believe we did it in another time to. It's just the lack of evidence, there's just as much evidence to back this up as there is turkeys going to space. heh

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Atlantis is Antartica just a lot more south then when it was called Atlantis.. I think there is some sinsiter mr. x behavior going on in the GoM.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

Originally posted by OuttaTime

Funny... the more and more I read about atlantis, i eventually came to the conclusion that it never existed. This thread doesn't make me believe otherwise.

Firstly, cover-up of our origins? Why would the US government do that, and why would every other government let them? And why would anthropology have pre-human remains, if we all started off humans?

There have been finds of architecture in the sea of the Atlantic, which is probably coincidental, but they exist nonetheless. Is it Atlantis? Who knows? Hundreds of documentaries have been done on it and none of them 100% conclusive. I guess it mostly depends on what people believe, and want to believe.
You're right about anthropological cover-ups. When the tree of evolution is studied, there are major evolutional changes between species, even between cromagnon and neanderthal. True, the oldest upright walking species (Lucy) is about 3 million years old who was but the size of a child. I'm sure there is plenty the govt isn't covering up, but won't divulge any either. The distant lines of prolific evolution is not necessarily Darwinian in theory, but one does have to wonder what mechanisms triggered an almost instant homosapiens some 35,000 years ago. And what histories would they have revealed 35,000 years ago if they established a diverse language and literature? All we have to go by in that era is cave paintings and folklore. And with any mystery, conjecture and theorization evolves to fill in the holes. Whether it is right or not, we may never know.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

The story is supposedly 9000 years old when Plato wrote about it.

If one considers what is told by Plato, that this story came from Egyptian priests, it's very likely that there could have been an oral history going back that long. This isn't unheard of.

If that is true, and the mainstream belief of history is wrong, it's possible that they knew about the landmass back then or at least heard about it themselves.

From what I had read in one of the Atlantis books, Plato learned of it from the Egyptians who shared a prehistoric culture with them, and there was a pyramid that had it recorded in heiroglyphics inside, but that pyramid vanished. But from what they say, that pyramid is buried somewhere now underneath centuries of flood mud. If we wanted to find buried pyramids and undersea structures, the HAARP is the most powerful Ground Penetrating Radar in the world. I'm sure they could find it if it was there. And if they did find it, do you think they would tell us? Doubt it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steal7h
I heard Atlanta was Tampa Bay FL, if so Atlanta hasn't fallen yet.

Atlanta?

Are you saying that The SOUTH Will Rise Again?

And btw, my mother always said that "Florida is NOT 'The South'."

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Zeropoint
It is something I and others would very much like to believe, who wouldent.

But there is no evidence to support it, except Plato's account.

Though I would very much like to believe it.

And through our insane development in the last 100 years, It's not hard to believe we did it in another time to. It's just the lack of evidence, there's just as much evidence to back this up as there is turkeys going to space. heh

There's a part in many people that want to believe these things. After all, wouldn't we take comfort in knowing that after an extinction event or global cataclysm, that we as a species will survive? That we can again rebuild that which was destroyed and re-establish our place in this world? Apparently the faster we reintroduce civilization to this planet, the faster we develop the technology to destroy it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by leira7

Atlantis is Antartica just a lot more south then when it was called Atlantis.. I think there is some sinsiter mr. x behavior going on in the GoM.

Well according to the Piri Reis map from 1513, the Antarctic and Greenland were not ice covered (this period of time was before the mini ice age of the dark ages from about 1600-1650), so there may have been cultures on those continents, but they're now beneath hundreds of feet of ice.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils

With all due respect, Atlantis also supposedly existed 7+ thousand years before Plato's recount of it; we may never find it due to tetonic plate subduction and crustal recycling.

But the "world known to the greeks" at plato's time of accounting, may not have been the world known when the legend was originated. And it probably wasn't.

Personally, I still think it was located in Peru in ancient history, before the last ice age ~10,000bc.

As I understood it, there was some question as to the accuracy of Plato's history. Some say 960 years earlier whereas some say it was 9600 years. The latter would correlate with the last ice age. The former would have placed it nearer to the Minoan island of Crete. Their timelines are similar to ancient Egyptian histories. The frescoes paintd on the walls were quite impressive, as was their pottery and literature. Twice have they been destroyed by earthquakes or volcanos.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by Steal7h
Are you saying that The SOUTH Will Rise Again?

Indeed! American by birth. Southern by the grace of god!

[edit on Jun 29, 2010 by Hadrian]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What if Florida was part of the Atlantean continent and the rest of the land mass is submerged in the Gulf and Atlantic?

Homestead FL is the home of the Coral Castle which still remains a mystery as to how it was built, as it seemingly breaks the laws of gravity.

Just sayin'

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If Atlantis was located where the Gulf is then it was destroyed when meteorite impact created the Gulf.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join