It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Hussman: It's Official, The Data Says Another Recession Is Coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

John Hussman: It's Official, The Data Says Another Recession Is Coming

www.businessinsider.com

Fund manager John Hussman (via PragCap), who's been bearish for awhile, says it's now clear that a double-dip is coming.

Based on evidence that has always and only been observed during or immediately prior to U.S. recessions, the U.S. economy appears headed into a second leg of an unusually challenging downturn.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Stock up boys and girls!! It's gonna be a bumpy ride.. The only thing thats keeps some of us from feeling the economy slipping is that we have credit cards, and all we have to do is swipe the card.
Makes you wonder if the move to a cashless currency is making it's way to our front doors.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Another recession?

This depression never ended.

It's only just begun.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
And who predicted this?

Many ATSers and the Austrian School of Economics.

Don't know what I am talking about?

Here I did a quick google for you.
en.wikipedia.org...

Check it out. This was predicted and we have been screaming about it for years....

Another thing. What is the law of gravity?
What goes up, must come down!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I know alot of people have been saying this for a while now, but this is just another expert agreeing with us. Economies worldwide are being liquidated, and something huge is about to take place.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What?

A Final Surge?

Red Tide Rising?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d740cc7f321.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I believe this is going to happen for sure.

My dad works for a fortune 500 company who has one of the same economic advisors as the Obama admin and they just had a meeting last week that pretty much pointed towards the same outcome.

I guess it was said that Q3 and Q4 of 2010 we will see a major downturn in the economy.

So it looks like we have some time before things get worse so enjoy it while it lasts.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
yeah many have said this, and the writing on the wall, has been there for some time, seems more and more of the "mainstream" are now seeing the writing on the wall for what it is.

I don't know if that a good sing or a bad sign, remember for the first dip many said "its just a correction" for months .. until finally admitting it's a recession.. I have a feeling if these same people now are not so hopeful on "corrections" either they have learned there lesson and took off the rose colored glasses , or the glasses are still on and were not into a 2nd recession it will be a depression.

However on the MSM there saying all is good.. bla bla bla.. laughing as I buy more real money in the form of bullion at dirt cheap prices.. Please keep up the propaganda.. let me buy more real money at cheap prices for as long as I can. $40 spread on gold today and silver was $.50 spread today.. hanging nice and low now .. buy it while you can..

Either way, if its good and no problems, I'm good , if it gets really bad, I'm good there also.

Bring it on, no matter what IT is..

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't believe we ever stepped out of the "recession" and they can just manipulate the markets anyway.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?

... they can just manipulate the markets anyway.

Magical markets

Yeah we seen that trick before.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Markets have gone up and down a few hundred points here and there. Lately just a few points on the DOW. Insiders are are waiting for the shoe to fall. Do what everyone else has done. Liquidate and buy in later at the fire sale.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Sorry imo there is no such thing as a "double dip recession" .. which is a Recession, which then turns upswing, then turns recession. IMO, the small amount of time "in green" should not break the cycle or terminology.. It's the same recession, not a new one.. and in this case because of it's length, it's a depression.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yes double dip is when they take a bite out of the celery and dip the same
stalk back into the blue cheese contaminating it for everyone. The MSM talks
about it like we are on a big upswing from the initial crash. Looking Eastward
or back Westward, do you really see an economic Fountain on the Horizontal
tracing board any time soon? They are not of the light. They are of the pit of
darkness, and so continue to pour our hard earned values and dollars into
that pit of insatiable depth.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It doesn't help that Obama doesn't seem to have any sense of economics. He went to the g20 summit trying to convince other leaders to keep up the "stimulus" spending. With what??? Other countries can't just have some fed reserve print up money. They're totally broke, some bankrupt. They just handed over about a trillion dollars to Greece, cause they were bankrupt. Iceland went bankrupt last year some time.

You can't keep spending your way out of a recession forever. It's like telling the fat guy to eat his way out of obesity.

It is you taxpayers whose money he is spending. And so far the "stimulus" hasn't worked and a lot of it was spent on quite useless things.

new topics

top topics

join